BREAKING : Turkey: Erdoğan submits Sweden’s NATO bid approving bill to parliament for ratification - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

We should congratulate Moscow BARBARIC IMPERIALISM for being the greatest NATO recruiter. We should dedicate an award for their massive backfire.

PS Erdogan AGAIN dumped a huge dump on the heads of putin :knife: & MOSCOW /putin´s lovers :lol: ....

Ukraine will introduce 40% of NATO standards by the end of this year, - UA War InfographicsOf the 1,122 NATO standards, Ukraine has already adopted 287. About 200 more will be introduced by the end of 2023.NATO standards, in particular, regulate intelligence in ground operations, mining tactics, civilian control over the army, and the prevention of corruption.

Sweden joining is good, but its utterly pathetic the way the Liberals need to keep congratulating themselves on Sweden joining. Firstly they still haven't, eighteen months after the start of the SMO, but I would have thought it might induce some reflection by the Liberals on whether they should have been reaching out to Sweden in the eighteen nineties and nineteen noughties, rather than conspiring with Russia in the encirclement of Germany.
annatar1914 wrote:@Rancid :

They are. If anything like the Baltics or Italy in WW2, Sweden and Finland are more a liability to their allies than an asset.

Uh? Pardon me? Sweden has always been the hidden tiger of military conflicts. They usually perform way over their weight category. Considering they have an almost full military industrial complex that most countries don't even have that is a very weird thing to say. From fighters to tanks to apcs...

You are forgetting that Grippen might arrive in Ukraine along with F16 and by many accounts Grippen is a superior plane to F16 if we don't take electronics and such in to consideration because it is really hard to say.
JohnRawls wrote:Uh? Pardon me? Sweden has always been the hidden tiger of military conflicts. They usually perform way over their weight category. Considering they have an almost full military industrial complex that most countries don't even have that is a very weird thing to say. From fighters to tanks to apcs...

You are forgetting that Grippen might arrive in Ukraine along with F16 and by many accounts Grippen is a superior plane to F16 if we don't take electronics and such in to consideration because it is really hard to say.

@JohnRawls :

Sweden doesn't even have the courage to defend itself internally, much less present a credible part of the NATO alliance. They don't have any fight in them, they're hallowed out as a society.
annatar1914 wrote:@JohnRawls :

Sweden doesn't even have the courage to defend itself internally, much less present a credible part of the NATO alliance. They don't have any fight in them, they're hallowed out as a society.

Oh really, so now countries having issues with immigration or crime is some kind of determining factor for military activity. By that logic Russia and USA would be disarmed nations or something.
@annatar1914

My money would be on Sweden's military over Russia's military. I think the Swedes and Norwegians have some excellent engineering prowess and would fight hard like the Fins did when Russia tried to invade that country several times. The Fins fought very well against the Russians.
Neo wrote:@annatar1914

My money would be on Sweden's military over Russia's military. I think the Swedes and Norwegians have some excellent engineering prowess and would fight hard like the Fins did when Russia tried to invade that country several times. The Fins fought very well against the Russians.

I will meme a bit and will mention that Sweden was the Superpower in Europe at times. This is not something that people tend to remember. And no country that was once a superpower is weak right now if they still exist in any sense. So I would advise people to beware of the Swedes. They are definitely a large contribution to the whole NATO architecture be it in material industrial side or men and equipment side.
JohnRawls wrote:I will meme a bit and will mention that Sweden was the Superpower in Europe at times. This is not something that people tend to remember. And no country that was once a superpower is weak right now if they still exist in any sense. So I would advise people to beware of the Swedes. They are definitely a large contribution to the whole NATO architecture be it in material industrial side or men and equipment side.

@JohnRawls :

Sweden was a great power until the Great Northern War, until the mad ambition for military glory of it's king Charles XIII. And who defeated him in the Ukraine of all places? Russia
Neo wrote:@annatar1914

@Neo :

Until they didn't, and had to sue for peace. Only reason they did as well as they did was because of Marshal Mannerhiem, an ethnic Swedish noble from Finland who was a loyal General of the Russian Tsars and identified as a Russian noble, until 1917 ended the Romanov reign.

Sweden was a great power until the Great Northern War, until the mad ambition for military glory of it's king Charles XIII. And who defeated him in the Ukraine of all places? Russia

I am not seeing a problem here. Superpowers rise and fall the rest is just history. Some last way longer than others.
annatar1914 wrote:Sweden doesn't even have the courage to defend itself internally, much less present a credible part of the NATO alliance. They don't have any fight in them, they're hallowed out as a society.

uh huh.

Maybe Putin should have encouraged them to join decades ago then.

Nope, it was King Charles the 12th who closed the door on the Swedish Empire, not the 13th who reigned a hundred years later. Different dudes but Roman numerals makes it an easy mistake to make.

XII

XIII

Talk about simping about Great Empires and their wars of conquest. We used to be in constant wars for hundreds of years. Our population was impoverished, exploited and hungry even at the height of our Empire in the 1650s. We are quite fine where we are today despite problems we do have in our society.

Chimps are about six times stronger than the aver[…]

Leftists have often and openly condemned the Octo[…]

Yes, It is illegal in the US if you do not declar[…]

Though you accuse many people ("leftists&quo[…]