Colorado supreme court disqualifies Trump from state’s 2024 ballot - Page 14 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Rich wrote:
We keep hearing this liberal drivel about a Trump dictatorship..

Trump has admitted it. He said he would be a dictator only on Day One, but you can tell once he has the power, he'll never let it go.

Several years ago, Masha Gessen, who is an expert on such things, wrote a book abut Trump wanting to be a dictator. The word she used was autocrat, I stick with dictator because the difference is usually small, and I want people to understand.

In that regard, there is an army of historians, social scientists, and academics that study government that have said pretty much the same thing.

The weird thing is that it was always there, he's never tried to hide it. Immediately after the 2016 election, Trump thought he'd lost. He said we needed a "2nd amendment solution" to get him the presidency.

The other weird thing is how you carefully ignore all this, it's not as if Trump was subtle..
Tainari88 wrote:Who are you going to vote for in Canada Godstud?
Not Justin Trudeau. He has turned out to be a terrible leader for Canada. Trudeau is not only corrupt beyond words, but a man who does not speak for the majority of Canadians. The first 4 years he did... OK, but after that he has become the worst leader Canada has had, ever.

Trump might be bad but not nearly as bad as Trudeau has been, for Canada.

I will be voting for Pierre Marcel Poilievre(Progressive Conservative) in the next Canadian election.
Godstud wrote:Not Justin Trudeau. He has turned out to be a terrible leader for Canada. Trudeau is not only corrupt beyond words, but a man who does not speak for the majority of Canadians. The first 4 years he did... OK, but after that he has become the worst leader Canada has had, ever.

I will be voting for Pierre Marcel Poilievre(Progressive Conservative) in the next Canadian election.

How in the world is Trudeau worse than Trump?
Godstud wrote:Not Justin Trudeau. He has turned out to be a terrible leader for Canada. Trudeau is not only corrupt beyond words, but a man who does not speak for the majority of Canadians. The first 4 years he did... OK, but after that he has become the worst leader Canada has had, ever.

President Pierre eh? Good luck with him.

I saw a Netflix movie recently featuring a very interesting story about a Maud Dowley. Who was a famous painter-artist from Nova Scotia. What a sad story but also a story of triumph for her as a person.

Let me see if I can find a clip:

I always liked Canadian productions. I find them just great quality Godstud.
KurtFF8 wrote:How in the world is Trudeau worse than Trump?

Under the change to the Canadian Labour Code, which was originally announced in May but finally went into effect on Dec. 15, “menstrual products must be in all toilet rooms regardless of their marked genders.

-- This is thanks to that moron Trudeau, pushing a gender ideology of idiocy. All so more men can go womanface.

Trudeau has done more to degrade democracy and free speech(imposing compelled speech) than Trump ever did. he's also as corrupt or moreso than Trump ever was(See SNC Lavalin).

The SNC-Lavalin affair (French: Affaire SNC-Lavalin) is a political scandal involving attempted political interference with the justice system by the Prime Minister of Canada, Justin Trudeau, and the Prime Minister's Office (PMO).
Godstud wrote:Under the change to the Canadian Labour Code, which was originally announced in May but finally went into effect on Dec. 15, “menstrual products must be in all toilet rooms regardless of their marked genders.

-- This is thanks to that moron Trudeau, pushing a gender ideology of idiocy. All so more men can go womanface.

In what way does this negatively affect you or any human?

Trudeau has done more to degrade democracy and free speech(imposing compelled speech) than Trump ever did. he's also as corrupt or moreso than Trump ever was(See SNC Lavalin).

The SNC-Lavalin affair (French: Affaire SNC-Lavalin) is a political scandal involving attempted political interference with the justice system by the Prime Minister of Canada, Justin Trudeau, and the Prime Minister's Office (PMO).

What exactly has he done to degrade democracy or free speech?

The case you cited just seems like corruption at most.
KurtFF8 wrote:In what way does this negatively affect you or any human?
Are you drunk? :eh: This cult is anti-societal and anti-family ideology. It deserves to be in the dustbin of history. it affects everyone, most especially women(adult human females), who are being mocked and attacked. Men who ACT like women, are not women, but engaging in misogyny.

KurtFF8 wrote:What exactly has he done to degrade democracy or free speech?
Canadian Bill C-16 became law, enforcing compelled use of preferred gender pronouns. In other words, you lose freedom of speech and can be charged if someone is "offended". That is as anti-Democracy and Anti-Freedom of speech as you can get, simply to check off some DEI boxes with the gender identity cult.
late wrote:Trump has admitted it. He said he would be a dictator only on Day One, but you can tell once he has the power, he'll never let it go.

Several years ago, Masha Gessen, who is an expert on such things, wrote a book abut Trump wanting to be a dictator. The word she used was autocrat, I stick with dictator because the difference is usually small, and I want people to understand.

In that regard, there is an army of historians, social scientists, and academics that study government that have said pretty much the same thing.

The weird thing is that it was always there, he's never tried to hide it. Immediately after the 2016 election, Trump thought he'd lost. He said we needed a "2nd amendment solution" to get him the presidency.

The other weird thing is how you carefully ignore all this, it's not as if Trump was subtle..

Trump will make an attempt no doubt.

First he must purge the bureaucracy of people unwilling to do his bidding. He already laid the groundwork for that at the end of his first presidency with "Schedule F appointments" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schedule_F_appointment (immediately repealed by Biden).

Still, he must find 50k loyalists, willing to get into legal problems if Trump's takeover doesn't succeed. Below them, there are millions of employees who must ignore unlawful orders. Then there's the 2-term limit. That will be hard to overcome.

And there's a bigger underlying issue here. Blue America simply won't accept Trump as a dictator. And urban Blue America has the economic power. States like California will tell Trump to fuck off. What is he going to do? Send the cavalry?
Godstud wrote:Are you drunk? :eh: This cult is anti-societal and anti-family ideology. It deserves to be in the dustbin of history. it affects everyone, most especially women(adult human females), who are being mocked and attacked. Men who ACT like women, are not women, but engaging in misogyny.

"menstrual products in all toilet rooms" do not mock or attack anyone. Are you fucking dense?

Godstud wrote:Canadian Bill C-16 became law, enforcing compelled use of preferred gender pronouns. In other words, you lose freedom of speech and can be charged if someone is "offended". That is as anti-Democracy and Anti-Freedom of speech as you can get, simply to check off some DEI boxes with the gender identity cult.

I goggled it, looks like another made-up conservative myth.
Rugoz wrote:"menstrual products in all toilet rooms" do not mock or attack anyone. Are you fucking dense?
Are you a fool? Menstrual products in a MEN's room? Do you know anything about biology or are you just another member of the gender identity cult who thinks people can be anything they want, despite reality?

No. It's not a myth, @Rugoz. It's compelled speech.

Canadian man jailed for calling his biologically female child as ‘daughter’
https://www.opindia.com/2021/03/canadia ... -daughter/
Godstud wrote:Are you a fool? Menstrual products in a MEN's room? Do you know anything about biology or are you just another member of the gender identity cult who thinks people can be anything they want, despite reality?

Who gives a shit. Are you forced to use them?

Godstud wrote:No. It's not a myth, @Rugoz. It's compelled speech.

Canadian man jailed for calling his biologically female child as ‘daughter’
https://www.opindia.com/2021/03/canadia ... -daughter/

Bullshit, Hoogland was not jailed for misgendering his child.

Justice Tammen convicted Hoogland of contempt of court on March 26, 2021 for his repeated violation of the “publication ban.” That is: acts that publicly identify his daughter and other relevant parties (such as medical health professionals and legal counsel).

Besides, it was overturned by the appeals court.
@ingliz @Fasces @Rugoz Enjoy your degeneracy, you fools. "Where's the harm in that" is how we got into a mess where the single parent family and identity politics is destroying Western society while morons like you cheer as if it's harmless. :knife: :knife: :knife:
Rugoz wrote:
Trump will make an attempt no doubt.

First he must purge the bureaucracy of people unwilling to do his bidding. He already laid the groundwork for that at the end of his first presidency with "Schedule F appointments" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schedule_F_appointment (immediately repealed by Biden).

Still, he must find 50k loyalists, willing to get into legal problems if Trump's takeover doesn't succeed. Below them, there are millions of employees who must ignore unlawful orders. Then there's the 2-term limit. That will be hard to overcome.

And there's a bigger underlying issue here. Blue America simply won't accept Trump as a dictator. And urban Blue America has the economic power. States like California will tell Trump to fuck off. What is he going to do? Send the cavalry?

There's always people saying 'it can't happen here', right up to the minute it happens.

I used to think we could easily resist fascism. But consider the first Trump presidency a trial run, he'll make sure there are no adults in the room.

There's no magic. Institutions are only as good as the people in them.
Last edited by late on 17 Jan 2024 11:18, edited 1 time in total.
@Godstud enjoy your ahistorical sanctimonious bollocks.

One-parent families have always been with us; women who would rather be men and men who would rather be women, the same. Society has never been up for your ideals, save for a few boring old farts.

I give you a lot more breath was wasted on Sunday sermons then. Sermons that were ignored by rich and poor alike.

But was society any less morally degenerate?

I think not.

:lol:
late wrote:There's always people saying 'it can't happen here', right up to the minute it happens.

I used to think we could easily resist fascism. But consider the first Trump presidency a trial run, he'll make sure there are no adults in the room.

There's no magic. Institutions are only as good as the people in them.

Appointing federal officers and judges requires Senate confirmation, where the old GOP is still strong. Moreover, Trump cannot fire judges.

If Trump ignores the courts, including the SCOTUS, and the GOP is unwilling to impeach Trump, a lot can happen. The question is why anyone would still follow Trump's orders.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

I have never been wacko at anything. I never thou[…]

I think a Palestinian state has to be demilitariz[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]