South Africa launches case at UN court accusing Israel of genocide - Page 40 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

The actual argument (that the definition is being stretched to the point of justifying genocide) is not being addressed.

If there is any counter argument. for that, let me know.

And Nuseirat still exists as an example if we ignore the tunnel: “Hamas may or may have had a presence there at some point in the past, so it is lawful to bomb a marketplace full of refugees” is a deliberate misuse of this idea.

wat0n wrote:Since you follow Israeli media, then I guess you are aware Netanyahu is clearly trying to do his best to prolong the war, and that his coalition is about to blow up over the Haredi draft issue.

Yes, I have said repeatedly in the threads on this genocide that Netanyahu is doing what he is doing because once he stops, he will have to face the 4 charges of corruption, at best. And possibly more, given this genocide..

As for the Haredi issue, I am all for their threats to leave and settlers in general to go back to where they came from. That's the extent to which I care about that news story..

Certainly, getting rid of him alone won't solve the problem. Hamas won't disappear just because Israel changes its PM after all. But it will at least get one focused on Israel's interests rather than avoiding prosecution over his corruption cases.

Absurd. Putting a so-called "liberal" into Netanyahu's seat is not going to change anything. The resistance will fight now until it has sovereignty. The idea that you can maintain the occupation and concentration camp indefinitely falls into clueless retard territory. Israelis will have the option of allowing Palestinians sovereignty in their own state or it will be a war until one side wins. And by the looks of it, that won't be the Israelis, for multiple reasons. Even in this genocidal war, the Palestinian resistance have achieved some of their objectives whereas Israel has not achieved a single one and in fact, has made itself hated the world over, even amongst people who supported it once upon a time.

Also, Hamas doesn't need to be eradicated. Even ISIS hasn't been eradicated. But it can be toppled, and replaced by an international peacekeeping force.

Hamas won't be eradicated. The Palestinian resistance cannot be eradicated. There are a number of orgs alongside al-Qassam; Saraya al-Quds, al-Aqsa martyrs brigade, ANASAD-brigades, PIJ, PFLP(my faves for anyone wondering), DFLP, The Lions Den, etc.etc.etc. They are all on the side of Hamas and all consider themselves one. Israel was successful in splitting Palestinian leadership but that changed a few years ago and prior to October 7, we saw that in the form of the resistance in the West Bank under the umbrella of 'The Lion's Den', which I was even calling a third intifada at the time and what resulted in the Israeli army moving forces from Gaza to the West Bank. Little did I, and they know that this was to distract from what was about to take place from Gaza in October.

And the resistance in the West Bank continues with nightly raids and constant fire and Zionist troops constantly running out and away from the fire, in between killing Palestinians there, kidnapping them, torturing them etc., as they have always done. But the resistance is not going to stop there either. The time for Israel to make a choice between giving the natives of the land their freedom or it's over for Israel as we knew it. Of course the Israelis won't do that because that's not what settler colonial states do, so it will very likely be war until victory for one side wins out.

As for ISIS, it'll be eradicated as soon as it is of no use to the U.S. and Western powers, since it is their baby/proxy. Which reminds me of that time one time ISIS hit Israel with a missile and quickly apologised for doing so. :lol:

KurtFF8 wrote:I'm surprised to see the genocide supporters (like yourself) still harping on this case when Israel has indisputably continued to attack multiple other hospitals since then.

Gaza's health infrastructure has been utterly destroyed and there is hardly a functioning hospital left. The denial about the Israelis bombing that Christian hospital and killing hundreds is just so fucking absurd it borders on amusing. wat0n cannot name A SINGLE TIME any Palestinian weapon has killed hundreds of people at one time...and the reason for that is because Palestinians don't have those type of weapons in their arsenal (unfortunately). If they did, the Israelis would know about it and so would the rest of us. That the Israelis bombed the hospital days before the day the hospital was destroyed and threatened the hospital to evacuate because they planned to bomb again is just a minor fact to that whole story.

But as Alexie Sayle said in his alternative Christmas speech last December about Zionists: They lie and lie and lie and lie and lie and lie and lie and lie and lie and lie and lie and lie and lie and lie and lie and lie and lie and lie and lie and lie and lie.

So I guess, this kind of crap should be expected..
Pants-of-dog wrote:The actual argument (that the definition is being stretched to the point of justifying genocide) is not being addressed.

If there is any counter argument. for that, let me know.

The definition of "military object" is not being stretched to justify anything, this is a straw man.

In fact, you actually tried to change the definition of "military object" and I called your bullshit out.

Pants-of-dog wrote:And Nuseirat still exists as an example if we ignore the tunnel: “Hamas may or may have had a presence there at some point in the past, so it is lawful to bomb a marketplace full of refugees” is a deliberate misuse of this idea.

No, the claim is that Hamas had a permanent presence in Nuseirat and that this justified taking it, this was confirmed by the fact hostages were taken there.

skinster wrote:Hamas won't be eradicated. The Palestinian resistance cannot be eradicated. There are a number of orgs alongside al-Qassam; Saraya al-Quds, al-Aqsa martyrs brigade, ANASAD-brigades, PIJ, PFLP(my faves for anyone wondering), DFLP, The Lions Den, etc.etc.etc. They are all on the side of Hamas and all consider themselves one. Israel was successful in splitting Palestinian leadership but that changed a few years ago and prior to October 7, we saw that in the form of the resistance in the West Bank under the umbrella of 'The Lion's Den', which I was even calling a third intifada at the time and what resulted in the Israeli army moving forces from Gaza to the West Bank. Little did I, and they know that this was to distract from what was about to take place from Gaza in October.

They are all being kicked out of power in Gaza, too. The "Lion's Den" is not able to take territory, at all.

That is the big "accomplishment" of the October 7 massacre, that and giving you reasons to openly ask for rape footage.
Bringing hostages to a place does not mean there is a permanent presence there.

Since there is no counter argument to the claim of misuse of humanitarian terminology, we can move on to the next argument in the paper.

Another example of this deliberate misuse of language is the redefinition of military advantage to encompass bringing Hamas down as a whole. Nuseirat can be bombed at any time with any level of civilian casualties as long as it might be able to be seen as weakening Hamas’s power over Palestine entirely.

Once there are four easily found examples of the same behaviour, it is hard to argue this is not a pattern.

And this specific pattern of misuse of humanitarian terminology shows intent of genocide.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Bringing hostages to a place does not mean there is a permanent presence there.

Yes it does. To do so, Hamas needs to have planned where they would be kept at, how would they be fed, how would they be moved without anyone realizing, who would guard them, how to prevent rescue attempts, etc all of which require permanent presence.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Since there is no counter argument to the claim of misuse of humanitarian terminology, we can move on to the next argument in the paper.

I already provided you with not just a counterargument but a complete refutation.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Another example of this deliberate misuse of language is the redefinition of military advantage to encompass bringing Hamas down as a whole. Nuseirat can be bombed at any time with any level of civilian casualties as long as it might be able to be seen as weakening Hamas’s power over Palestine entirely.

Once there are four easily found examples of the same behaviour, it is hard to argue this is not a pattern.

And this specific pattern of misuse of humanitarian terminology shows intent of genocide.

And this is yet another distortion of what "military advantage" is, even though you were provided the definition. I guess that's how the brains of mass rape apologists work.
In this thread, we have even seen examples of this particular misuse of language, where any possible disadvantage to Hamas is used as justification for any civilian deaths, regardless of how weakly the disadvantage is associated with the killings.

For example, the deliberate withholding of humanitarian assistance is justified by the excuse that Hamas might get its hands on the food, Consequently. it is “just” and “lawful” to prevent all food from entering Gaza, since starving Hamas would provide a military advantage, even if it means a famine in Gaza.
wat0n wrote:They are all being kicked out of power in Gaza, too. The "Lion's Den" is not able to take territory, at all.

What the hell are you talking about? Who's being kicked out of power? The people who can't take any territory in Gaza are Zionist troops; every time they enter they get attacked and run back into Israel. There is a battle going on right now with the resistance and Zionist troops. For anyone interested in seeing the success of the resistance on the ground in Gaza and the West Bank, I recommend getting the Telegram app and following the group Resistance News Network, it shows the combat on the ground including lots of footage of killing Israeli terrorists and their tanks etc. and other reports on from the various resistance forces. It's my favourite news channel on Telegram. :excited:

That is the big "accomplishment" of the October 7 massacre, that and giving you reasons to openly ask for rape footage.

Hamas achieved some of their goals by 1) destroying Israel's sense of invincibility which has done untold damage to Israelis and their sense of security, so much so that over a million have fled their colony 2) getting some Palestinian hostages back 3) putting Gaza back on the map in the world, so much so that Western leaders began speaking about the two state solution charade 4) bringing the world to their side. What objectives have Israel achieved? Have they got all their hostages back? Have they eradicated Hamas? :excited:

The resistance will win and your refusal to understand, like Israel's refusal, will be its downfall.
Pants-of-dog wrote:In this thread, we have even seen examples of this particular misuse of language, where any possible disadvantage to Hamas is used as justification for any civilian deaths, regardless of how weakly the disadvantage is associated with the killings.

For example, the deliberate withholding of humanitarian assistance is justified by the excuse that Hamas might get its hands on the food, Consequently. it is “just” and “lawful” to prevent all food from entering Gaza, since starving Hamas would provide a military advantage, even if it means a famine in Gaza.

It is not true that "all food is being prevented from entering Gaza", we also went through this. And you of course keep on insisting on your deliberate distortion of international humanitarian law concepts even when I provided you with sourced definitions.

By the way, there's an explicit right for Israel to take measures to prevent contraband in aid deliveries and aid misappropriation in the Geneva Conventions. Of course they are also subject to the proportionality principle, just like everything else.
wat0n wrote:I guess that's why there are Israeli soldiers still present in central and northern Gaza. Because they're kicked out to Israel.

I said they cannot stay long. Each time they make ground invasions they get attacked and retreat. To deny this shows you don't know what's happening on the ground. Check out the Resistance News Network for more.

And why Israel is totally not occupying the West Bank.

Nobody said otherwise, clown-show. Maybe you should try brushing up on your reading.
So which one is it, @skinster? The Lion's Den can keep Israel from occupying the West Bank so the West Bank is not under Israeli occupation or the Lion's Den cannot keep Israel out of the West Bank so it is still under Israeli occupation? I bet you can't even understand why these are mutually exclusive options.

And Israeli soldiers are refreshed (so they are replaced by fresh troops) as it happens in any war.

Of course, the real reason why Israel isn't just taking decisive action to defeat Hamas and the other armed groups or at least preparing the field for it is that Netanyahu wants to prolong the war. That's why he's currently isolated in the war cabinet.
No one claimed that all food was being blocked. Instead, the claim was that the IDF and Israeli government have misused a tenet of humanitarian law to justify withholding all food from Gaza. There seems to be no dispute about that claim.

Is there any disagreement about the pattern of language misuse?
wat0n wrote:So which one is it, @skinster? The Lion's Den can keep Israel from occupying the West Bank so the West Bank is not under Israeli occupation or the Lion's Den cannot keep Israel out of the West Bank so it is still under Israeli occupation? I bet you can't even understand why these are mutually exclusive options.

What the fuck are you talking about? If you read again my post without playing retard, I referred to the resistance in the West Bank pre Oct 7 in a third intifada like stage. I didn't say anything about stopping the occupation there so I have no idea what shite you're talking and quite frankly, I think you're just being a typically disingenuous bastard. Quote me from now on when you're talking this type of bakwas so we can see how your nonsense relates to what I say, which by the way is clear enough for anyone reading here.

And Israeli soldiers are refreshed (so they are replaced by fresh troops) as it happens in any war.

Israelis cannot occupy any of Gaza. They can barely stay a day before being forced to retreat. These are facts.

Of course, the real reason why Israel isn't just taking decisive action to defeat Hamas and the other armed groups or at least preparing the field for it is that Netanyahu wants to prolong the war.

:lol:
Netanyahu would be celebrated if Hamas were defeated under his rule so you're just talking complete crap again. If he could defeat Hamas and win he would be a winner. But he can't so he is dragging it out until he will be forced to give it up and find himself starting his journey to prison.

But again, the resistance can't be defeated. And this genocide has built the resistance much more than Zionists could ever understand, because like you, they simply refuse to.
@skinster Netanyahu wouldn't be celebrated for defeating Hamas, that's not what polls show. What polls show is that Israelis blame him for failing to prevent 10/7.

As for the rest, you are still contradicting yourself. Now you accept the resistance cannot, in fact, drive Israel out :roll:

If anything, what is in fact true is that there is no purely military solution to the conflict. Sooner or later there will have to be an agreement to solve the conflict for good.
There is no agreement that would solve the conflict for good unless it addresses the settler colonialism.

The final example of the misuse of humanitarian terminology to justify war crimes is the ongoing targeting of hospitals. Hospitals enjoy a higher threshold of supposed military activity before they can be attacked. Instead, the IDF and Israeli government are justifying attacks on hospitals with the unsubstantiated presence of Hamas, as suggested by tunnels not connected to the hospital buildings.

The other salient point is that the IDF must know that injuries and other effects from their bombings are the main cause of death right now in Gaza, and therefore targeting hospitals can only lead to even more civilian deaths since these people are unable to access needed medical care.
Even hospitals lose protection if they're used to commit acts harmful to the attacker.

Fourth Geneva Convention wrote:Article 19 - Wounded and sick IV. Discontinuance of protection of hospitals
The protection to which civilian hospitals are entitled shall not cease unless they are used to commit, outside their humanitarian duties, acts harmful to the enemy. Protection may, however, cease only after due warning has been given, naming, in all appropriate cases, a reasonable time limit, and after such warning has remained unheeded.

The fact that sick or wounded members of the armed forces are nursed in these hospitals, or the presence of small arms and ammunition taken from such combatants and not yet handed to the proper service, shall not be considered to be acts harmful to the enemy.

Note that this exception is only limited to "small arms". RPGs, for example, are not included.
There were no RPGs being used from hospitals.

At best, there is footage of someone shooting an RPG near one.

This idea that every hospital attacked by the IDF was bristling with RPGs seems religious to me: an article of faith that needs no evidence, just belief in a myth.
Last edited by Pants-of-dog on 30 Mar 2024 15:01, edited 1 time in total.
US has agreed to send more bombs and warplanes to Israel, sources say

WASHINGTON, March 29 (Reuters) - The U.S. in recent days authorized the transfer of billions of dollars worth of bombs and fighter jets to Israel, two sources familiar with the effort said on Friday, even as Washington publicly expresses concerns about an anticipated Israeli military offensive in Rafah.

The new arms packages include more than 1,800 MK84 2,000-pound bombs and 500 MK82 500-pound bombs, said the sources, who confirmed a report in the Washington Post.

Washington gives $3.8 billion in annual military assistance to Israel, its longtime ally.

The package comes as Israel faces strong international criticism over its continued bombing campaign and ground offensive in Gaza and as some members of President Joe Biden's party call for him to cut U.S. military aid.

The United States has been rushing air defenses and munitions to Israel, but some Democrats and Arab American groups have criticized the Biden administration's steadfast support of Israel, which they say provides it with a sense of impunity.

Biden on Friday acknowledged "the pain being felt" by many Arab Americans over the war in Gaza and over U.S. support for Israel and its military offensive.
Still, he has vowed continued support for Israel despite an increasingly public rift with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

The White House declined comment on the weapons transfers.

The Israeli embassy in Washington did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The decision on weapons follows a visit to Washington by Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant this week when he discussed Israel's weapons needs with U.S. counterparts.

Speaking to reporters on Tuesday, Gallant, apparently seeking to cool U.S.-Israeli tensions, said he stressed the importance of U.S. ties to his country's security and of maintaining Israel’s "qualitative military edge" in the region, including its air capabilities.

The war erupted on Oct. 7 after Hamas militants attacked Israel and killed 1,200 people and seized 253 hostages, according to Israeli tallies. Israel has retaliated by launching an air and ground assault on Hamas in the Gaza Strip that has killed more than 32,000 people, health authorities in Gaza say.

I wonder if this is considered a violation of the UN security council resolution that was just passed.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@wat0n who the hell in their right mind could de[…]

Not well. The point was that achieving "equ[…]

Were the guys in the video supporting or opposing […]

Watch what happens if you fly into Singapore with […]