Israeli minister calls for return of Jewish settlers to the Gaza Strip after the war - Page 9 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

wat0n wrote:They would be deployed along soldiers from Arab countries. That would make the force neutral.

There could also be troops from other countries. I think there are several South Asian countries with a lot of experience in these operations.

My understanding is that the Arab states would place conditions on their participation, including Israel taking concrete steps towards restarting the peace process. So I suspect this arrangement would only become feasible after Israel goes to elections.

I don't see a world in which the states in question would be okay with the USA having a military presence in Palestine.
wat0n wrote:Simple, that would be a demilitarized area (except for the peacekeepers, of course) so agricultural activity could still continue.

So Palestinians would be able to walk right up to the wall and do whatever they want?

That would make it impossible to enforce security.
wat0n wrote:Changing the goalposts again, heh?

No, I am breaking it down into simple steps for you in order to teach you how security buffer zones work.

Yeah, I am pretty sure they wouldn't be able to walk and start shooting next to the border.

And how would they be prevented from doing so?
Pants-of-dog wrote:No, I am breaking it down into simple steps for you in order to teach you how security buffer zones work.

And I'm saying you don't know how they work when there are peacekeepers.

Pants-of-dog wrote:And how would they be prevented from doing so?

The peacekeeping force would be in charge of doing so. Because, you know, it's there to keep the peace.
wat0n wrote:And I'm saying you don't know how they work when there are peacekeepers.

The peacekeeping force would be in charge of doing so. Because, you know, it's there to keep the peace.

How would the peacekeepers do that?

Please be clear and specific in your answer.
wat0n wrote:Sure.

The peacekeeping force would have a monopoly on the legitimate bearing of firearms.

Such force would disarm those who are illegally bearing firearms.

So you would have soldiers physical stopping anyone from getting too close to the wall.

And the area they are not allowed to enter (since it is too close to the wall) is called what?
KurtFF8 wrote:What I'm saying is it isn't going to happen with regional support.

The only way that happens is if Israel green lights it and it's opposed by the rest of the region.

Regional support by whom?

You seem to believe the region is somehow united against Israel. In reality, neither Egypt, Jordan, Morocco nor the UAE have cut diplomatic relations with Israel.

They would demand this to be part of a road map for reaching a two-state solution, which is an entirely reasonable demand. It's a quid pro quo, and a reasonable one.

Of course, Iran and its bloc would be totally against it, but they wouldn't be able to stop it.

The Sunni-Shia conflict is far more important than whatever happens with Israel/Palestine.

Leftists have often and openly condemned the Octo[…]

Yes, It is illegal in the US if you do not declar[…]

Though you accuse many people ("leftists&quo[…]

Chimps are very strong too Ingliz. In terms of fo[…]