US Presidential election 2024 thread. - Page 33 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

skinster wrote:What does the fact that Russia is a capitalist state have to do with your incorrect understanding of the war in Ukraine? Do you know that the vast majority of the world outside of the West - which is about 22% of the world's population - support Russia in its war against imperialism in Ukraine, that they refused to impose sanctions on Russia when it entered Ukraine in 2022? AMLO refused too. Who or what taught you to hate Russia?

Lies.

United Nations General Assembly Resolution ES‑11/1 is a resolution of the eleventh emergency special session of the United Nations General Assembly, adopted on 2 March 2022. It deplored Russia's invasion of Ukraine and demanded a full withdrawal of Russian forces and a reversal of its decision to recognise the self-declared People's Republics of Donetsk and Luhansk.

The tenth paragraph of the United Nations General Assembly Resolution of 2 March 2022 confirmed the involvement of Belarus in unlawful use of force against Ukraine.

The resolution was sponsored by 96 countries, and passed with 141 voting in favour, 5 against, and 35 abstentions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Na ... on_ES-11/1
TorrentialRain wrote:What is inherently wrong with fascism?

I am against killing people because they disagree with the agenda. Fascists throughout humanity's political history do that consistently.

Argue against the video or present evidence that you do not have any problem sharing your nation with many other cultural Americans or people. Or are you again about racial purity and so on?

Take a stance.

Tainari88 wrote:

Bush Jr.

Junior is an idiot.

He was backed by the PNAC crowd, who thought war is the answer to every question. He was also led around by the nose by them.

The PNAC crowd is either retired, or they're singing a different tune. They had a lot to do with screwing things up in a way that made it possible for Trump to be a candidate. 50 years ago, a career crook that did business with Russia wouldn't have gotten the time of day.

The larger point is there is a new way of conducting foreign affairs. But half the time Republicans are running the circus, and not only do they not learn, they keep getting worse.
TorrentialRain wrote:What is the benefit in building democratic consensus?

Well for one thing it helps to generate a larger better informed perspective on things . But also it peaceable , good faith way to hold those in positions of power accountable to the the concerns of needs of the people . I feel that in order to have a strong , sound organization , and nation , there needs to be a healthy balance between democracy and a centralized chain of command . A democratic centralism , as it were . This video goes into more detail , as to what all I mean .

Rugoz wrote:Lies.

Did you have difficulty understanding that post? I showed a report written by two U.S. intel guys admitting that the vast majority of the world refused to join the West in sanctioning Russia over its entry in Ukraine to defend the people of Donbass.

A UN resolution opposing Russia entering the war does not contradict what I said. The vast majority of the world did not support sanctions on Russia.
skinster wrote:Did you have difficulty understanding that post? I showed a report written by two U.S. intel guys admitting that the vast majority of the world refused to join the West in sanctioning Russia over its entry in Ukraine to defend the people of Donbass.

A UN resolution opposing Russia entering the war does not contradict what I said. The vast majority of the world did not support sanctions on Russia.

:knife:

Nobody sanctioned the US for the war in Iraq, so presumably the entire world supported the war. :roll:

Countries pursue their own interests, that doesn't mean they support Russia's invasion.

(with the exception of China maybe, because China could probably stop the war by adopting Western sanctions)
Rugoz wrote::knife:

Nobody sanctioned the US for the war in Iraq, so presumably the entire world supported the war. :roll:

Countries pursue their own interests, that doesn't mean they support Russia's invasion.

(with the exception of China maybe, because China could probably stop the war by adopting Western sanctions)

Again, why are you arguing against what I said? I showed a report of two U.S. intel guys admitting that the world refuses to join the U.S. on sanctioning Russia for its entry into Ukraine in 2022. They reported 87% of the world refused to sanction Russia for it.

First you post a UN resolution that doesn't contradict what I said and now you're talking complete nonsense as though any state has ever sanctioned the U.S. empire anyway. I don't know if it is news to you, but the U.S. is the only state that sanctions since it runs the world economy. Or at least used to, until it's silly move in Ukraine in 2022. :excited:

And again with your silly argument. Me informing you that 87% of the world refused to punish Russia with sanctions because of its entry into Ukraine in 2022 doesn't mean they support the invasion and I never said that, but it also doesn't mean they opposed it.

My view on that front though, is they saw the U.S. provocations against Russia since 2014, were sick of all of the U.S. wars of the last twenty years and decided to say fuck off to the U.S. demands to sanction Russia...

HA, China and Russia are allies now. The U.S. made sure of that too...
Well here is how this is going to work Skinster. Just like this.

Unrest if growing on US campuses. Students are (correctly IMO) protesting the Israeli war crimes bordering on genocide. They think they will have an effect. They will. Here is what will happen. Take this to the fucking bank.

Students will get pissed at Biden for this mess. They will not vote for him. They will feed the Republican machine and Trump will be elected. He is FAR ahead in the polls.

Once elected Trump will cut off all aid to Gaza and lift sanctions against Russia. He will turn a blind eye to Israel's shenanigans in Gaza and give Israel a shit-ton of money to cover their expenses and they bury those who they have starved and bombed. He will cut off aid to Ukraine. So.

Russia will conquer Ukraine. You will be happy because you never saw a terrorist or despot you didn't like. Your characterization of the Russian invasion of a sovereign country as protecting the people of Donbass is idiotic. So I guess you are just trolling as you usually do. Or, and I never rule this out with far right wingers like yourself, just not smart enough to see what is going on. Israel will completely overrun Gaza and annex it.

The election of Trump will be the last gasp of democracy in the US. It will be even more completely ruled by oligarchs than it is now. If anything will give me satisfaction it will be seeing the far right tools, like yourself, coming to the realization that Trump, Putin, Hamas and their like, do not give one rats ass what a woman thinks, particularly one they see is so easily fooled as you are. They will count on the fact that you are so invested in your nonsense that you cannot extricate yourself from it. And they will own you forever. As long as you do not become an uppity woman you will do just fine in a world where the most powerful military ever seen is run by fundamentalist Christians who believe that you should remain "submissive to your husband in all things". (And the rich people who control the media that feeds their conservative downward spiral).

I guess I will do just fine. I am a white male, financially entitled, and just the darling of the right-wing. I am a republican after all. You? If your careful and do not get above yourself. You have a chance. Just barely. Just don't wear a hijab or spout your opinions in public. That is not where women belong anyway now is it. Stay home and cook for your man. He may just be kind to you.
The enemies of freedom are strong in this topic. Biden will win just and without a problem though in my opinion.
@Drlee

Unlike @JohnRawls I don't think America is a force for good.

I am hoping the mail-in ballots are fiddled, Biden is elected, and the MAGA crowd, with half the police and military behind them, go apeshit.

And then you'll be so distracted killing each other that you won't have the time to play with proxy wars for profit.

With any luck, both sides will be too busy tossing nukes at the other to bother.

:)

Reason for edit: The post was moved to save writing another.
The dark clouds and the forces of evil are gathering to subjugate and rip the wellbeing of people to shreds as usually and take their freedom away. What you don't understand @ingliz is that our basic foundation is more stronger and stable than you realise. At first it might look silly but its not. Even if Trump is elected then it probably will be painful but nothing major. But we will fight and we will prevail as we usually do by adapting and changing.
skinster wrote:First you post a UN resolution that doesn't contradict what I said and now you're talking complete nonsense as though any state has ever sanctioned the U.S. empire anyway. I don't know if it is news to you, but the U.S. is the only state that sanctions since it runs the world economy.

US companies have been sanctioned by other countries, and obviously the US is not the only country that sanctions. Silly.

It's a lot harder to sanction the US, that much is true. But it's the same self-interest at work. Russia is an important partner for those not willing to rely on Western weapons only. Russia is also an important exporter of resources.

skinster wrote:And again with your silly argument. Me informing you that 87% of the world refused to punish Russia with sanctions because of its entry into Ukraine in 2022 doesn't mean they support the invasion and I never said that, but it also doesn't mean they opposed it.

Demanding Russia's withdrawal in the UN is opposition.

Also, that 87% figure cannot be true.
Rugoz wrote:who want to see the world burn.

No, just America.

And I am not alone.

Although 70 percent of Americans say the relationship between Germany and America is good approximately the same percentage of Germans say it is bad.

Drlee wrote:...Russia will conquer Ukraine. You will be happy because you never saw a terrorist or despot you didn't like. ...

Victoria Nuland called.

She wants her ahistorical lies about Russia back.
ingliz wrote:No, just America.

And I am not alone.

Although 70 percent of Americans say the relationship between Germany and America is good approximately the same percentage of Germans say it is bad.

See, and that's why you are a jerk.

You are alone, nothing in that poll suggests otherwise. It was also made when Trump was president.
@Rugoz

Why does wanting America taken down a peg or two make me a jerk?

I could just as well say you are a creep for supporting the homicidal ambitions of a soon-to-be failed state.

:lol:
QatzelOk wrote:Victoria Nuland called.

She wants her ahistorical lies about Russia back.

Ukraine ain't Russia though. I thought you don't support imperialism and consumerism?
ingliz wrote:@Rugoz

Why does wanting America taken down a peg or two make me a jerk?

Wanting to see America burn doesn't make you a jerk, just a psycho or stupid edge lord.

What makes you a jerk is to post a link to a poll and pretend it proves you're "not alone" with your view, while it says nothing of the sort.

You have yet to prove they were executed.

So far, the authors of the COLUMBIA. bill are not […]

Would be boring without it though. Yes, the oth[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Do you think US soldiers would conduct such suici[…]