US Presidential election 2024 thread. - Page 26 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

wat0n wrote:Trump being on the ballot and losing is probably the best thing that could happen long term.

Assuming he loses. This was also said the first time around. Why do we have to do this yet again? Why do we need to afford an entitled bratty bitch of a traitor another chance?

Still, the idea that someone who tries to subvert a system and is afforded protections by the system, seem.... stupid. What I'm saying is, he should be in prison, not the on ballot.
Tainari88 wrote:Hi @Deutschmania I think Trump just might win the presidential election. If he does not? He will claim it was stolen and stage a coup and take over the government anyway.

How would Trump accomplish this? He doesn't have the support of the military.
Rancid wrote:Assuming he loses.

Still, the idea that someone who tries to subvert a system and is afforded protections by the system, seem.... stupid. What I'm saying is, he should be in prison, not the on ballot.

Let me paint you a scene from my three bedroom and two bath home in this neighborhood in Yucatan, Mexico. My husband is sitting in a big comfortable chair. He is listening to how many times like Teflon Trump has not gotten any real consequences for his behavior.

He says to himself in Spanish, '¿Puede ser el anticristo el Trump?' He has all the signs of being the Anti-Christ. 666 is burned into his skull under his combover. We know that nothing stops the anticristo.

Stephen King is convinced the dude is suspiciously like an Anti Christ.

Come on, you know the truth.
KurtFF8 wrote:How would Trump accomplish this? He doesn't have the support of the military.

Kurt, how many rank and file military, cops and so on are Trump voters? In those deep red states eh?

Think about the airtight evidence of a Stephen King Horror Novel scenario of a crazy politico who is over the top and taking over... :D
Rancid wrote:Assuming he loses. This was also said the first time around. Why do we have to do this yet again? Why do we need to afford an entitled bratty bitch of a traitor another chance?

He could still run, even from jail.

If Americans vote for him... Well, they can't complain if we have to deal with his nonsense again. Voters did not know what they were signing up for in 2016, they have a much better idea now.
wat0n wrote:He could still run, even from jail.

Felons in prison cannot vote. I think it's fair that they should not be able to run for office either.

wat0n wrote:Voters did not know what they were signing up for in 2016, they have a much better idea now.

They don't. These voters are still making excuses for him.
Rancid wrote:Felons in prison cannot vote. I think it's fair that they should not be able to run for office either.

No prisoner should be able to run, but the fact is that they can.

Rancid wrote:They don't. These voters are still making excuses for him.

Some do indeed, but if enough didn't like his administration he won't win. At least in the GOP, this was expressed by Haley's performance, which is a warning sign for Trump.
wat0n wrote:No prisoner should be able to run, but the fact is that they can.

Shows you how backwards America is.

wat0n wrote:Some do indeed, but if enough didn't like his administration he won't win. At least in the GOP, this was expressed by Haley's performance, which is a warning sign for Trump.

The fact that Trumps support isn't 0, shows you how stupid Americans are.
Rancid wrote:Shows you how backwards America is.

Meh, I think other developed countries also allow that.

Rancid wrote:The fact that Trumps support isn't 0, shows you how stupid Americans are.

But as long as those are a minority...
wat0n wrote:But as long as those are a minority...

In due time, the idiot will take over. There is a reason education continues to be made dysfunctional and under funded.
So with respect to support from the military.

I think ads around Trump questioning soldiers that died needs to played over and over for the Trump crowd. The one where he asked "what was in it for them?" referring to the dead soldiers. Also, how he called dead soldiers losers and suckers. The irony here is that the morons that support Trump are the first to claim the flag. The first to claim patriotism. The first to claim being honorable. Etc. etc. Yet, they support this guy. How much more brain dead can they be?

Anyway, I'm figuring out how much money to donate to fight Trump. I'm also trying to figure out if i just give a lump some, or spread my donations over a few weeks.
Did polls show Biden leads Trump before 2020 US presidential election?

Now polls show that Trump leads. Maybe Democrat voters realized that all fuss about Trump is meaningless. It is still Democrats win even Trump becomes president again. Trump is a typical Democrat on social and economic issues.

2020s is a very bad decade for conservatives. No conservative run for presidency.
Istanbuller wrote:
Maybe Democrat voters realized that all fuss about Trump is meaningless.

Emphatic no..

The only people that believe that have lost their grasp on reality, assuming they ever had one.
We focus a lot on Trump. However, recall there are a shit ton of down ballot races as well. The house/senate, as well as state government races.

One good news is that the GOP at various states levels are in financial trouble. The Michigan GOP's bank account is basically at $0. Hopefully we will see Trumpism smacked down, down the ballot even if the traitor wins the presidency. Render his government useless (this is good for Putin by the way, hence his bot machine to steer people towards Trump). I think MAGA morons don't understand how insidious Trump is to the Republican party. Worse, I think the spineless Republicans that go along with MAGA don't understand this either.

Also recall, Lara Trump has taken over the RNC's finances and has promised to use every single penny (yes, Americans call their 1 cent coin a penny for those of you that don't know) to get Trump elected. The part the MAGA morons are missing is that it means it will starve all other down ballot Republicans of funds for their campaigns. With Lara at he helm of the RNC finances, it means that the Michigan GOP will remain in financial trouble through the election.

So, a possible scenario is that Trump is elected but both the house and senate are lost to democrats. Also, it's possible that some state houses/senates flip to democrats as well. Also possible some governors flip.

Trump trying to destroy democracy may also have the side effect of destroying the Republican party. Or at least hobbling them for many election cycles.

Unions generally support Biden this time around (Auto Union, and even the Border Patrol Union). Hopefully all of this pulls through. Otherwise America is fucked.

I think the Trump supporters here are missing a lot of information, and/or focusing on 1, 2 specific things and not understanding the bigger picture. This is what creates supporters of a business fraud. Supporters of a traitor. Supporters of a grifter.

I am convinced that all Trump supporters, even those that casually support him, are basically lying to themselves, selfish, or just not really paying attention to what's at stake (the privileges they have enjoyed have led them to take everything for granted).

We need to kill Trumpism.
@Rancid

Re. Fani Willis

I read somewhere that a committee appoints a new prosecutor, and they can take as much time as they want. So if the election/racketeering case is delayed to near to or past the election, and Trump is or is the odds-on favourite to become President.

Can Florida or DC refuse to extradite a convicted felon?

p.s. I know he cannot pardon himself in a state case
ingliz wrote:@Rancid

Re. Fani Willis

I read somewhere that a committee appoints a new prosecutor, and they can take as much time as they want. So if the election/racketeering case is delayed to near to or past the election, and Trump is or is the odds-on favourite to become President.

Can Florida or DC refuse to extradite a convicted felon?

p.s. I know he cannot pardon himself in a state case

Let's say it played out that way. It would show how god damn stupid Americans are. I mean they have Trump on tape trying to violate the civil (voting) rights of Georgians, and yet, people are still going to vote for him? Shows you how fucking spinless these Trumpsters are. The worst kind of Americans. In any other era of politics, that audio would be the kiss of death to a political career. However, we have so many fucking entitled, bratty, and scared morons in this nation....... here we are.

Hilary was right, a bunch of deplorables.
The Presidential speech was an amazing victory for Biden and the Democrats, completely surpassing Liberals most optimistic expectations!

Joe Biden demonstrated convincingly, incontrovertibly and repeatedly that he is alive. Many pundits had questioned whether Joe Biden would indeed be able to convince Americans that he was still alive. But with the State of the Union address Biden passed the test with flying colours. Republican suggestions that Joe Biden is no longer alive have been shredded. Really what more does Joe Biden have to prove to show that he deserves another four and three quarter years in the White House?
Rich wrote:The Presidential speech was an amazing victory for Biden and the Democrats, completely surpassing Liberals most optimistic expectations!

Joe Biden demonstrated convincingly, incontrovertibly and repeatedly that he is alive. Many pundits had questioned whether Joe Biden would indeed be able to convince Americans that he was still alive. But with the State of the Union address Biden passed the test with flying colours. Republican suggestions that Joe Biden is no longer alive have been shredded. Really what more does Joe Biden have to prove to show that he deserves another four and three quarter years in the White House?

He is alive. And Kamala Harris is there waiting in the wings if something should befall the old white guy. She is there, ready to become the first liberal type woman of color to be a President. Surpassing Hillary and all the white women who always wanted to get there first!!

That Kamala is such a partisan hack bootlicker stoogie. I really do not trust or like her at all. She is just the worst of liberalism all wrapped up in one bad package.

You made me laugh hard with this. I did not find Biden's speech especially passionate or compelling. I do not know why liberal mainstream media applauds these nonsense politically biased speeches? They bore me to tears Rich. What do they do for you I wonder? :lol:

This comment made me laugh and smile for a while.
Tainari88 wrote:
You made me laugh hard with this. I did not find Biden's speech especially passionate or compelling. I do not know why liberal mainstream media applauds these nonsense politically biased speeches? They bore me to tears Rich.

One of the things you don't understand is American politics.

Republicans have long relied on character attacks, and a number of candidates have lost largely due to them.

Yes, political speeches are boring. I never watch them, I watch the commentary with excerpts. But it wasn't hard to see that Biden has exceeded expectations.

He looked so much better than Trump; there is no contest. That can change, but for right now, all those Right wing digs at Biden have been shown to be lies. It gets worse if you compare him to Trump.

Republicans have been in a losing streak, they need to damage Biden badly, and they failed utterly. The Republican response to the speech made things even worse.

Dems had a very good night...
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

I have never been wacko at anything. I never thou[…]

I think a Palestinian state has to be demilitariz[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]