OMG! War May Start Today! - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By Papergut
I am now watching the news on RTR and they just said that war my start this night!!! Leaders of USA, UK and Spain are meeting today in Portugal and they have just decided not to propose their own resolution on Iraq "because it is useless", as the Spanish said. So, are they going to invade Iraq without UN sanctions? And it was just told that Saddam Hussein switched to a martial law in Iraq, Iraqi take rifles at their hands! Sokath, don?t move or delete this post please!

[sokath edit: I won't delte or move it, I think it's important too, I'll just include a link ;) ]

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/03/ ... index.html
Last edited by Papergut on 16 Mar 2003 17:48, edited 1 time in total.
By Papergut
ITAR-TASS agent in Madrid told that on the meeting of USA, UK and Spain there will be two declarations: one is unimportant but the other says that "THE MILITARY OPERATION CAN START WITHOUT ANY ADDITIONAL RESOLUTIONS OF THE UN, BECAUSE THAT RESOLUTION (number 1441) ALREADY EXISTS, IT WAS APPROVED BY THE UN AND BROKEN BY IRAQ".
By KurtFF8
true they allready have un authority (1441)
By Comrade Junichi
I was watching Blair speak, for about 5 minutes, then I got bored and turned it off.

Is this a suprise to you? It was going to happen, and it's going to happen soon.
By Sapper
As much as I am opposed to the invasion of Iraq, I think that we all need to stop protesting when the war starts and start supporting our soldiers. There is no going back; it is not a question of whether to go to war, but just when.

Anybody can see that no matter what we're going to invade, protesting is useless; sabotage & assination is treason.

I think that America needs to decide whether they'll go to war or not, not France, not the U.N., but America's (mostly) elected leaders... even though Bush is a complete moron.

~Sapper
By C-Kokos
Sapper46123 wrote:As much as I am opposed to the invasion of Iraq, I think that we all need to stop protesting when the war starts and start supporting our soldiers. There is no going back; it is not a question of whether to go to war, but just when.

Anybody can see that no matter what we're going to invade, protesting is useless; sabotage & assination is treason.

I think that America needs to decide whether they'll go to war or not, not France, not the U.N., but America's (mostly) elected leaders... even though Bush is a complete moron.

~Sapper

Nationalist-Patriotic bullshit. Yeah treason rulez, sabotage the bastards :evil:
By Deicidus
People protesting in the streets, as noble as it is, is useless. Do you think Bush gives a fuck about puplic oppinion. Do you think he cares about the UN decision ? Bush will go to war, the problem is, what will the world do about it. Nothing. They'll yell at the goverment. So what.

The americans didnt widtrew out of Nam because of public oppinion but because they got their ass kicked. Nobody can stop the biggest more powerfull military force with words. They'll go agaisnt the UN and after that? Do they think that everything will go back to normal after the war. They'll spit at the UN's face and after that, it's forgive and forget or something. If really war is going on, we can try everything we can to at least slow it down or to stop it as soon as we can. Yelling dodnt bother Bush and his gun corporate friends. If not a revolution, a revolt is needed.
By Cloud14044
"Baby," just watch. Once we win this war, no one will care and everyone will think the war was fine. And once this economy comes around, we'll be fine in terms of war costs. Besides, that idiot Clinton taxed us to death so much that we won't have to worry about gov't bankruptcy for a loooong time. :lol:
By Siberian Fox
"Baby," just watch. Once we win this war, no one will care and everyone will think the war was fine. And once this economy comes around, we'll be fine in terms of war costs. Besides, that idiot Clinton taxed us to death so much that we won't have to worry about gov't bankruptcy for a loooong time.

'Daddy' bush lost the election after the first gulf war because war make the economy worse not better. Bush Jr. will lose the next presidential election for the same reason. Bill Clinton far from making the government bankrupt balenced the books after the huge deficit built up by Reagan and Bush Sr. That is why he needed to raise taxes. The US economy was in much better shape after than before Clinton.
By Cloud14044
The economy goes in cycles. If we had Gore in office right now, the economy would still be doing bad. Very little has much to do with who is president.
By Cloud14044
Sapper46123 wrote:I think that America needs to decide whether they'll go to war or not, not France, not the U.N., but America's (mostly) elected leaders... even though Bush is a complete moron.

Sapp, WTF is wrong with you? Of course we're going to war! We've decided already. The only 2 reasons France doesn't want to war is:
1. They Supplied Hussein with Weapons and doesn't want the UN to find out
2. Jacques Chiraque (SP) is great friends with Saddam himself!
By Cloud14044
Siberian Fox wrote:What George Bush has done is make the situation far worse than it should be.

Perhaps, but you could bet that if Gore was in office, the Media would be blaming it all on Gore. Believe it or not, the economy hs started to make a turnaround. the Stock market was up most of February. :eh:
By Muselmane
Cloud14044 wrote:
Sapper46123 wrote:I think that America needs to decide whether they'll go to war or not, not France, not the U.N., but America's (mostly) elected leaders... even though Bush is a complete moron.

Sapp, WTF is wrong with you? Of course we're going to war! We've decided already. The only 2 reasons France doesn't want to war is:
1. They Supplied Hussein with Weapons and doesn't want the UN to find out
2. Jacques Chiraque (SP) is great friends with Saddam himself!

Sarcasm at its best :muha1:
By TUC
Either Gorgy and his suckers will get their resolution tomorow or they will bomb. I believe Tuesday the bombs will fly.
By Gothmog
The americans didnt widtrew out of Nam because of public oppinion but because they got their ass kicked. Nobody can stop the biggest more powerfull military force with words. They'll go agaisnt the UN and after that? Do they think that everything will go back to normal after the war. They'll spit at the UN's face and after that, it's forgive and forget or something. If really war is going on, we can try everything we can to at least slow it down or to stop it as soon as we can. Yelling dodnt bother Bush and his gun corporate friends. If not a revolution, a revolt is needed.[/quote]

-Maybe there are other alternatives. A boycott would be a wonderful idea
http://adbusters.org
-I see no other way to hit the evil empire....
By Vassili Zaitsev
And Iraq is defiant as hell against America, I wonder what Ace Saddam has up his sleeve.

wat0n , I think I found a quote that might help b[…]

@FiveofSwords I feel like your brand of racism i[…]

It actually would be good for Europe because th[…]

You were asked to find where in that is the text […]