German official calls to discriminate other EU nations - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By stannis
Shade, you had better have a good explanation for that picture you put up, since it doesn't constitute an argument. You're acting like a child.

I suppose the Frankfurter Allgemeine is a Nazi-sympathising paper, is it, Soron?
By soron
About as sympathetic as the London Times would be: conservative, but without appreciation for any extremist views.

I have no idea why Shade2 used the FAZ as an example ... possibly because it can be bought all over Germany, not just Frankfurt.
By stannis
I know, I was being sarcastic. Shade seems to think that all Germans are Nazis out to conquer the world.
By soron
Why, YES but we're sneakier and cleverer than that now: We made the US talk Poland into sending troops to Iraq so we don't need to send our own :lol:
By stannis
Oh you naughty Germans... no wonder you didn't send yuor boys to Iraq... you were getting ready to invade Poland. :p
By Shade2
About as sympathetic as the London Times would be: conservative, but without appreciation for any extremist views.

Funny how you didn't read your own link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurte ... ne_Zeitung
However, besides the Süddeutsche Zeitung the FAZ is leading among Germany's quality newspaper in providing a forum for individuals (such as Ernst Nolte) who have come under fire for promoting theories that are seen by some as expressing nationalist and revisionist theories and are in this function frequently featured in neo-fascist publications.
By stannis
Funny how you didn't read your own link

Funny how you ignore people's posts when you back yourself into an argument you can't win. But that's right, run away.
By Beren
Shade2 wrote: Really ? I don't recall Germany ever paying 540 billion Euro of war reperations.

And Europe would be much better of if Germany and its Axis allies like Hungary wouldn't ravage it in WW2.

I think you should discuss these with someone else in the History forum.

European economy goes around thanks to USA, not Germany.

The Chinese and the Japanese economies go around thanks to the USA even more than the European one, which cannot accelerate because of the social and economic endoproblems of Germany (and France).

Germany is full of arrogant nationalism, the belief that they are better then the rest of the world.

However, you rather seem to be full of arrogant nationalism, than Verheugen. :hmm:
Or something smells like inferiority complex here? :?:
Most probably it's archaic bias and/or hatred. :roll:
Last edited by Beren on 05 Jan 2007 15:43, edited 2 times in total.
By Shade2
Funny how you ignore people's posts when you back yourself into an argument you can't win.

I already won.

But that's right, run away.

Yawn...
By stannis
I already won.

No you didn't, try again. You ignored the comments I made, proving that you were afraid to argue. So I doubt you 'won' at all. Plus, you didn't explain the picture you put up.
Last edited by stannis on 05 Jan 2007 15:45, edited 1 time in total.
By Shade2
Like I said I already won, since soron contradicted himself, the link he gave mentioned extremist views that he claimed were non-existant. As to rest-find another victim, I am not interested in flaming with you.

However, you rather seem to be full of arrogant nationalism

Where ? Point to any sentence where I claimed Poland is superior etc.

Or something smells like inferiority complex here? Confused
Most probably it's archaic bias and/or hatred. Roll eyes

I am sure there is little "bias" towards Germany in Hungary, its former Axis ally, and Hungary feels much better about potential German leadership, knowing and historically prospering from it.
By stannis
As to rest-find another victim, I am not interested in flaming with you.

It takes two to tango. I was not 'flaming', and you are now clearly afraid of responding to the points I made earlier. Plus, you haven't had the maturity to explain the picture you put up in response to my earlier post (instead of an actual argument).
By Shade2
Like I said, find another victim.
By Beren
Hungary feels much better about potential German leadership, knowing and historically prospering from it.

We lost two wars on Germany's side, which can hardly mean prosperity.
However, Germans can organize and work pretty well, so some German leadership can mean some good for Europe. In this specific example the German Verheugen is right: we should rethink the structure of the EC.
By soron
Funny how you didn't read your own link:

Funny how you forgot to quote the next sentence:

In recent times, the FAZ has tended more towards the center-right, becoming the foremost forum for promoting a more confident German patriotism, and at times arguing against critics of the 2003 Invasion of Iraq.

Besides, considering your opinions I think you might actually like Ernst Nolte. He was pretty anti-Russian.

Nolte’s critics have frequently charged him with having neo-Nazi and anti-Semitic sympathies. Nolte has always vehemently denied these charges, and has insisted that he is a neo-liberal in his politics.
By Shade2

Funny how you forgot to quote the next sentence:

"Confident German patriotism"-nice euphamism for nationalism and return of hatred against Poles in Germany.

Nolte has always vehemently denied these charges, and has insisted that he is a neo-liberal in his politics.

I would be surprised if he wouldn't "deny".

We lost two wars on Germany's side, which can hardly mean prosperity.

Yes, but you tried to win on Germany's side, which can hardly mean anger at Germany, rather then at Germany failure to achieve its goals.

However, Germans can organize and work pretty well, so some German leadership can mean some good for Europe.

We have known German leadership for 200 years and it brought nothing but terror, murder, torture and discrimination.

In this specific example the German Verheugen is right: we should rethink the structure of the EC.

I am not surprised at the acceptence of German hegomony from former Axis members.
By Beren
Shade2 wrote:

Beren wrote: In this specific example the German Verheugen is right: we should rethink the structure of the EC.

I am not surprised at the acceptence of German hegomony from former Axis members.

It's all history already, man! :peace:
By Shade2
It's all history already, man! Peace man

Tell that the next time Bundestag appoints milions of euros on attempts to portay Germans as victims of WW2. It should be next year, as usuall.
By stannis
Like I said, find another victim.

Like I said, you've lost the argument and are afraid to make any proper responses. Ah, poor Shade, the perpetual 'victim' (of his own prejudices).

You are already in one. He says his race is being[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Most of us non- white men have found a different […]

Fake, it's reinvestment in communities attacked on[…]

It is not an erosion of democracy to point out hi[…]