Ok ... this is crazy ... - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By Boondock Saint
Geez ... even on this? I can understand why people might second guess CNN when it comes to international news but this?
By uglygoat
Here is a Toronto newspapers report.
This is an Associated Press Report of the same incident.

i'm sure we could dig up local papers/news shows to verify, or we could call the hospital in utah and ask them... ;)
By Demosthenes
oh for gawd sake are you telling me you really think they'd make this up? why? what does cnn possibly gain by making this story up? Publicity? I know your skeptical but... this has been reported in several sourses. Oh well if you dont believe I gues you just don't believe...
By sokath
Man, that guy is fucking HARDCORE!!! That's intense. :eek: WOW! With a pocketknife.... that would involve sawing through bone! Can you imagine that? That's amazing.... I'm shocked

S./
By uglygoat
i would most certianly wet myself. course i'd also put forth that i'm in no shape to go hiking in the mountains. but he laid there for a few days, then decided to cut his arm off... :knife:
By Tigerlily
sokath wrote:... WOW! With a pocketknife.... that would involve sawing through bone! ...

I know I know. That's what making me think it's not exactly as what it seems. It's an over exaggeration. Journalists write about what they think is important.

Most likely...no, I'm certain...they left some stuff out.
By jaakko
baby_n1 wrote:
sokath wrote:... WOW! With a pocketknife.... that would involve sawing through bone! ...

I know I know. That's what making me think it's not exactly as what it seems. It's an over exaggeration. Journalists write about what they think is important.

Most likely...no, I'm certain...they left some stuff out.

Could it be that the rock had already almost cut his hand? In any case, I'd assume he didn't saw through bone, but cut between the bones just below the elbow joint.
By Demosthenes
Ok, now I understand why you were skeptical, I had heard from another news sourse that he cut between the bones... Sorry for chewin ya out baby
By Proctor
I saw a thing like this on *lowers voice* Sally */voice* about a guy who did the same thing. There was a psychologist who reckoned that anyone could do that if they were in a similar situation. I remember thinking to my self, "You've got to be shitting me!" There is no way in hell I could cut off my own arm.
By Boondock Saint
Oh .... I see ... so he cut between the bones and not through the bones ... well thats makes all the difference in the world. Here I was thinking the guy cut HIS OWN FUCKING ARM OFF!!

What the feck do I care if he cut between, around or through the fucking bone ... the point is HE CUT IT OFF!!!
By KurtFF8
why would cnn just randomly make up that story...wait dont answer that lol
By Mr. Smith
If it's a situation of life or death my arm has to go :lol:
By Proctor
I saw this on the news just the other night. No, he didn't saw through the bone, but he didn't cut at the wrist either. Realising that his blunt pocket knife wouldn't even make a dent in the bone, he maneuvered his arm in such a way as to break both the bones in his forearm; one at a time.

:eek: Ouch.
By Sweeper
I heard this story, Doing it like that, well I sure would not...
Man! Enough of this...
*Presses post button and quickly leaves the topic*
By KurtFF8
that guy is a hardcore mother fucker, man, what a brave dude

@late Oh my. Were you a lady killer, exciting al[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Assuming it's true. What a jackass. It's like tho[…]

Wishing Georgia and Georgians success as they seek[…]

@FiveofSwords Bamshad et al. (2004) showed, […]