Trouble in the Solomons - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By Proctor
Teletext wrote:Parliament too pricey for Solomons
The Solomon Islands will only be able to convene parliament once this year due to financial woes.
Prime Minister Allan Kemekeza's office said in a statement that parliament has been suspended until November.
"Taking into account the Government's poor financial position it is not possible to hold more than one meeting of the national parliament this year, even if the Kemekeza government would very much like to do so," said the statement.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
When we're done laughing, lets take a moment to think, what could screw a nation over so bad that they can't afford to run their own Parliament? I don't know too much about the Solomon's, but if I remember rightly they owe the World Bank more per head than any other nation in the world.
By Carlos
Nah... The Solomon Islands were hit by an hurricane early this year... The poppulation got into caves for protection and most of the country's infraestructure was destroyed...
By Proctor
Yeah, they did get hit by a hurricane, but thats almost commonplace in the South Pacific. The problem runs a lot deeper than that.
By Proctor
I hate writing two posts in a row, but I'll make an exception just this once.

A missionary was recently beheaded in the Solomons. You have to wonder when people start chopping heads off men of peace...

All banks in the Solomons have been closed, crippling the alread screwed economy. This was after an ANZ branch was threatened with a terrorist attack.

All in all, not a nice place to be at the moment.
By Proctor
Teletext wrote:Refugees tell of Solomons horror
Refugees were beginning to arrive in the Solomon Islands capital Honiara today with horror stories about the activites of a warlord controlling their remote area, state-owned Solomon Islands Broadcasting Corporation (SIBC) reported.
A former policeman, Harold Keke, has led an unknown sized group of people on a rampage on the main island of Guadalcanal and in the last year has killed 50 people. He claims to have personally executed a cabinet minister who has not been seen since.

No one would be arrested if protesters did not dis[…]

Nope! Yep! Who claimed they were? What predat[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

It seems a critical moment in the conflict just ha[…]

The Crimean Tatar people's steadfast struggle agai[…]