Israel threatens Iran with direct aggression - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By Gletkin
My mistake. It's Barak.

Still, I'm not sure the Foreign and Defense Ministries would appreciate the Minister of Transport shooting his mouth off about bombing another country. Even if he is a former MOD himself. Barak and Livni might be smoothing ruffled feathers even as we speak, assuring people that no, Israel's not about to bomb Iran (yet anyway).

If Mofaz wants to rattle a saber against someone, he should stick to the Palestinians. Since most of the roads in the territories are still under Israeli control that might actually be part of his turf.
By Nets
Mofaz is campaigning, that's all this is.

Barak and Livni might be smoothing ruffled feathers even as we speak, assuring people that no, Israel's not about to bomb Iran (yet anyway).

I dunno, they probably hold the same views.
By Private
I dont think people understand the "reasoning" behind Israel's threats. See it like the danish cartoons. The main idea is to provoke a reaction. As with the cartoon they wanted a terrosist reaction from Islamists to keep the "WOT" rollin. In this case Israeli's want Mahmood to speak out ill of Israel, possibly a hot-headed reaction; such as "wiping Israel off the map". Then taking his misquote, they'll run to Mr Bush and say; "bomb bomb bomb Iran, go kill 'em for us" we have 'evidence' of another holocaust.
By sazerac
Is your sarcasm implying the Iranians are "big" while "USA/Israel" is "poor"?

I was making fun of people who try to defend Iran.
By Gletkin
Nets wrote:I dunno, they probably hold the same views.

Even so, departmental bickering. "I'm perfectly capable of doing my job, your 'help' isn't needed" and all that.

Nets wrote:Mofaz is campaigning, that's all this is.

When's the next election?
By Grunch
I dont remember you commenting like that about what Iran said.

I didn't have to. Iran's inflammatory rhetoric has been from all sides of the political spectrum. Israel, however, seems to enjoy a strange carte blanche.
By Donna
Private, with little political insight, wrote:I dont think people understand the "reasoning" behind Israel's threats. See it like the danish cartoons. The main idea is to provoke a reaction. As with the cartoon they wanted a terrosist reaction from Islamists to keep the "WOT" rollin. In this case Israeli's want Mahmood to speak out ill of Israel, possibly a hot-headed reaction; such as "wiping Israel off the map". Then taking his misquote, they'll run to Mr Bush and say; "bomb bomb bomb Iran, go kill 'em for us" we have 'evidence' of another holocaust.

U.S. and Israeli relations, fortunately, did not originate on the playground at recess.
By DemonicRage
Israel will just get the USA to do its dirty work...
Unemployment will be fixed.... the draft will be back.

Notice that Blackwater are expanding.

Rome and the Byzantines both fell over becase they employed too many mercenaries to do their work.... The USA is close to the end of the road .. and so is Israel..
By War Angel
* Israel launches Air strike against Iranian Nuc sites. With high casualties Israel manages to cripple many sites, which sets back Irans Nuclear ambitions but doesnt fully destroy it.

* Iran retaliates with Long range Rocket(No WMD based on your preconditions Priv) attack against Israel which hits many civilian areas. At the same time they activate their proxies in Lebanon who immediately start katyusha attacks against North Israel again hitting mostly civilian targets.

* Israel launches immediate preplanned assault against Hezbollah learning from 2006 they do not rely on Airpower and Artillery alone and invade with full combined force cutting many Hexbollah Units south of the Litani while crippling communications, and infarstructure around Lebanon.
At the same time elements of Israeli Special forces and paratroopers in concert with local Christian Militias try to cut the head of Hezbollah in the North.

*In Gaza Hamas launches a preplanned coordinated mass suicide attacks and Qassam rockets into Israel.

*Israel retaliates and invades Gaza leading to intence urban fighting.

*Israel Launches second Air wave against Iran attacking Soft infarstructure sites supplying the Long Range rocket sites including communications, Roads, Bridges, Fuel sites etc.

*Gaza is taken over by the IDF and put under curfew

*UN calls for a cease-fire after backroom negotitions an agreement is reached between Iran and Israel.

*Soon after Hezbollah calls for a cease fire but the Sunni groups and other players in Lebanon take this chance to finish Hezbollah off as a serious player.

:roll: Way to make things complicated, Oxymoron!

Here's what will happen:

Iran will piss Israel off. Israel will send Ehud Barak, current defence minister and former professional arse-kicking commando, to Iran. Ehus Barak will then anally violate the little Persian midget, spit on his back, cream in his face, slap 'em, and won't call the next day.

Ahmadinajad will be heart-broken, yet completely aroused, and will be so busy with getting back with Barak, that he won't have time to piss us off anymore.

.. or something like that. :eek:

And on-topic - boo-fucking-hoo. I agree, Mofaz should keep his mouth shut on these matters, realise he's no longer in any position of real power (and thank God for that), and start to making transport better 'round here. Hey, Mofazy-boy, how 'bout public transportation on week-ends?!
By Maas
Iran always can dump nuclear waste by way of a missle or 2 into Jeruzalem when it gets attacked and take away all them glorious foughts about how to put Iran into submission. It can keep on doing that untill nobody can say they actually won that war.
By DemonicRage
War Angel...

Olmert ,Barak or whoever it doesnt make a difference...
Time is not on Israels side.

The world economic weakness and the worlds reliance on oil will serve to accelarate Israels demise..
By sazerac
The world economic weakness and the worlds reliance on oil will serve to accelarate Israels demise..

Maybe when we start invading the oil states because of unacceptable oil costs it will serve to accelerate Iran's demise.
By Mike Powell
When the leader of Iran continues advocating Israels destruction I think that its a valid statement.

Every country got their right to defend themselves when been attacked.

However, Israel also need to know that her enemy is not only Iran. Syria and Lebanon (Hezbollah) too eager to return some of their paybacks to Israel as well.

Therefore, the best way right now Israel should do is to have excellent defensive network, both weapons and policies. Because in moral sense, those to resorted to defensive strategy are less likely to be condemn. And those who resorted offensive strategy will consume by the fire they started in the end (just look at Hitler and Imperial Japan).
By canchin
So...what the Israeli politician is saying then is that Iran needs nukes for protection?

Guess it's time for Iran to get off the pot, use some of their oil money and buy some nukes from Russia or Pakistan, announce they have them already loaded on some of their rockets and pointed in a South-westerly direction.

Seems a bit foolish of the Israeli politician...or of the media hacks that decided it was something "people want to know."

Telegraphing a planned move is not a wise thing to do. Israel is so protected that all they have to do is just...do it. Nobody can touch them since they are so protected so rather than talk about it...
By PBVBROOK
Time to just realize that much of Iran's problems is that it is a regime that uses hate to hold on to power.

My greatest fear is that the pea-brains that are running Iran make the same mistake Saddam did. To put it bluntly; Israel is not fucking around. And until Obama became the heir appearant neither was the US. But lest Iran breath easily....

Hell hath no fury like a liberal scorned.
By Maas
My greatest fear is that the pea-brains that are running Iran make the same mistake Saddam did. To put it bluntly; Israel is not fucking around. And until Obama became the heir appearant neither was the US. But lest Iran breath easily....

What's saddams mistake?
People were still looking for nuclear activity in the country just 1 month before the war started. They had to leave head over heals. The evidence the CIA came up with wasn't chared with those inspectors to check it out. How could they check it out, it was all made up.

I think it's time to realise there are a lot more regimes. Some, like North Korea, got nukes. North Korea... anybody? Anybody? We had big words about attacking them once to prevent them nuke abbilities. But it's all silent now.

It's the time to realise that we're having a "mine is bigger than yours and I want to keep it that way"-argument. As in Israel hating it to not be the local superpower. Exactly who is in charge in Iran is made to an excuse. We're still doing business with them as in buying their resources. :lol:
By DemonicRage
Maybe when we start invading the oil states because of unacceptable oil costs it will serve to accelerate Iran's demise.

I thought thats part of what started the USA's demise...

Part was backing Israels agendas and invading oil states,...

The US cant even control Iraq...how will it ever control "oil states"...

Dreaming if you dont think Iran has all the aces up its sleeve.

First... can you tell me how America will get oil out of the straits if it attacks Iran??

I mean is it a case of just giving the USA a spade and it will happily dig its own grave??

It seems like thats the American psyche...

First it attacked Iraq with catastrophic repercussions and then it thinks it will move on to a much better prepared Iran??? :knife:
By RonPaulalways
It's funny how all of Ahmedinejad's comments are twisted in the most extreme manner to construe a direct threat (e.g. turning "the regime occupying Jerusalem will one day vanish, the same way the USSR vanished" to "Iran is going to wipe Israel off the map!"), whereas Israel makes actual direct threats of attacking another nation.
By sazerac
It's funny how all of Ahmedinejad's comments are twisted in the most extreme manner

Oh BOO HOO! Poor misunderstood Iran!

Maybe they should try minding their own damn business and see if that helps at all.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Also, the evacuation of Rafah has not started. De[…]

@Deutschmania Not if 70% are American and 70% […]

"Five years later, Ms. Pelosi has stepped dow[…]

The interesting thing about the police repression […]