Israel threatens Iran with direct aggression - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By War Angel
If there's need for one regime to be destroyed in the interests of peace it is Israel.

Of-course. No Jews, no problem, right? Makes sense. :)
By Maxim Litvinov
And right on queue, War Angel wheels out the ol' "Anti-Semite" chestnut.

Got any other more nonsense for us while you're at it?
By Private
Most of the sillyness mentioned could be easily debunked

Those are irrefutable facts and cannot be 'debunked'. You're welcome to have a go and make yourself look foolish. :)

Ahmedinajad never said anything about the destruction of Israel for instance, it's all a translation mistake.

That is correct. Iran's foreign minister has even clarified your mistranslations-

"Iran denies wanting to "wipe Israel off the map"

http://www.boston.com/news/world/europe ... f_the_map/
By DemonicRage
Yeah unfortunately ISrael is a mistake Ter,.and the time is soon close for the "fat to be cut"...

The world cant function with Israel its a massive distraction to world stability and security.

Cant go on for too much longer...

Maybe it should be moved to Arkansas... just as football teams get moved from one place to the next so should Israel...

After all Israelis have no problem moving on Palestinians to Jordan or Lebanon or Egypt...

Arkansas is a great place for Israel...friendly neighbours... plenty of water...
Arkansas it should be...

Its ust a pain having it where it is... its central to so much which is bad in the world today..

Plus lots of space for settlements
By Oxymoron
Iran will piss Israel off. Israel will send Ehud Barak, current defence minister and former professional arse-kicking commando, to Iran. Ehus Barak will then anally violate the little Persian midget, spit on his back, cream in his face, slap 'em, and won't call the next day.

:lol: Ehud and 300 "BodyGuards" will go for a walk.

So basically from the shitstorm which is this thread, Irans leader says he wants to wipe Israel of the map thats A OK but a has-been Israeli politician says Israel would never let that happen and Israel is the war monger. :lol:
By PBVBROOK
The vehemence of the posts agaist Israel argue for far more than simple political opposition. I guess Europe hasn't changed much in the last century after all.
By canchin
PBVBROOK wrote:I don't think many of us feel that we are Israeli proxies at all.

I actually said that Israel was America's proxy rather than the configuration you wrote.

America is Israel's protector in the U.N., but Israel is America's proxy in the region; allowing various excuses for American political and physical aggression in the region.

That has to do with Iran's aggressive actions and idiotic rhetoric.

Can you explain what aggressive actions? I have not heard of Iran attacking others in the region since the Iran/Iraq war. I am not aware of Iran - to be fair here, I should say "openly" since there is the unproven allegation and speculation that Iran is involved on Iraq's side against the COW invasion of Iraq - attacking it's neighbors in the region, killing innocents in other countries in the region, launching military attacks against other countries in the region, so the "aggressive actions" is unclear. Seeking nuclear power - or even seeking nuclear weapon capability is not aggressive - it is protective...at least, that's the line all the other countries with nuclear weapons follow as regards their nuclear weapons.

The "idiotic rhetoric" point...viewed from the vantage point of whom, or perhaps, which other country?

My concern for Americans is that since they have pledged - and pay handsomely for the "honor" of making such a pledge - to protect Israel against all comers, and since Israel could never defeat the Persians without outside help should a full-blown war develop...which it will if Israel does bomb the Persians and ends up killing innocent people...then American soldiers will be drawn into the fight, and unless this is the plan of the PNAC-controlled Bush Regime, it would appear to me that Israel is putting American's in danger of dying - regardless of number, some will die - just because some braindead politico of the proxy forgot his Prozac on the day.

If Israel can somehow destroy a building without injuring anyone it may be a different story as far as full-blown war, but that is a debatable result of any attack.
By Ter
Canchin:
Can you explain what aggressive actions? I have not heard of Iran attacking others in the region since the Iran/Iraq war.

Iran supports several terrorist organisations including Hetzbollah and Hamas almost openly by providing training, weapons, funds and therefore controls them as proxies. Iran is behind several terrorist atrocities including the bombing of the Jewish cultural centre in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

To be honest, it was Iraq that was the aggressor in the war with Iran.

Ter
By Maas
To be honest, it was Iraq that was the aggressor in the war with Iran.

It was the west that openly supported Saddam's Iraq in those days. It also was the west that openly supported a ruthless dictator in Iran once. All in the name of geopolitics.

A heck of a lot of people died more because we wanted to controle the region in the past compared to how much dammage Hezbollah has done. Mind you.. them Iraqi's used chemicals on Iran, and we we're overjoyed a couple of decades ago. Them survivers are still alive over there with quiet a lot of resentment.
By War Angel
And right on queue, War Angel wheels out the ol' "Anti-Semite" chestnut.

Got any other more nonsense for us while you're at it?

Ahh, but did I ever call you an anti-Semite? Granted, you just said you want a few millions of Jews dead (and those are just those in Israel) and the destruction of their nation-state... and if that's not hatred of Jews, then what is?

But hey, I'm not bothered. You're all talk, no walk. Ever thought of joining a nice, cozy terrorist organisation, though? I hear they're working for the same cause you believe in. :)
By canchin
Ter:
Iran supports several terrorist organisations including Hetzbollah and Hamas almost openly by providing training, weapons, funds and therefore controls them as proxies. Iran is behind several terrorist atrocities including the bombing of the Jewish cultural centre in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

I see, so Iran's support of Iran's allies through training, weapons, and funds, against the entity those allies view as the enemy, that is defined as "aggressive."

How then is American support of the American ally Israel, through training, weapons, and funds of and to the American ally Israel, defined?

As to:
Iran is behind several terrorist atrocities including the bombing of the Jewish Cultural Centre in Buenos Aires, Argentina

I found a rather long - too long to post the whole thing but the full article can be found at The Nation website, among others, - but I do have some excerpts from the piece that seem to indicate that there is no proof that Iran was involved.

"This propaganda campaign depends heavily on a decision last November by the General Assembly of Interpol, which voted to put five former Iranian officials and a Hezbollah leader on the international police organization's "red list" for allegedly having planned the July 1994 bombing. But the Wall Street Journal reports that it was pressure from the Bush Administration, along with Israeli and Argentine diplomats, that secured the Interpol vote. In fact, the Bush Administration's manipulation of the Argentine bombing case is perfectly in line with its long practice of using distorting and manufactured evidence to build a case against its geopolitical enemies.

After spending several months interviewing officials at the US Embassy in Buenos Aires familiar with the Argentine investigation, the head of the FBI team that assisted it and the most knowledgeable independent Argentine investigator of the case, I found that no real evidence has ever been found to implicate Iran in the bombing. Based on these interviews and the documentary record of the investigation, it is impossible to avoid the conclusion that the case against Iran over the AMIA bombing has been driven from the beginning by US enmity toward Iran, not by a desire to find the real perpetrators."
========
"William Brencick, then chief of the political section at the US Embassy in Buenos Aires and the primary Embassy contact for the investigation, recalled in an interview with me last June that a "wall of assumptions" guided the US approach to the case. The primary assumptions, Brencick said, were that the explosion was a suicide bombing and that use of a suicide bomb was prima facie evidence of involvement by Hezbollah--and therefore Iran."

There is a long section next, disputing and discrediting the idea of a "suicide bombing" that concludes with this:
"Yet despite the lack of eyewitness testimony and the weakness of the forensic evidence, the State Department publicly embraced the suicide-bomb story in 1994 and 1995."

Then, there is this:
"The Problem of Motive

Independent investigators have also long puzzled over why Iran would have carried out an action against Argentine Jews while its Hezbollah allies were embroiled in armed struggle with the Israeli military in Lebanon. In their 2006 indictment of several Iranian nationals in the bombing, Argentine prosecutors argued that Iran planned the AMIA attack because Carlos Menem's administration had abruptly canceled two contracts for the transfer of nuclear technology to Iran.

But the indictment actually provides excerpts from key documents that undermine that conclusion. According to a February 10, 1992, cable from Argentina's ambassador in Iran, the director of the American Department of Iran's foreign ministry had "emphasized the need to reach a solution to the problem [of nuclear technology transfer] that would avoid damage to other contracts." Iran thus clearly signaled its hope of finding a negotiated solution that could reactivate the suspended contracts and maintain other deals with Argentina as well."

Followed by this:
"The Whole Iran Thing Seemed Kind of Flimsy"

In an interview last May James Cheek, Clinton's Ambassador to Argentina at the time of the bombing, told me, "To my knowledge, there was never any real evidence [of Iranian responsibility]. They never came up with anything." The hottest lead in the case, he recalled, was an Iranian defector named Manoucher Moatamer, who "supposedly had all this information." But Moatamer turned out to be only a dissatisfied low-ranking official without the knowledge of government decision-making that he had claimed. "We finally decided that he wasn't credible," Cheek recalled. Ron Goddard, then deputy chief of the US Mission in Buenos Aires, confirmed Cheek's account. He recalled that investigators found nothing linking Iran to the bombing. "The whole Iran thing seemed kind of flimsy," Goddard said."

And, in closing out the piece, these excerpts that seem to indicate Iranian involvement was perhaps a concoction showing more American protection of Israel through fabrication more than anything else:
"Despite a case against Iran that lacked credible forensic or eyewitness evidence and relied heavily on dubious intelligence and a discredited defector's testimony, Nisman and Burgos drafted their indictment against six former Iranian officials in 2006. However, the government of Néstor Kirchner displayed doubts about going forward with a legal case. According to the Forward newspaper, when American Jewish groups pressed Kirchner's wife, Christina, about the indictments at a UN General Assembly in New York in September 2006, she indicated that there was no firm date for any further judicial action against Iran. Yet the indictment was released the following month.

Both the main lawyer representing the AMIA, Miguel Bronfman, and Judge Rodolfo Canicoba Corral, who later issued the arrest warrants for the Iranians, told the BBC last May that pressure from Washington was instrumental in the sudden decision to issue the indictments the following month. Corral indicated that he had no doubt that the Argentine authorities had been urged to "join in international attempts to isolate the regime in Tehran."

A senior White House official just called the AMIA case a "very clear definition of what Iranian state sponsorship of terrorism means." In fact, the US insistence on pinning that crime on Iran in order to isolate the Tehran regime, even though it had no evidence to support that accusation, is a perfect definition of cynical creation of an accusation in the service of power interests."

So since any purported evidence seems to have been discredited, using that as indication of Iran's aggression appears to be on shaky ground. Does the inclusion of the AMIA case validate or discredit the other suggestions that "Iran is behind..." claim?
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

We don't walk away from our allies says Genocide […]

@FiveofSwords Doesn't this 'ethnogenesis' mala[…]

Britain: Deliberately imports laborers from around[…]

There's nothing more progressive than supporting b[…]