Barak orders dstruction of Jerusa terrorists' families homes - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

The Israeli Ynetnews has published the following article:-

Barak orders destruction of Jerusalem terrorists' homes

Central Command chief instructed to raze homes of east Jerusalem residents who plowed into pedestrians with bulldozers in two separate attacks in capital. Families have week to appeal decision

Efrat Weiss
Defense Minister Ehud Barak instructed Central Command Chief Major-General Gadi Shamni on Thursday to demolish the east Jerusalem homes of the terrorists who plowed into pedestrians with bulldozers in two separate attacks in the capital, pending a hearing.
The order was given once Attorney General Menachem Mazuz and the State Prosecutor's Office green-lighted the move.
The families have been given one week to appeal the decision. Should the Central Command reject the appeal, they would have a week to file another appeal with the High Court of Justice.
Three people were killed and 40 others were wounded during the first bulldozer attack, which took place July 2 along Jaffa Street in downtown Jerusalem. An IDF soldier on leave and a police officer shot and killed the terrorist - 30-year-old Tzur Baher resident Hossam Dawiath.
Eighteen people were injured in a second bulldozer attack, carried out on July 22 on the corner of King David and Keren Hayesod streets. The terrorist was shot dead by an armed civilian.
The capital suffered a third attack on September 23, when an east Jerusalem resident rammed his vehicle into a group of soldiers at Kikar Tzahal (IDF Square) in Jerusalem's downtown area before being shot dead by an off-duty IDF officer.
Barak had previously ordered to raze the east Jerusalem home of the terrorists who killed eight people at the Mercaz Harav rabbinical seminary on March 6. The terrorist's family appealed the decision and is currently awaiting the High Court's ruling on the mater.
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3633790,00.htm
Democratic countries never apply collective punishments or punish families for their sons crimes.where on earth besides Israel such type of punishments are being applied?
By Oxymoron
Well when the Arabs stop paying rewards to the families for their childrens "heroic acts" then Israel wont have to do such actions.
By Donna
In most of these cases, the families are complicit in the terrorism carried out by a member of the household. Not only should their homes be destroyed, they should be detained and handed over to the mercy of intelligence service. If they don't want this lot brought to their heads, they should try alternatives - like alerting authorities if their son/brother/whatever is planning to kill Israelis instead of seeing him off with Muslim funeral rites.
By Mercutio
Democratic countries never apply collective punishments or punish families for their sons crimes.

Isn't Isreal a democracy? On balance it doesn't sound like a bad idea. We could start it here with Bush41.
By Tailz
Ideational Ontarian wrote:
Where else in the world is there no way to get justice because the attacker usually commits suicide?

Should we punish you because you knew some idiot who committed a crime?

Guilt by association does not work.

Donald wrote:
In most of these cases, the families are complicit in the terrorism carried out by a member of the household. Not only should their homes be destroyed, they should be detained and handed over to the mercy of intelligence service. If they don't want this lot brought to their heads, they should try alternatives - like alerting authorities if their son/brother/whatever is planning to kill Israelis instead of seeing him off with Muslim funeral rites.

So Goldstens family should be handed over to Mossad? And their house dynamited?

How about all those settlers currently rioting in Hebron, should they and their family members be treated as terrorists?
By PBVBROOK
They are getting off easy.
By Oxymoron
How about all those settlers currently rioting in Hebron, should they and their family members be treated as terrorists?

Rioting does not equal suicide bomber.
By Tailz
PBVBROOK wrote:
They are getting off easy.

So vengeance should be taken upon people related to or who know the criminal, regardless of the individuals association with the actual crime?

If their related, their guilty and should be punished?

Oxymoron wrote:
Rioting does not equal suicide bomber.

Those settlers are terrorizing the local Arabs so they can get their way and keep the building they stole. Smells like terrorism to me.
By Oxymoron
Those settlers are terrorizing the local Arabs so they can get their way and keep the building they stole. Smells like terrorism to me

The bought the building, and 200 settlers terrorizing a community of hundreds of thousands :roll:
By Tailz
Oxymoron wrote:
The bought the building, and 200 settlers terrorizing a community of hundreds of thousands

The Israeli courts have already found that the papers the settlers provided to prove their ownership through purchase of the property, were forged.

And yes, a handful of crazy settlers are terrorizing the local community. You think the number of people involved changes the situation? Get a grip Oxy, your brighter than this....
By Oxymoron
The Israeli courts have already found that the papers the settlers provided to prove their ownership through purchase of the property, were forged.

That could be or perhaps the courts were pressured by others to make this thing go away.

And yes, a handful of crazy settlers are terrorizing the local community. You think the number of people involved changes the situation? Get a grip Oxy, your brighter than this....

Yes 200 Women and children and some men with no weapons are terrorising armed Palestinians who outnumber them 10000 to 1. Please demostrate their so called terrorization of the Palestinians?
By Tailz
Oxymoron wrote:
That could be or perhaps the courts were pressured by others to make this thing go away.

Then we shall both have to defer on that subject then, as nether of us know for certain then... do we.

Now don't get me wrong, if a Jewish person did buy the house I think he/she has all the right in the world to be there in it just as much as any other home owner. But Settlers do not have a good track record as far as purchasing property from Palestinians.

Yes 200 Women and children and some men with no weapons are terrorising armed Palestinians who outnumber them 10000 to 1. Please demostrate their so called terrorization of the Palestinians?

So the settlers are unarmed, and not terrorizing the Palastinians....

Excerpts from the article: Israel braces for settler violence following Hebron evacuation.

Settler violence erupted Thursday in protest against the eviction. Settlers torched fields, olive groves and yards in a wadi between Hebron and the settlement of Kiryat Arba. They also opened fire on Palestinians, wounding three.

also...

The evacuation itself was carried out within one hour. Around 100 officers from the police's special forces surprised the 200 or so people staying at the house, including families and teenagers, who were dragged from the building.

Six people were detained, including Daniella Weiss, formerly the head of Kedumim council. Twenty-five people were injured including two police officers, one of whom was in moderate-to-serious condition after acid was sprayed on his face, the police said.

A number of blunt instruments were found at the house, including glass bottles, piles of stones, tires and potatoes filled with nails.

Commander Avshalom Peled of the police's West Bank division said the incursion was carried out by surprise to prevent the settlers from using their homemade weapons. Thursday morning, members of Defense Minister Ehud Barak's office met with settler leaders, who asked that families be allowed to stay in the house and other individuals evacuated.
Last edited by Tailz on 05 Dec 2008 03:53, edited 1 time in total.
By Sephardi
Damn. Owned by a few settlers? If we had 35,000 more of them Saddam would have been captured by now. Potatoes filled with nails? That's really making something big out of something small.
By Oxymoron
glass bottles, piles of stones, tires and potatoes filled with nails.

WMDs :eek:

They also opened fire on Palestinians, wounding three.

Allegations no weapons were found from what I can tell of this raid.
By Nets
I'm a Jewish Zionist but I have to agree with Tailz here, Sephardi. The settlers in question are violent hooligans.

I know you could care less that they vandalize Palestinian homes and property, and commit acts of violence, but surely their disobedience towards the state is distasteful to you?

The Zionist dream is a Jewish-Democratic state in the land of Israel. Their actions (if not their words) oppose every single aspect of this. To quote Rabin, they should be "vomited out" from our midst.
By Tailz
Debating this with you is like a broken pencil... Enjoy your fantasy world were all Arabs are terrorists and all Jews are victims. I am done with this pointless debate...

Edit: Thank-you for your rational words Nets, but I have had enough of this short-sighted foolishness.
By Sephardi
Debating this with you is like a broken pencil... Enjoy your fantasy world were all Arabs are terrorists and all Jews are victims. I am done with this pointless debate...

You'll come back. They always come back for oxymoron. :muha1:
By Oxymoron

No Enjoy your fantasy world were all Jews are tricksters, and have no right to own land in Palestinian areas. Where Jews are stormtroopers and Palestinians poor victims.
By kyleb
To quote Rabin, they should be "vomited out" from our midst.

He got that from Leviticus. ;)

Rather than focusing on your ideas about my (irr[…]

It turns out it was all a complete lie with no bas[…]

I am not claiming that there are zero genetic dif[…]

Customs is rarely nice. It's always best to pack l[…]