Barak orders dstruction of Jerusa terrorists' families homes - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By Andres
IO wrote:Where else in the world is there no way to get justice because the attacker usually commits suicide?
Most of the school shootings in the US and elsewhere end in suicide (by cop), no? But this practice is not justice anyway.
By Donna
tailz wrote:So Goldstens family should be handed over to Mossad? And their house dynamited?

Baruch Goldstein's family has always lived in the United States. But had he survived, Mossad would most certainly attempt to figure him out. Whether Palestinian or Jewish terrorism, it should be stomped out with ferocity including all who had prior knowledge of foreseen terrorism but did not act against.

How about all those settlers currently rioting in Hebron, should they and their family members be treated as terrorists?

Their homes should certainly be demolished, but I'm hard pressed to treat rioters as enemy combatants. Obviously, anyone who is rioting, harassing others and destroying property should be detained though. There is no excuse for settlers bothering Palestinians like this.
By Sayed Zakerya
In most of these cases, the families are complicit in the terrorism carried out by a member of the household.
You are guessing. No official legal investigation has proved their awareness of their sons offense plans. Also, where is the law which Barak has based his decision accordingly? Where is the law that enforce house destruction as a penalty for any sort of crime!!
There is no law behind it.This is a brutal collective administrative punishment decided by the defense minister in violation to Geneva rules, international laws & human rights.
Fourth Geneva Convention article 33 states:-[ No person should be punished for an offence he/she has not personally committed.]
The Houses destruction penalty is known during WW2 when Nazi Germans were destroying occupied villages houses with the same excuse that is employed by Donald ie the pre-knowledge of the crime plan.
Zionists will introduce savage, inhuman reasoning to defend their crimes.
By Oxymoron
What does Geneva say about targeting civilians, what does it say about Arabs paying the families of such murdering thugs rewards for killing Jews?

By sploop!
Geneva says something about collective punishment. You know that, Oxy.

If the family are accused of something, they should be charged, taken to court, and a punishment agreed if they are found guilty.

The destruction of property belonging to people who have not been found guilty of any crime is an affront to justice. And, it has to be said, pretty typical of the behaviour of the state of Israel.

It sucks, and there are no civilised countries which engage in this sort of behaviour, although it was pretty common in apartheid South Africa.
By Oxymoron
If the family are accused of something, they should be charged, taken to court, and a punishment agreed if they are found guilty.

The destruction of property belonging to people who have not been found guilty of any crime is an affront to justice. And, it has to be said, pretty typical of the behaviour of the state of Israel.

It sucks, and there are no civilised countries which engage in this sort of behaviour, although it was pretty common in apartheid South Africa.

No civilized country is subject to such attacks on a daily basis either. What did Russia do after Chechens blew up those houses? I dont recall 50 threads about Russia leveling blocks with Grad rockets. Spare me the Geneva Bull, rules only work if both sides abide by them.
By sploop!
We've had this conversation before. If you believe that the 'special case' of Israel puts it above the rules of civilised behaviour, then it is no better than the people who attack it, and it deserves to die, along with all barbarity.
By Oxymoron
If you believe that the 'special case' of Israel puts it above the rules of civilised behaviour, then it is no better than the people who attack it, and it deserves to die, along with all barbarity.

If the London bombings were an every week occurance Britain would do the same.
By War Angel
I'm waiting for the head-lines to read "Israel destroys Palestinian homes - thousands die." - then, MAYBE, all the anti-Israelis in 'ere would have SOMETHING to say that'd have some merit.

This is bullshit. How is this wrong, in any way? No matter what Israel does, it's wrong. We're supposed to be good diasporic Jews, and just take it.
By sploop!
I just mean I have no idea what a British government would do in the same situation, but one thing is for sure - if it chose to go down the path that Israel has gone down, I would not support it.

No matter what Israel does, it's wrong.

No. When Israel mangles internationally agreed convention and punishes people who have not been found guilty of a crime, then it is wrong. If you are convinced these people are guilty, you should have little problem with putting them on trial.
By Bosnjak
Palestinians are realy crazy and brutal... Who made them so violent?

Probably the terms in which their hole nations is living since 1948, they are living in Huge KZs less obviously brutal but also destructive... They want back in their Land before Israel was founded... Israelis took their good Land and let them some Reservates... Fuck they are Born like in Matrix, Big Brother Israel is Watching, sometimes hitting, sometimes coutting of Food and Oil Supply...

O.K. KZ is too much but Gaza and West-Bank are huge Prisons.
Last edited by Bosnjak on 06 Dec 2008 01:55, edited 2 times in total.
By Oxymoron

Palestinians are realy crazy and brutal... Who made them so violent?

My guess Allah.
By Bosnjak
They do not fear the to die, but in this Region is this Common, the last Jewish Fortres 2000 years Ago, fought the roman legions and as they got defeated they killed them self, not to end as slaves.
By Maas
What does Geneva say about targeting civilians, what does it say about Arabs paying the families of such murdering thugs rewards for killing Jews?

Geneva convention probably sais a lot about targetting civilians. So in this case, the Israeli government probably breaches that by demolishing the house where innocent people live in. But as far as Jews and Arabs go, I don't think them words are in it even.
By Oxymoron
They do not fear the to die, but in this Region is this Common, the last Jewish Fortres 2000 years Ago, fought the roman legions and as they got defeated they killed them self, not to end as slaves.

If only we did that in the 1930's
By Bosnjak
Yes this was realy realy brutal. Therefore the World gave arab Land to the Jewish people.

Your Policy of strength worked as long as the USA were strong... The Islamic States are rising... Israel is in an Position of Strength they should pull back to to line 1967, snd Israel will exist over Milleniums.

If not at least 100 Years and Israel dissapears from the Map.

I predict that the Jewish people will again been sent on tour.
By Oxymoron
Therefore the World gave arab Land to the Jewish people.

Watch the video.

predict that the Jewish people will again been sent on tour.

100 Nucs say otherwise
World War II Day by Day

March 29, Friday Mackenzie King wins Canadian el[…]

Hmmm, it the Ukraine aid package is all over main[…]

The rapes by Hamas, real or imagained are irreleva[…]

@Rugoz You are a fuckin' moralist, Russia coul[…]