A John Jay Jewel - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Those who do not remember the past are condemned to relive it. Note: nostalgia *is* allowed.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By JAT
JOHN JAY, ALONG WITH ALEXANDER HAMILTON, and James Madison, helped write the Federalist Papers, where they each made a case for the benefits of the 13 states joining together into a single Union. In The Federalist No. 2, John Jay wrote on October 31, 1787 that it often gave him "pleasure" to see that the states all formed a connected land, and the land was fertile. He enjoyed the fact that there were waterways connecting all the important points of the land. He liked the fact that these conditions existed because they all were things which promote a strong country. It is easier to have a Union where the land is connected, and not "detached and distant." And after discussing the geographical advantages of the 13 colonies, that would ease the formation and maintenance of a Union, he went on to say the following:

"With equal pleasure I have as often taken notice, that Providence has been pleased to give this one connected country, to one united people, a people descended from the same ancestors, speaking the same language, professing the same religion, attached to the same principles of government, very similar in their manners and customs, and who, by their joint counsels, arms and efforts, fighting side by side throughout a long and bloody war, have nobly established their general Liberty and Independence.

"This country and this people seem to have been made for each other, and it appears as if it was the design of Providence, that an inheritance so proper and convenient of a band of brethren united to each other by the strongest ties, should never be split into a number of unsocial, jealous and alien sovereignties."
John Jay was one of our prominent Founding Fathers. He was to become the very first Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, and here he makes a powerful argument for the joining together of the first 13 states of our country, into a Union, a nation under one government. Along with contiguous territories, easy transportation, and fertile land, we find that the extreme lack of diversity among the first Americans, was one of the most powerful reasons that John Jay could find for the individual states to join together and form a nation. These homogenous people were "united to each other by the strongest ties" possible!

http://www.whitefuture.com/html/johnjay.html
By Boondock Saint
Yea and?

Seems like alot of silly white power talk to me ...
By Comrade Ogilvy
That sounds familiar, oh yeah:

"Eine Nation- Ein Rennen -eine Leute -ein Glaube"

or

"one nation, one race, one folk, one faith" - WP Band -No Remorse

Ive seen another of your posts in a similar flavor, but I would really like to know what you make of all of it and where you stand on it, in your own words. I think most people here believe that everyone has a right to their opinion but I think (for myself) a more effective way of communicating would be to share your own opinions and show some thought process that went into it.

Who is? The protest at the U of A did not do tha[…]

Is it happening to you right now? Bring on the vi[…]

No, you have to be spoon-fed information and told[…]

Judaism is older than Christianity, dude. And I[…]