Most Relevant Historic Periods - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Those who do not remember the past are condemned to relive it. Note: nostalgia *is* allowed.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I decided recently to improve my general knowledge since it's not up to much and decided it was important to have a more thorough understanding of history. I've listed below what I consider to be the most important periods in history, let me know if you would agree (also forgive the slight bias towards British history):

Alexander the Great
Rise and fall of the Roman Republic
Anglo-saxons, Vikings, Normans, Frankish Empire, etc.
The Crusades
Mongol Empire (13th and 14th Centuries)
Ottoman Empire
Hundred Years’ War (1337 – 1453)
Age of Discovery (15th C. – 17th C)
War of the Roses (1455 – 1485)
Tudor Britain (1485 – 1603)
Stuart Britain (1603 – 1714)
Georgian Britain (1714 – 1830)
Founding Fathers of America
French Revolution
Napoleonic Era
Slavery in America
Victorian Britain
WWI
Rise of Communism
WWII
Cold War
Martin Luther King
Gandhi
JFK
Reagan and Thatcher (rise of neoliberalism)
War in Iraq/Afghanistan
Arab Spring
Invasion of Libya
Syrian Revolution
No love for east and south asia?

Although you should add Greek city states and achaemenid empire pre Alexander and also Didiachis (spelled wrong, I am sure) after Alexander.

You forgot Arab Caliphates also.

btw, if you are making such a list it would be much easier if you divide them according to geogrophy.

for example

East Europe, West Europe, South Asia, East Asia, etc.
I believe you're leaving out the Cambrian, the inflationary epoch, the dynasties of China, etc to your detriment
Sceptic wrote:Invasion of Libya

Or just recent intervention that toppled Muammar? Libya isn't much, and the post Ghadafy era looks like something much worse. Still, it might be significant if a cash strapped Egypt soon gets ideas.
the rise of the Islamic empire also effected alot..
the fall of byzantine and persian empire..
the omawets at andalos (spain ..and not sure how to write it in english) did huge for the scientific world starting in europe...
the fall of baghdad causing more than half the world science to be lost at once ....

the Iranian revolution played huge role in today's politics...
the creation of the zionists movement around the world effecting today greatly ...

the greater of empire of the nile (at faroons times) did effect african world greatly on the distributions of the population and the removal of a number of nations

the chines revolution as well
those all time periods who played big effect

I don't think he, or anyone else here, is defendin[…]

No, my ancestors believe in human rights for all […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Muscovite schizophrenic Ivan Ilyin is quite lit[…]

World War II Day by Day

May 15, Wednesday Britons flock to the local def[…]