Military Library Research Service (MLRS) to Close - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Those who do not remember the past are condemned to relive it. Note: nostalgia *is* allowed.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
For those of us who enjoy military history, this will come as a blow. But I just got this message from the MLRS Newsletter...

MLRS Newsletter wrote:MLRS-News The end of the journey.

Dear Subscriber

I regret to inform you that tomorrow will be the last day of trading for MLRS Books.

In the last three years we have tried to absorb increased printing cots, as well as higher prices in all the other aspects of the business. This has lately proved to be an uphill battle that could not be won. Our income started to fall in 2011 as I suspect a result of the “economy” in the UK - restrictive and sometimes punitive measures which our Chancellor said was essential (but funnily enough don’t seem to apply to banks and large businesses) - and out Prime Minister claimed at the time that “we are all in it together” - but some of us are a lot deeper in it than others!

My only comment is that many small businesses have been driven to the wall due to an politically and artificially intensified crisis (so it seems to me) which in reality stemmed from a banking ethical failure - but which, although it has hit us and others, does not seem to have had any effect on bankers or their bonuses.

To all of you I thank you for your custom; I regret the decision to close, as I have had a great time in the last ten years - but it is now over; thankfully we don’t owe the bank much, we still have no overdraft, and we have never had a credit card.

Again, thank you for supporting us and my best wishes to you.

David

Military Library Research Service Ltd - reprinters and publishers of military pamphlets, manuals, books and maps mainly, but not exclusively, from World War II.
Web site: www.mlrsbooks.co.uk
Email: [email protected]
Telephone 01298 71894

I don't know about you, but this is sad news indeed. Since my local military book store closed, this had been my only source of good military texts. So I am deeply saddened to see MLRS is closing down...
wat0n wrote:What books did you get there? It's always a shame when this information becomes harder to find for the average guy (as opposed to researchers).

I had turned to the web site when my local military book store (which stocked MLRS books) closed down because the rent was killing them. I had started to purchase PDF's via the MLRS web site. At present my MLRS reading list is:
  • Canadian Army 39-45
  • German Infantry in Action
While on my bookshelf I have yet to get through: Handbook of Enemy Ammunition (includes all pamphlets).

Although I am curious, just looked at the MLRS web site and noticed it is back up...?
mrs books wrote:Pleased to say we are open again for CDs and downloads - mlrsbooks.co.uk

That is good news indeed! I am very happy to see MRLS back up and running.

And welcome to PoFo
World War II Day by Day

April 27, Saturday More women to do German war w[…]

I think a Palestinian state has to be demilitariz[…]

The bill proposed by Congress could easily be use[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Even in North America, the people defending the[…]