The merchant of death - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Those who do not remember the past are condemned to relive it. Note: nostalgia *is* allowed.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By noemon
This is a great documentary that I just found on youtube, first of all it is an old documentary which is an interesting art in itself, the subject of the documentary Sir Basil Zaharoff dubbed "the merchant of death", "the mystery man of Europe", "the most influential man in the world" is interesting because it is pure bad-assery, the raw images we see from the 19th and early 20th centuries are great and while the focus is on the man there are very interesting snippets about the formative years of modern liberalism, capitalism, the military-industrial complex, finance & industrialism. Zaharoff is according to these Cambridge professors who have studied him the quintessence and the founder of most of these items in their current form. He also established Monaco and Monte Carlo which he created to be the hub of his social gatherings where he established the first international finance, arms & trade social club.

The most exciting part for me is that this excellent documentary is narrated in Cambridge and it contains all the pictures that I just took and I have posted in the Pictures by Members thread.

Anyway hope you enjoy it as much as I did:

[youtube]VJpG_7qEPOI[/youtube]

Moscow empire has an elaborate culture of the so[…]

Mexico, LoL, why would anyone nuke Mexico. Drlee[…]

Uh...there isn't an 'England gene'...if that is w[…]

Back on topic , here are my results . Care-85 […]