USS Liberty - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Those who do not remember the past are condemned to relive it. Note: nostalgia *is* allowed.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Ter
Pants-of-dog wrote:I have no idea why you decided to become anti-Semitic.

Anyway, do you believe that a country can defend itself by any means necessary when being attacked by a foreign power?

I asked you if you were Jewish because you replied to my question with a question of your own.

So let me repeat my question:

Ter wrote:Wouldn't you agree that in case a country's existence is threatened, it can use everything at its disposal, including atomic bombs, to defend itself?
By Pants-of-dog
My opinion has nothing to do with it, nor did you ask me that question.

Regardless of morality and feelings, many people will defend their group interests with extreme actions.

Now, is that what you believe?
By Ter
In the case of Israel, with the numerous threats including genocide and Holocaust II announced, if it were attacked and threatened in its existence, then yes, they have the right to use all means at its disposal to save itself and its population.

Do you agree with this ?
@Ter No, they don't have a right to be there in the first place. before you call me anti-Semitic, I'm a Jew.
By Ter
MememyselfandIJK wrote:@Ter No, they don't have a right to be there in the first place. before you call me anti-Semitic, I'm a Jew.

That was not the question.
Israel is there since seventy years, it is a fait accompli.
Do they have the right to defend themselves is the question.
And if for some reason they risk being overrun by the Arab hordes, can they use all weapons at their disposal?
Last edited by Ter on 04 Jul 2017 03:53, edited 1 time in total.
By MememyselfandIJK
noir wrote:Do you have a right to live in America? Wandering Jew.
What about you? Unless your an American Native, you wandered over here too.

@Ter No was my answer, and the rest of my sentence was a reason
By Ter
MememyselfandIJK wrote:@Ter No was my answer, and the rest of my sentence was a reason

Thank you, that is an interesting perspective.
So according to you they are not allowed to defend themselves.
Hmmm.
By Pants-of-dog
Ter wrote:In the case of Israel, with the numerous threats including genocide and Holocaust II announced, if it were attacked and threatened in its existence, then yes, they have the right to use all means at its disposal to save itself and its population.

This is slightly different from your previous claim. Now you seem to be saying that only Israel has the right to use any means necessary to defend itself, and not other countries. Is that what you are saying, or are there other countries that should also be allowed to do so?
By Ter
Pants-of-dog wrote:This is slightly different from your previous claim. Now you seem to be saying that only Israel has the right to use any means necessary to defend itself, and not other countries. Is that what you are saying, or are there other countries that should also be allowed to do so?

OK. I believe every country has the right to defend itself.

I know of no other country that is threatened with genocide by not only its neighbours but by a whole bunch of other countries.
So in the case of Israel it is not just a question of regime change but quite possibly genocide.
I therefore believe that Israel has the right to defend itself by all the means at its disposal, including nuclear weapons.

To give another example : North Korea.
Its enemies never threatened to annihilate the population of North Korea, only change its regime. So the use of nuclear weapons by the North Korean regime is debatable.
By Pants-of-dog
Ter wrote:OK. I believe every country has the right to defend itself.

I know of no other country that is threatened with genocide by not only its neighbours but by a whole bunch of other countries.

So in the case of Israel it is not just a question of regime change but quite possibly genocide.
I therefore believe that Israel has the right to defend itself by all the means at its disposal, including nuclear weapons.

To give another example : North Korea.
Its enemies never threatened to annihilate the population of North Korea, only change its regime. So the use of nuclear weapons by the North Korean regime is debatable.

Well, if you expand the notion to nations instead of just countires, there are many that are threatened with genocide.

So, if a group is threatened with some sort of significant existential threat, they have the right to defend themsleves with any means necessary?

Could a country that is invaded by a military superpower be considered as suffering under such a threat?
By Ter
Pants-of-dog wrote:Well, if you expand the notion to nations instead of just countires, there are many that are threatened with genocide.

Please clarify this for me. Name a few of those "nations".
Pants-of-dog wrote:So, if a group is threatened with some sort of significant existential threat, they have the right to defend themsleves with any means necessary?

It that threat encompasses physical danger to its inhabitants, yes, they should defend themselves. By all means.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Could a country that is invaded by a military superpower be considered as suffering under such a threat?

If the invasion does not threaten the survival of the population, and we are in a situation of fait accompli, then nuclear weapons would not be helpful in my opinion. The invaded country can of course defend itself but this should be looked at on a case to case basis. I have the impression that you will not agree with me what invasion and occupation mean and also, how far will you go back in time to define something as occupation and invasion.
By noir
MememyselfandIJK wrote:What about you? Unless your an American Native, you wandered over here too.

You're parasites who live on someone else work yet undermining its foundation with all this fashionable ideologies.
By MememyselfandIJK
noir wrote:You're parasites who live on someone else work yet undermining its foundation with all this fashionable ideologies.
My grammar just died
By Pants-of-dog
Ter wrote:It that threat encompasses physical danger to its inhabitants, yes, they should defend themselves. By all means.

So if the US and its western allies invaded a Muslim majority nation, these Muslims would have the right to defend themselves by any means necessary.
By Ter
Pants-of-dog wrote:So if the US and its western allies invaded a Muslim majority nation, these Muslims would have the right to defend themselves by any means necessary.

Yes but I specified that there should be a serious physical danger to the inhabitants.

Also please give some examples of nations threatened with genocide, as I requested earlier.
By Pants-of-dog
Ter wrote:Yes but I specified that there should be a serious physical danger to the inhabitants.

Well, when the US attacks your country, it is a given that there is serious physical danger to the inhabitants.

More importantly, I can see how your argument is a justification for terrorism.
By Rich
Decky wrote:You have it the wrong way round. It is the US that is an Israeli client state.

indeed this is all part of the unmanning of the West. We have become a bunch of pathetic beta cucks, always looking to others to enact our manhood for us. Left and Right both do this, they just look to different groups to act on their behalf.

Liberals love Black Gang members, Black Rap(e) artists, Muslim immigrant rapists, Fatah, Hamas and various third world dictators. American Conservatives love Israel. In the nineteen eighties they loved the Afgan Mujahadine terrorists, who liked to shout death to America. I believe this process started after the First World War, with the left looking to the Soviet Dictatorship and the right looking to fascist dictators.
By Ter
Pants-of-dog wrote:Well, when the US attacks your country, it is a given that there is serious physical danger to the inhabitants.

The physical danger could be minimal, especially if it is merely a regime change operation.

But please cite some countries other than Israel where the population is threatened with genocide. As I requested twice earlier already.
By Pants-of-dog
Ter wrote:The physical danger could be minimal, especially if it is merely a regime change operation.

Thosuands of civilians die each year from "accidental" attacks by US and western forces. This is not minimal.
By Ter
Pants-of-dog wrote:This is not minimal.

Agreed, but it does not amount to genocide.
You restrict yourself to mentioning America invading and attacking but there is a lot more killing and invading going on in many countries.
Try to stay on topic.

Pants-of-dog wrote:But please cite some countries other than Israel where the population is threatened with genocide. As I requested twice earlier already.

So?

Since you keep insisting on pretending that the I[…]

Commercial foreclosures increase 97% from last ye[…]

People tend to forget that the French now have a […]

It is easy to tell the tunnel was made of pre fab[…]