The worldwide Statue War has begun..... - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Those who do not remember the past are condemned to relive it. Note: nostalgia *is* allowed.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act ... 09036970d3

Oh fucken hell.

He discovered the country for Europe... Why the fuck do we need to be absolutely specific..... He discovered the damn country, for Europe.... If you are too stupid to understand this after reading the plaque, you should get sent to a compulsory Australian History class.

I bet they'll want his house torn down next(it's in Fitzroy Gardens here in Melbourne, was a present from England for our great city).
colliric wrote:http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act ... 09036970d3

Oh fucken hell.

He discovered the country for Europe... Why the fuck do we need to be absolutely specific..... He discovered the damn country, for Europe.... If you are too stupid to understand this after reading the plaque, you should get sent to a compulsory Australian History class.

I bet they'll want his house torn down next(it's in Fitzroy Gardens here in Melbourne, was a present from England for our great city).

Man that shit is contagious...

Is it just me or are we as a civilisation becoming ISIS? history destruction... what will be next I wonder beheading in the street for not using the new quirky pronouns? Suicide bombing campaigns against the patriarchy?

Seriously can we all just get a fucking grip on ourselves?
It's a good idea to shoot dogs that have gone mad. They can't be reasoned with so there is no other choice.
This is why I vote Liberal and am an Australian Liberal....

http://www.news.com.au/national/politic ... 79ce5b39f0

White Australians and indeed most other Australians too predominantly have ancestry from the UK or from other British territories(My mother is from Hong Kong and there was a Scot in her ancestry anyway, the majority of Chinese in Australia are of Cantonese heritage, with stong British-Western influence). Captain Cook discovered Australia and for that matter New Zealand too, for the United Kingdom.... Deal with it. The inscription is obviously written from the British position. The Greens and extreme Labor-Left are fucking idiot lunatics.
Turnbull gets my congratulations. This is what Trump should say also. It is time to tell these idiots enough already.
I am very concerned, no, deeply concerned, no, very mad!! to hear about all these statues we've all never seen, heard about, or cared about before being taken down in other countries and other states by people in those countries and states who don't want them on public ground in their communities. I am very mad about this!
Yes, because I detest ignorance, and self righteousness. No one cared until one idiot decided a statue hurt their feelings. Now, people everywhere decide they also are offended by a statue or historical person. :knife:
This is obviously grandstanding by ignorant people who want attention. Junior high mentality with a Superiority complex.
One Degree wrote:Yes, because I detest ignorance, and self righteousness. No one cared until one idiot decided a statue hurt their feelings. Now, people everywhere decide they also are offended by a statue or historical person. :knife:
This is obviously grandstanding by ignorant people who want attention. Junior high mentality with a Superiority complex.

For sure! And that is why I think you are right when you say we should shoot these people for wanting to take down statues.
Pants-of-dog wrote:For sure! And that is why I think you are right when you say we should shoot these people for wanting to take down statues.

No, not for wanting to take them down, but for actually taking them down illegally or damaging them. They are simply vandals and thugs.
Bulaba Jones wrote:I am very concerned, no, deeply concerned, no, very mad!! to hear about all these statues we've all never seen, heard about, or cared about before being taken down in other countries and other states by people in those countries and states who don't want them on public ground in their communities. I am very mad about this!

A) I been to Sydney and literally seen this beautiful statue... Last time I was in Hyde Park was 2008.

B) I've obviously heard of it, I've literally seen it.

C) The removal or altering of this Statue will set a dangerous precedent that wil ultimately affect Melbournites too because his Cottage is literally here.... His literal house where he literally lived(when it was in London). Next on their list "Bulldoze his home?".... So don't tell me it won't affect my own state of Victoria, his fucking home is HERE and it's looked after by the Melbourne city council. It's a beautiful little bit of the "old country" that was sent here as a gift for us to look after. It is on public ground in a public space controlled by the left-leaning Greenie Melbourne Council. This will affect Victoria ultimately.
SolarCross wrote:Is it revenge for Saddam and Lenin?

I doubt it. One Degree seems to have other reasons for wanting to shoot these people. He seems to think that anyone who takes down a statue has gone rabidly insane and needs to be put down for everyone's safety.

-------------

One Degree wrote:No, not for wanting to take them down, but for actually taking them down illegally or damaging them. They are simply vandals and thugs.

Yes, graffiti should be punished by death and with no trial. But attempted graffiti should not. That makes so much sense.
@colliric My post wasn't directed at you. However, you've made a lot of comments in the Charlottesville thread concerning a statue you've never seen about which was built to honor a traitor.

I happen to think people are being silly about the statue stuff. They're just statues. Many of the statues in the US people are expressing "concerns" about are on public (government) property, and as such are subject to removal if the community doesn't want those statues there.

All of that being said, the stuff Stan Grant in the article says is true, and Australia has a long history of racism (as do many other countries, and not simply evil white Westerners, of course). If the people of Sydney want the statue removed from public land and placed in a museum, it's going to happen. I think it makes sense though to simply amend the statue to say "discovered for Britain," considering Cook's historical significance in Australia's history.

As a communist I'm not particularly concerned about the toppling down and destruction of statues to Lenin and other Revolutionary leaders. They're just statues. I'd prefer seeing all of these monuments to history, including ones built to honor Confederate generals here in the US, preserved in museums, if the communities the statues are in would prefer to not have them displayed on public land.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/calls-nelson ... 18587.html

Guess what the contagion has spread to the UK...

Do any of you have any idea how many friggin statues there are in the UK... Hundreds of thousands.. We are going to be up to our eyeballs in rubble and our tourist industry ruined, no one comes here for the weather, they come for the statues and history.

I blame ISIS

Last edited by SolarCross on 25 Aug 2017 03:45, edited 2 times in total.
If the people of Sydney want the statue removed from public land and placed in a museum, it's going to happen.

That's my point. The council if they alter the statue are going against the will of the overwhelming majority of Sydneysiders, not just those covered by the Council's boarders. Most Sydney people(residents of the suburban sprawl of the city!) don't want these statues to be removed or altered because of a select few Green Party idiots that happen to control the local government of the CBD of that city due to the left-leaning populace of the singular Sydney Council governed area known as the Central Business District. Most of the Population of Sydney resides in other council areas, yet as this is the CBD, they are affected in their daily lives by the decision making of the left-wing fucken individuals in control of the CBD.

You can't seriously be entertaining this idea.

The Melbourne Council controls the cottage believed to be where Captain Cook lived(and where his Parents certainly lived, and personally built) and subsequently dedicated to his memory. It doesn't fit in any goddamn museum and doesn't belong in one, the removal or alteration of other monuments dedicated to him seemingly threatens it. It BELONGS in Fitzroy Gardens where it has stood since it's 1934 transportation from London. It is Australia's most famous Captain Cook memorial(because it's the one he probably visited himself when his Parents lived in it!). It cannot simply be removed to a Museum..... It won't fit in there! These Statues don't belong in a Museum either, they belong in the parks as living daily reminders of our history.

(They barely find room for Phar Lap these days! His exhibit is much smaller than the old one).
SolarCross wrote:ISIS: Destroying Egypt’s Sphinx, Pyramids Is ‘Religious Duty’

This is how they think, it's idolatry to them see, but also if you demolish a person's culture they are just that little bit easier to brainwash into a new cult. It's a psy op.

And what does this have to do with the OP?
SolarCross wrote:It's the same kind of people we are dealing with here: enemies and fanatics.

How so?

Are you saying that Islamic terrorists are motivated by the exact same historical and material conditions as anti-racism activists in the US and other western countries?

This seems consistent with your idea that Communists are Islamists, and your idea that bourgeois marriages are the same as classical Spartan marriages, as all of this completely ignores things like history and facts, as does the idea that anti-racism activists are taking down statues for the exact same reason that ISIS is.

@FiveofSwords If you think that science is mer[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I'm just free flowing thought here: I'm trying t[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

…. the left puts on the gas pedal and the right […]

@QatzelOk DeSantis got rid of a book showing chi[…]