The worldwide Statue War has begun..... - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Those who do not remember the past are condemned to relive it. Note: nostalgia *is* allowed.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
One Degree wrote:Oh c'mon. Do you really believe it is a coincidence?

What am I supposed to believe is a coincidence?

There is no campaign to destroy, move, or modify Cook's statue. At most, there is some debate about it.

How is the dismantling of the Cook statue supposed to be related to the other statue when this is not actually being dismantled?

The only way they are related is that the Australian newspapers are trying to sell copies of their product by making this into a story by cashing in on the debate around Charlottesville.

This is literally a news outlet trying to make a non-story into a story so that they can sell newspapers, when the reality is that there is no actual campaign to do anything to the statue.
Finfinder wrote:Democratic process cannot explain this Fad, you are mentioning that one particular instance. Like why now all of a sudden, what has changed? I don't think you can offer quantitative information or facts to say that people have learned more history on civil wars and slavery.

If you don't think that facts can be introduced to this argument, what do you intend to use to sway you?

In fact the majority of learning in this country is controlled by liberal minds and so if the liberals have always been offended then why now why did they wait so long ? .

Of course, the answer was a conspiracy theory. I should have seen that coming...

I agree the Silicon Valley mafia which consists of the largest social media companies is pushing this fad headed up by a virtual mob which is Twitter and Facebook. They now control what the liberal media reports. It is about money, hate to find your business at the wrong end of this mob.

Okay, I'll bite. What is, "the Silicon Valley mafia," and how does it make money from mind-controlling the masses into removing statues?
[quote="Pants-of-dog"]What am I supposed to believe is a coincidence?

There is no campaign to destroy, move, or modify Cook's statue. At most, there is some debate about it.

How is the dismantling of the Cook statue supposed to be related to the other statue when this is not actually being dismantled?

The only way they are related is that the Australian newspapers are trying to sell copies of their product by making this into a story by cashing in on the debate around Charlottesville.

This is literally a news outlet trying to make a non-story into a story so that they can sell newspapers, when the reality is that there is no actual campaign to do anything to the statue.[/quote]

This is like saying one wheel of a bicycle is irrelevant. The media encourages the extremists, so more extremists take action, which results in more media coverage etc. Both are essential for the idiocy to become a political cause.
One Degree wrote:This is like saying one wheel of a bicycle is irrelevant. The media encourages the extremists, so more extremists take action, which results in more media coverage etc. Both are essential for the idiocy to become a political cause.

Again, there is no cause.

You are simply ignoring the financial incentives of media corporations in order to make yourself feel like a victim of "leftists".
Pants-of-dog wrote:Again, there is no cause.

You are simply ignoring the financial incentives of media corporations in order to make yourself feel like a victim of "leftists".

Denial? Anything concerning identity politics is a Democrats cause and an anti Trump cause. These idiots aren't vandalizing because they are offended. They are vandalizing because the Liberal media justifies their vandalism. They think they are heroic. I doubt very much the individuals responsible have any real understanding of the issues and probably could not tell you who won the Civil War.
One Degree wrote:Denial? Anything concerning identity politics is a Democrats cause and an anti Trump cause.

No. The indigenous sovereignty movements of Australia have nothing to do with Trump or the Democrats. They are simply not that important.

These idiots aren't vandalizing because they are offended. They are vandalizing because the Liberal media justifies their vandalism. They think they are heroic. I doubt very much the individuals responsible have any real understanding of the issues and probably could not tell you who won the Civil War.

I am not discussing the Lee statue. I am discussing the Cook statue. Did you not noitce that, or did you intentionally change the subject?
Pants-of-dog wrote:No. The indigenous sovereignty movements of Australia have nothing to do with Trump or the Democrats. They are simply not that important.

I am not discussing the Lee statue. I am discussing the Cook statue. Did you not noitce that, or did you intentionally change the subject?

I am discussing the Thread topic. Why would you object? The Cook statue was just an example.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Then don't reply to my posts. Just post.

If you reply to my posts, I am going to assume that you are replying to what I said. Crazy, huh?

I replied to your post because you said there was no relationship between the events. You are literally referring to the topic, and I responded based upon the topic. Crazy huh?
One Degree wrote:I replied to your post because you said there was no relationship between the events. You are literally referring to the topic, and I responded based upon the topic. Crazy huh?

I am not interested in explaining how you chnaged the subject.

Can we agree that there is no organised campaign to take down, dismantle, modify, or move the Cook statue?
The Immortal Goon wrote:If you don't think that facts can be introduced to this argument, what do you intend to use to sway you?

I think you misunderstood, there is no wide spread Democratic process occurring to remove statues, that is a fact you haven't present anything that proves this. It is also a fact that polls have shown the majority of American do not support removing statues.

The Immortal Goon wrote:Of course, the answer was a conspiracy theory. I should have seen that coming...

You are attempting distort, to make up the meaning of what I posted because in fact it is true. I posted, that educators and education is this country leans left, you said conspiracy I never said that or insinuated such.

The Immortal Goon wrote:Okay, I'll bite. What is, "the Silicon Valley mafia," and how does it make money from mind-controlling the masses into removing statues?

I never said it uses mind control or makes money off removing statues.

Twitter, Google, Facebook, and Yahoo the first that come to mind. All far left media outlets that try to control speech. They now dictate what the liberal media reports. I’m saying companies are making decisions because they are afraid of this is mob not necessarily believing in the issue of the month the mob is promoting.
Finfinder wrote:I think you misunderstood, there is no wide spread Democratic process occurring to remove statues, that is a fact you haven't present anything that proves this.

The big ticket statue removals have all been part of a democratic process. Elected officials and representatives of the people.

There has been vandalism on some that has not been democratically sanctioned as well that do not receive the support you allege.

Of course, I personally sympathize with them for the same reason I don't object to the Saddam statues being toppled.

It is also a fact that polls have shown the majority of American do not support removing statues.

Too bad local communities aren't dictated by everyone else's precious feelings.

You are attempting distort, to make up the meaning of what I posted because in fact it is true. I posted, that educators and education is this country leans left, you said conspiracy I never said that or insinuated such.

You immediately follow this with an ideological conspiracy theory.

Twitter, Google, Facebook, and Yahoo the first that come to mind. All far left media outlets that try to control speech. They now dictate what the liberal media reports. I’m saying companies are making decisions because they are afraid of this is mob not necessarily believing in the issue of the month the mob is promoting.

Please explain the origins of this mob, why in your imagination it is oriented in a clear politics ideology, and why it is in the interests of the big companies you allege to be associated with this to promote an ideology that wants to end their existence.
Please explain the origins of this mob, why in your imagination it is oriented in a clear politics ideology, and why it is in the interests of the big companies you allege to be associated with this to promote an ideology that wants to end their existence.

The 'mob' is liberal extremists who found out the liberal media loves to promote stories about boycotts. Their joint effort became so effective all they usually have to do is just suggest a boycott. This is what the companies are afraid of. It has proven effectiveness to intimidate companies into supporting their cause.
Kaiserschmarrn wrote:Your question makes no sense in response to what I wrote.

The statue was erected in the late 19th century and it therefore is part of the historical record of that time. Ironically, by changing it, it would be you who'd rewrite history, as the inscription would not be the one Australians back then had actually chosen. As you profess to care for historical accuracy, it's odd that you would think this is a good idea.

So no you want a fictionalised version of history. You argument is we should leave everything unchanged is just nonsense. Changing a plaque (I'm mostly ok with) or removing a statue (not something I'm in favour of
) is not rewrting history. History needs to be understood and the past needs to be examined to be understood.
Finfinder wrote:Twitter, Google, Facebook, and Yahoo the first that come to mind. All far left media outlets that try to control speech. They now dictate what the liberal media reports. I’m saying companies are making decisions because they are afraid of this is mob not necessarily believing in the issue of the month the mob is promoting.

Far left media outlets? the idea that the left control the media is farcical. The idea that the far left controls anything is just complete unhinged. The media has bunch of biases most of them commercial. Some are what I would call liberal or progressive rather than left. The mainstream media is not advocating the complete tearing down of capitalist society and restructuring on the basis of economic equality,
One Degree wrote:
This is like saying one wheel of a bicycle is irrelevant. The media encourages the extremists, so more extremists take action, which results in more media coverage etc. Both are essential for the idiocy to become a political cause.

The media favours sensationalism , hype. No one here actually put forward the removal of cook's statue, though it don't stop some of the media running with the headline. some people said the plaque should be changed as the statement he "discovered the region" was inaccurate.
pugsville wrote:Far left media outlets? the idea that the left control the media is farcical. The idea that the far left controls anything is just complete unhinged. The media has bunch of biases most of them commercial. Some are what I would call liberal or progressive rather than left. The mainstream media is not advocating the complete tearing down of capitalist society and restructuring on the basis of economic equality,

Really is there a need to be so dramatic and to change my quote clearly I said tries to control. Are you saying the media reports the news fairly? Now if you really believe that, you are unhinged.
'"Don't call us alt left, quit saying liberals, liberals are not leftists, the media is only concerned about profit."

The above demonstrates how a disinformation campaign works. Confuse the facts by concentrating on terminology.
One Degree wrote:'"Don't call us alt left, quit saying liberals, liberals are not leftists, the media is only concerned about profit."

The above demonstrates how a disinformation campaign works. Confuse the facts by concentrating on terminology.

Do you have an actual argument or are you just going to do these not-very-sneaky attacks on those of us who disagree with you?

EU is not prepared on nuclear war, but Russia,[…]

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]