Improving History - Forget To Avoid Repeating - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Those who do not remember the past are condemned to relive it. Note: nostalgia *is* allowed.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
"Mistakes of the past will never be repeated once we can forget how to repeat them."

If we consider today's history is censored by academia and lacks diversity and creativity. In the past history was controlled by government and religion. But how will history look in the future after humanities next great paradigm shift? Find out how we can improve history!

We can’t learn from history without knowing how to understand it. It seems to be a rare person who can separate their current moral philosophy from their interpretation of history. Until we can teach people to do that, they might be better off not reading history. They use history to repeat history because they never understood it to begin with.

Edit: First, I admit to posting before viewing the video. Second, I watched the video which basically says all politically incorrect interpretations of history must be banned. What a friggin’ moron.
SolarCross wrote:Lol, that vid is satire surely?

Up to recently, I would have accepted it as an attempt at humor, but this lunacy actually seems to be catching on.
One Degree wrote:Up to recently, I would have accepted it as an attempt at humor, but this lunacy actually seems to be catching on.

That's true. We'll just have to call Poe's Law on this one:

Without a clear indication of the author's intent, it is difficult or impossible to tell the difference between an expression of sincere extremism and a parody of extremism.

There was something in the narrator's voice that sounded to me like he was trying not to laugh as he spoke, could we take that as an indication of intent?
One Degree wrote:We can’t learn from history without knowing how to understand it. It seems to be a rare person who can separate their current moral philosophy from their interpretation of history. Until we can teach people to do that, they might be better off not reading history. They use history to repeat history because they never understood it to begin with.

Edit: First, I admit to posting before viewing the video. Second, I watched the video which basically says all politically incorrect interpretations of history must be banned. What a friggin’ moron.

Ah my good sir as the creator of the video I assure you I did not mean what I said in the Film. I simply applied the SJW laws of removing everything offensive to history in this satirical work in order to show how stupid the offended are.
Prosthetic Conscience wrote:Without bothering to watch this video, I will point out a previous effort they gave to us: viewtopic.php?f=63&t=168553&p=14785941#p14785941

As I said then: "I think this becomes true art when Hitler accepts Walt Disney's invitation of a vacation at Disneyworld, to relax from the hard work of fighting a war against the USA".

HAHA but come on was that not way more entertaining then the real WWII to learn about!
SolarCross wrote:That's true. We'll just have to call Poe's Law on this one:

There was something in the narrator's voice that sounded to me like he was trying not to laugh as he spoke, could we take that as an indication of intent?

The work is satire meant to poke fun at those who want to sterilize everything from everything offensive.
One Degree wrote:Up to recently, I would have accepted it as an attempt at humor, but this lunacy actually seems to be catching on.

I agree this purge on everything offensive is already sterilizing our modern discussion by the combined forces of the offended, its only a matter of time before somebody makes the documentary I made but without the intent of satire at its heart.
trustyoursources wrote:Ah my good sir as the creator of the video I assure you I did not mean what I said in the Film. I simply applied the SJW laws of removing everything offensive to history in this satirical work in order to show how stupid the offended are.

Thank you for the clarification.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Then why do Mexicans keep going to USA? IIRC, […]

@Pants-of-dog If you put it to a vote, you'd fin[…]

Are you hoping I want aids? No, I want you to b[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Then why are people like you so worried about The[…]