Joseph Smith Jr. was given his own County, Printed His Own Money, and Claimed to Speak to God - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Those who do not remember the past are condemned to relive it. Note: nostalgia *is* allowed.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Joseph Smith Jr. is a fascinating American Prophet and conman. He made up an entire new bible from an artifact he refused to reveal. He became so popular in OH that he tried printing his own money and was given an entire County of Caldwell Missouri. Craziest of all he had a personal army! I bet the 1830's in the Midwest were a lot like far cry 5!

Biography of Joseph Smith Jr. -
I find everything about the founding of the Mormon religion absurd. Yet, it seems to have created a culture of excellent people and been the proponents of great humanitarian vision. What would we do without their library?
They are a great example of the virtues of local autonomy. Just because you disagree with everything about their religious basis, does not deny their success.

I was actually unaware :lol: Before he was […]

It is interesting you ignored all the other measu[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Every accusation is a confession Why sexual v[…]

Indeed. It is strange, but they're all over the in[…]