Hitler was Sun of God - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Those who do not remember the past are condemned to relive it. Note: nostalgia *is* allowed.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Rich
So the first question that interests me in relation to Hitler, Marx and Freud is: was any thing they said, that was new, true? Or put the other way, was anything that they said, that was true, new?

If the answer to the first question is negative, then my second question would be, were they the the popularisers, if not inventors of true and new ideas or did they bring together true ideas in new combinations even if the ideas themselves were not new.

So far, my answer to the first question is no for all three men, I'm not sure about the second.

My next question is whether fascism existed? Existed in the sense that it was some kind of new phenomena, distinct from what had gone before. The fact that some politicians, eg Mosley Hitler and Mussolini, claimed to be following a new ideological path can not be taken as proof, I'm fairly certain that if you investigate history seriously you will find other examples of politicians claiming to be following a new unique ideological path, when in fact that is not the case. I think a big part of the problem (analytically) is that many people have difficulty coming to terms with the unbearable lightness of history. I mean at first sight Mussolini just looks like a Shogun character to me, and Hitler is just another dictator (Using the term in its post Republican Rome meaning).
Rich wrote:If the answer to the first question is negative, then my second question would be, were they the the popularisers, if not inventors of true and new ideas or did they bring together true ideas in new combinations even if the ideas themselves were not new.

Literally every 'new idea' is just a unique combination and/or distillation of older ideas. Nothing is new.
By Potemkin
Local Localist wrote:Literally every 'new idea' is just a unique combination and/or distillation of older ideas. Nothing is new.

^ This. Even the Hegelian dialectic, which revolutionised Western philosophy, was essentially just a working out, in a modern context, of some implications of the philosophy of Heraclitus.
Franklin D. Roosevelt could be considered the flip or opposite side of Hitler and Re at noon. FDR represented the maternal aspect; Hitler, the paternal direction in government. In the Roosevelt household, the father was rarely present; the future President was a mama's boy. A tyrannical father presided over the Hitler family.

Economic collapse propelled Roosevelt and Hitler to power in the same year, 1933. Both used the power of government to destroy the old economic and political order. Roosevelt created a nurturing welfare state; Hitler established a regimented society.

While the swastika was Hitler’s sun, the maternal Roosevelt was “pregnant” with a more potent “sun”: the atomic bomb. Both Roosevelt and Hitler received fatal damage to the brain: Roosevelt from a stroke; Hitler from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. The sun gods descended and died. The suns touched the earth as atomic bombs exploded in New Mexico, Hiroshima, and Nagasaki. Sunset and time for Tem.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Well decades after we are still here. So for all […]

I'm not American. Politics is power relations be[…]

@FiveofSwords If you want to dump some random […]

…. I don't know who in their right mind would be[…]