Cruelest regime/nation/'people' in history - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Those who do not remember the past are condemned to relive it. Note: nostalgia *is* allowed.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
litwin wrote:"Let us begin with this evident fact: Muscovy does not belong at all to Europe, but to Asia. It follows that judging Muscovy and the Muscovites by our European standards is a mistake to be avoided."—gonzague de reynold, 19501 In methodological terms, one should de-Europeanise any analysis of Muscovy policy.— thomas gomart, 20062 "

That is true. The Russian character has a tremendous amount of Asian aspects. Those who know that culture know that is very true.

It is influenced by Europe too. Russia is interesting. It is a long history and it is also a nation of enormous contrasts.
Tainari88 wrote:That is true. The Russian character has a tremendous amount of Asian aspects. Those who know that culture know that is very true.

It is influenced by Europe too. Russia is interesting. It is a long history and it is also a nation of enormous contrasts.

i disagree, Muscovite "high" culture is a copy of French HIGH culture. + Moscow empire badly oppresses (economically, culturally ) its colonial subjects .

what do you know about cultures of Moscow ´s colonial subjects ?

I like Circassian and Altai-Mongol -Siberian anti-colonial cultures very much

litwin wrote:i disagree, Muscovite "high" culture is a copy of French HIGH culture. + Moscow empire badly oppresses (economically, culturally ) its colonial subjects .

what do you know about cultures of Moscow ´s colonial subjects ?

I like Circassian and Altai-Mongol -Siberian anti-colonial cultures very much

Litwin, Russia was an Empire. What do Empires do in human history?

Opress its colonial subjects.

So that does not surprise me. But it had a revolution. And the Tsar was gone from power.

What replaced it? And why?

You favor the US form of Empire. What I find interesting is that you do not like the Russian Empire but like the US Empire. Why? because the Americans are unknown to you. If you figure out the premise that all IMPERIALISM is basically illegal land grabs and grabs for power and wealth. Domination of other societies via force.

They are all IMMORAL.

That is what you need to know.

And work against that concept. Do not be naive. The US Empire is the one that threw the A Bomb on the Empire of Japan. Another Empire. Who also was invading its neighbors in naked power land grabs.

They all do the same thing. Germany lost WWII due to too many invasions, wars and land grabs.

Some of these Empires are good at land grabs and can settle the dispute within reason. Others are going to lose these wars and pay a heavy price for it domestically. Might even lose power domestically.

I have never trusted Empires. I don't understand the many who do. For me? They are the definition of excusing the unjustifiable.
Tainari88 wrote:Litwin, Russia was an Empire. What do Empires do in human history?

Opress its colonial subjects.

So that does not surprise me. But it had a revolution. And the Tsar was gone from power.

What replaced it? And why?

You favor the US form of Empire. What I find interesting is that you do not like the Russian Empire but like the US Empire. Why? because the Americans are unknown to you. If you figure out the premise that all IMPERIALISM is basically illegal land grabs and grabs for power and wealth. Domination of other societies via force.

They are all IMMORAL.

That is what you need to know.

And work against that concept. Do not be naive. The US Empire is the one that threw the A Bomb on the Empire of Japan. Another Empire. Who also was invading its neighbors in naked power land grabs.

They all do the same thing. Germany lost WWII due to too many invasions, wars and land grabs.

Some of these Empires are good at land grabs and can settle the dispute within reason. Others are going to lose these wars and pay a heavy price for it domestically. Might even lose power domestically.

I have never trusted Empires. I don't understand the many who do. For me? They are the definition of excusing the unjustifiable.

was an Empire, or is an empire ?

@litwin how is this war going to end in your mind?

Victory for Ukraine with the return of all land seized by Putin's forces?

Or a stalemate and some kind of troubled ceasefire and eventually peace between Ukraine and Russia?

Or Russia losing economically, militarily and politically?

How do you see this war panning out?

I am finding that the more it drags on the more deadly it becomes for both parties.

How many years is this going to drag on and on with innocent people getting killed? It is always harder on the civilians in the nation being invaded. Always.

I find it very hard to think of all that loss of life.

And more and more war.....will it lead to a nuclear situation?

Russia is a nation with a lot of nukes.

Will it use it or not? Will Ukraine import nukes and use it on Russia? It is getting really bad.

I hope rationality and peace come soon. ASAP.
Tainari88 wrote:@litwin how is this war going to end in your mind?

Victory for Ukraine with the return of all land seized by Putin's forces?

Or a stalemate and some kind of troubled ceasefire and eventually peace between Ukraine and Russia?

Or Russia losing economically, militarily and politically?

How do you see this war panning out?

I am finding that the more it drags on the more deadly it becomes for both parties.

How many years is this going to drag on and on with innocent people getting killed? It is always harder on the civilians in the nation being invaded. Always.

I find it very hard to think of all that loss of life.

And more and more war.....will it lead to a nuclear situation?

Russia is a nation with a lot of nukes.

Will it use it or not? Will Ukraine import nukes and use it on Russia? It is getting really bad.

I hope rationality and peace come soon. ASAP.

Moscow empire´s decolonization . age of the empires has gone ...
Attachments
F-WpVZ5WUAAdF0k.jpg
litwin wrote:Moscow empire´s decolonization . age of the empires has gone ...

I agree get rid of the empires. That means the Russian empire ideas. But it also means getting rid of the US empire and any other nations thinking Empire needs to do a repeat visit in history.

Decolonize everyone.

Everyone agrees to get rid of nuclear weapons.

The US has to get rid of Empire and so does everyone else. But having Russia get rid of Empire, and then the US keep it and then weaponize it to dominate EU, and PRC and anyone else that might compete and they remain in the Empire position? No. It all has to be dismantled. Especially the nukes. They are a threat to humanity and its survival as a species.
Tainari88 wrote:I agree get rid of the empires. That means the Russian empire ideas. But it also means getting rid of the US empire and any other nations thinking Empire needs to do a repeat visit in history.

Decolonize everyone.

Everyone agrees to get rid of nuclear weapons.

The US has to get rid of Empire and so does everyone else. But having Russia get rid of Empire, and then the US keep it and then weaponize it to dominate EU, and PRC and anyone else that might compete and they remain in the Empire position? No. It all has to be dismantled. Especially the nukes. They are a threat to humanity and its survival as a species.

Muscovite empire´s ideas (ideologies ) are very backward, outdated, primitive . Once, the map will be reshaped , Mongol - Muscovite imperialistic ideology (s) will die out

my present for you :

Chinese academic Deng Xize : "No more Mongol-Muscovy style empire: Thoughts on the war in Ukraine, The global reaction to the war in Ukraine in fact shows that such empires will no longer be tolerated."​
The Mongol-Muscovy style empire could be defined as a dominating, rapacious empire upheld by violence, especially unruly violence, and exhibiting three prominent characteristics.

First, it uses unruly violence as a regular means of resolving international disputes. While violence is common and sometimes necessary in political or social governance, rules have been set for its use under a modern lawful democratic system. Unlike in ancient times, the use of violence now comes under heavy restrictions and is “predictable”. Such an evolution also applies to international relations.

https://www.thinkchina.sg/no-more-mongo ... ar-ukraine
Attachments
1692562167684.jpeg
When it comes to cruelty, I was struck by this story, although the title is misleading as the girl was culturally Jewish and was only a quarter Jewish by biological heritage.

What a cruel and heartless man that Martin Bormann was. This was a completely harmless relationship that brought happiness to Bernhardine, her mother, Hitler and many Germans through Heinrich Hoffmann's photographs. I have to say I never liked Bormann, I think he was always my least favourite Nazi.
litwin wrote:Muscovite empire´s ideas (ideologies ) are very backward, outdated, primitive . Once, the map will be reshaped , Mongol - Muscovite imperialistic ideology (s) will die out

my present for you :

Chinese academic Deng Xize : "No more Mongol-Muscovy style empire: Thoughts on the war in Ukraine, The global reaction to the war in Ukraine in fact shows that such empires will no longer be tolerated."​
The Mongol-Muscovy style empire could be defined as a dominating, rapacious empire upheld by violence, especially unruly violence, and exhibiting three prominent characteristics.

First, it uses unruly violence as a regular means of resolving international disputes. While violence is common and sometimes necessary in political or social governance, rules have been set for its use under a modern lawful democratic system. Unlike in ancient times, the use of violence now comes under heavy restrictions and is “predictable”. Such an evolution also applies to international relations.

https://www.thinkchina.sg/no-more-mongo ... ar-ukraine

Yes, I watched the video. And the author of that video message is correct. There is a strong criminal element to Putin's authoritarian style of governance. He is an authoritarian. Trump lacks Putin's discipline or self discipline. But Trump is also an admirer of authoritarian regimes. That is obvious.

I have always on a political scale despised authoritarians. I believe that the best critics of how bad an authoritarian government is? Are the anarchists. A good critique of government is usually made by people who are the ultimate anti authoritarians. Anarchists. And the truth is the abuse of power by authoritarian regimes both on the Right and the Left are problematic in the extreme in my opinion. Killing people off is major criminal behavior.

I tested myself on that. I am into liberties. Not authoritarianism. I really despise authoritarian regimes. Justify your authority is my motto.

So, I am also liking law based on consent and expanded rights. But I have no tolerance for drug dealers, and rapists and criminals that harm society. But, the society rarely does what it needs to do to prevent crime. Mainly, take care of its people. WELL.

Give everyone basic needs. And great educations. And opportunities for being independent and having dignity and respect as a whole.

Make life a place where you can live with respect and dignity. If you do that? Crime rates will always be rare and manageable. Fail to do that? The opposite will occur. People fail to understand more authoritarian controls and less consensual agreements with dignity and respect, and more violence and turbulence you will have as a society.

Authority has to be earned. By being responsible. And being good at caring about and getting positive results for a human society through logic, and excellent organizational skills and emotionally intelligent legislation also done. It has to be based on humane principles. Not gangsterism and crap.

I never liked authoritarians because deep inside that philosophy it is about fear. Not the opposite of fear. And if it is about fear? Crime is not far away as a consequence.
Tainari88 wrote:Yes, I watched the video. And the author of that video message is correct. There is a strong criminal element to Putin's authoritarian style of governance. He is an authoritarian. Trump lacks Putin's discipline or self discipline. But Trump is also an admirer of authoritarian regimes. That is obvious.

I have always on a political scale despised authoritarians. I believe that the best critics of how bad an authoritarian government is? Are the anarchists. A good critique of government is usually made by people who are the ultimate anti authoritarians. Anarchists. And the truth is the abuse of power by authoritarian regimes both on the Right and the Left are problematic in the extreme in my opinion. Killing people off is major criminal behavior.

I tested myself on that. I am into liberties. Not authoritarianism. I really despise authoritarian regimes. Justify your authority is my motto.

So, I am also liking law based on consent and expanded rights. But I have no tolerance for drug dealers, and rapists and criminals that harm society. But, the society rarely does what it needs to do to prevent crime. Mainly, take care of its people. WELL.

Give everyone basic needs. And great educations. And opportunities for being independent and having dignity and respect as a whole.

Make life a place where you can live with respect and dignity. If you do that? Crime rates will always be rare and manageable. Fail to do that? The opposite will occur. People fail to understand more authoritarian controls and less consensual agreements with dignity and respect, and more violence and turbulence you will have as a society.

Authority has to be earned. By being responsible. And being good at caring about and getting positive results for a human society through logic, and excellent organizational skills and emotionally intelligent legislation also done. It has to be based on humane principles. Not gangsterism and crap.

I never liked authoritarians because deep inside that philosophy it is about fear. Not the opposite of fear. And if it is about fear? Crime is not far away as a consequence.

i have a question , why US is so relaxed toward Moscow jihadi imperialism ? specially radical left ? even sympathetic toward Moscow genocidal , imperialistic , oppressive expansionism
litwin wrote:i have a question , why US is so relaxed toward Moscow jihadi imperialism ? specially radical left ? even sympathetic toward Moscow genocidal , imperialistic , oppressive expansionism

I think they see it as a problem with NATO wanting to destabilize Russia and China and have the USA as the only superpower in the world forever. The USA is very much a warmongering nation. For many reasons. But the Pentagon is very powerful as an institution in the USA and as such if they find a strategic interest in destabilizing Russia by having them engaged in a long protracted war with its neighbor nation of Ukraine? They can make money off of it selling arms to Ukraine, and it can also destabilize Russia by making it spend money slated for domestic growth and programs on war. A win-win situation for the US government.

The extreme Left in my opinion that thinks that Putin is less of a threat than the US government is to world peace is a bit controversial among different leftist groups in the US.

For me, Authoritarians are not to be trusted. Again, you have to justify your authority.

Russia should have spent its time, money, and efforts on raising wages for the Russian citizens and doing affordable and safe housing, and spending money on science, sports, space programs, medical research, boosting agriculture, and promoting the arts and culture from Russia. In other words, doing POSITIVE things with the money they had. They did not. Instead, you have huge inequality in income gaps and oligarchic mafia-style people in powerful positions sucking up to Putin day and night. Repression of many people in Russia who want gay and trans rights, and other things that in the long run are not productive for Russian culture and people.

So many things to do in Russia if you are a Russian leader. If you want something from Ukraine? Be civilized and negotiate, talk and trade for it. And be humane always. Respectful behavior goes a long way, and treat them like neighbors with a long history and with deep respect. Ukraine has always had a lot of Russian nationals living there. Treat them with respect, not decide to go to war and kill. The US has promoted its economic model for Russia. Did capitalism really transform Russia economically? The poor stayed poor and the rich got richer. That is not really a big leap forward. But? The ex-Soviet Union had a lot of rot and internal contradictions. The US is getting internal rot as well. Human societies and their governments need to be a lot more fair and just with domestic and foreign policy goals. Do not try to keep people under pressure to come out on top. The competition model soon will be impossible to sustain with what is coming in the future. So all of this is going to have to change.

This is my point of view on it. The better you are known as a trustworthy and respectful and considerate Russian leader? The better it turns out for all your people.

Now? Getting future Ukrainians to trust the Russian government is going to be very hard. They should have considered the future. But nationalist authoritarians only see things in the short term. They have a very myopic vision of international political relationships. It is the wrong tactic in my opinion litwin.
Tainari88 wrote:I think they see it as a problem with NATO wanting to destabilize Russia and China and have the USA as the only superpower in the world forever. The USA is very much a warmongering nation. For many reasons. But the Pentagon is very powerful as an institution in the USA and as such if they find a strategic interest in destabilizing Russia by having them engaged in a long protracted war with its neighbor nation of Ukraine? They can make money off of it selling arms to Ukraine, and it can also destabilize Russia by making it spend money slated for domestic growth and programs on war. A win-win situation for the US government.

The extreme Left in my opinion that thinks that Putin is less of a threat than the US government is to world peace is a bit controversial among different leftist groups in the US.

For me, Authoritarians are not to be trusted. Again, you have to justify your authority.

Russia should have spent its time, money, and efforts on raising wages for the Russian citizens and doing affordable and safe housing, and spending money on science, sports, space programs, medical research, boosting agriculture, and promoting the arts and culture from Russia. In other words, doing POSITIVE things with the money they had. They did not. Instead, you have huge inequality in income gaps and oligarchic mafia-style people in powerful positions sucking up to Putin day and night. Repression of many people in Russia who want gay and trans rights, and other things that in the long run are not productive for Russian culture and people.

So many things to do in Russia if you are a Russian leader. If you want something from Ukraine? Be civilized and negotiate, talk and trade for it. And be humane always. Respectful behavior goes a long way, and treat them like neighbors with a long history and with deep respect. Ukraine has always had a lot of Russian nationals living there. Treat them with respect, not decide to go to war and kill. The US has promoted its economic model for Russia. Did capitalism really transform Russia economically? The poor stayed poor and the rich got richer. That is not really a big leap forward. But? The ex-Soviet Union had a lot of rot and internal contradictions. The US is getting internal rot as well. Human societies and their governments need to be a lot more fair and just with domestic and foreign policy goals. Do not try to keep people under pressure to come out on top. The competition model soon will be impossible to sustain with what is coming in the future. So all of this is going to have to change.

This is my point of view on it. The better you are known as a trustworthy and respectful and considerate Russian leader? The better it turns out for all your people.

Now? Getting future Ukrainians to trust the Russian government is going to be very hard. They should have considered the future. But nationalist authoritarians only see things in the short term. They have a very myopic vision of international political relationships. It is the wrong tactic in my opinion litwin.

i see, the Useful Idiots , who would NOT SURVIVE A WEEK IN A GULAG camp ( IN THE world without NATO ) , I am sure , you know many of them, can you send this video ( IN THE world without NATO) to you leftist friends ? this book was Drawn by a former GULAG guard ....

Attachments
51261907.png
Tainari88 wrote:I think they see it as a problem with NATO wanting to destabilize Russia and China and have the USA as the only superpower in the world forever. The USA is very much a warmongering nation. For many reasons. But the Pentagon is very powerful as an institution in the USA and as such if they find a strategic interest in destabilizing Russia by having them engaged in a long protracted war with its neighbor nation of Ukraine? They can make money off of it selling arms to Ukraine, and it can also destabilize Russia by making it spend money slated for domestic growth and programs on war. A win-win situation for the US government.

Pure evil.... Correction: The baby daughter is not 5 months, she is 5 weeks old (it's said in your screenshot article), so is being cruel pathological psychopaths a Mongol - Muscovite thing ?

litwin wrote:i see, the Useful Idiots , who would NOT SURVIVE A WEEK IN A GULAG camp ( IN THE world without NATO ) , I am sure , you know many of them, can you send this video ( IN THE world without NATO) to you leftist friends ? this book was Drawn by a former GULAG guard ....

Litwin it is a mistake to think that the only nation on Earth that is a threat to humanity is Russia, and that the USA is innocent, the USA threw two atomic bombs on another nation in its war arsenal during WWII. To think the US is not warmongering and ignoring that because you focus only on Putin's bad politics is not being politically intelligent. I am sure you know a lot of dummies on the Right where you are from.

Thinking, Moscow is terrible that means Washington DC is innocent is for foolish people with a total ignorance of facts and history. My stance is consistent. Imperialism leads all the nations who practice it, down the wrong path. They waste money on arms and war, neglect domestic needs, never face the reality that they can't control all the elements in the world and that wasting resources when there is much better things and goals to achieve with the money collected from the working people and businesses of their own nations is a fool's way of dealing with governance.

Criminal behavior on the part of government is not going to lead to peace and stability for anyone. Criminals are those willing to violate international law and be discriminatory based on if a nation has power and money, or if it is a nation that is poor and fairly powerless and can't oppose the more predatory Imperially minded nations' agendas.

Ukraine is not the most powerful or wealthy nation in the world is it? So it is vulnerable to other nations with more $$$$$$$$ and more weapons and more manipulations. Period. It is criminal to do that shit. But? The USA does that ALL THE TIME TOO.

Meanwhile, you excuse the US and criticize Moscow. Hypocritical dude you are. And you blame all Lefties without distinction. Prejudiced. I find you very limited in analysis. That is my opinion Litwin. I am sure ou find all Leftists the same, and horrible and associate them with the enemy. You are another person falling for fake news and lack of understanding of how everything has to be studied on a case-by-case basis.

I am tired of DENIALS from the men in this forum who do not even live or work in the USA at all and have not even visited once the country, yet you think the USA is the hero nation in all this. It is not intelligent in the least to be that way. I lived in the USA from the age of five years old until 14 years old. Then from 21 until 53 years old. How many years have I lived and worked and dealt with the USA and its culture, people, and economics and society? What about 40 plus years. And Puerto Ricans are US citizens since birth. Second class ones but there are no immigration restrictions for Puerto Ricans who pack their bags and go stateside. None. So? My opinion is shit because it is leftist and socialist, and yours is gold about the USA because you hate the Russian Empire behavior and the good guys have to be capitalist Yankee people who are NICE GUYS. That is simplistic bullshit that anyone with half a brain would discard. I do not think because you are Ukrianian you are not human. You are human. As a human I can guess correctly that you eat breakfast, lunch and dinner, and drink water and other drinks, that you pee, poop, and talk and type. I also can guess you speak your native language, you studied English, and you like computer stuff. You also have internet that is stable where you live. I do not know if you are in Canada, or you are in Europe, or you are in Ukraine? Do not know that. But I do know that it is arrogant to throw everyone on the opposite of your political views on the cruel and horrible people column just because you think the US government is the lesser of two evils or because any government that can take Russia out of the equation is to be trusted innately.

I do not trust Imperialist governments. They mostly war among themselves. I would like there to be a position of all the nations that refuse to be placed in a fucking sandwich between the PRC and Russia vs The USA and the EU....or the EU vs USA, or EU vs PRC etc. Fuck that shit. Most nations are like Mexico. They have no skin in the game either way. Mexico is not going to send its soldiers and money to go and back some USA adventurism in the world, nor is it going to confront the Russian Federation with language that is offensive . What does Mexico gain from such stupidity diplomatically speaking. Mexico is not going to be trying to invade half the world to be a superpower. Most nations do not have the time, the money, the manpower or the arms to do such a thing. Instead Mexico has the most signed trade agreements in the entire world Litwin. it does business with the entire world. Why? So they can survive. It is also the reason why the drug trade is problematic. Because the USA has enormous amounts of DRUG ADDICTS demanding that Mexico, Central America and South America produce the shit for all their drug addicts in the major US cities. They blame Latin America. Capitalism states that if there is a profit to be had and there are people wanting the profits that the market will be created and whoever meets the demands reaps the profits. And the USA created the demand. Their failed drug policies never work to eradicate the problem of drug addict behavior in the USA. Fentanyl, oxycontin, and who knows what else? Heroine from Afghanistan, Cocaine from Colombia, Marijuana from Mexico or Central America, and everything in between....for what purpose? For the American drug addicts in the USA.

They need to fix their own domestic issues before wanting to control the world and make everyone else choose sides and do their bidding with threats and bullshit. That is my opinion litwin, take it or leave it.

It only makes you out as falling for bad and paid-for-cheap propaganda. As they say, you have watched too many Hollywood movies. Geopolitics in the real world as practiced is not about Hollywood versions of events. It is about real-world human behavior and how the abuse of power leads to major mistakes in the long run. That is reality. Not what you think it is.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

I have never been wacko at anything. I never thou[…]

I think a Palestinian state has to be demilitariz[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]