A better world without American Revolution - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Those who do not remember the past are condemned to relive it. Note: nostalgia *is* allowed.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
The world might have been a better place if the American Revolution had never happened, according to Andrew Roberts, author of The Last King of America: The Misunderstood Reign of George III.

In a review of the book in the February 7, 2022, edition of National Review, Roberts is quoted: “a world in which the American Revolution never took place could have been one in which a united British-American global empire would have been far too powerful for Kaiser Wilhelm II to threaten war in 1914, so no Bolshevik Revolution, no Adolf Hitler, no Cold War.”

He also suggested, “British and Canadian liberals joining with Northern abolitionists might have voted to abolish slavery in the 1830s or 1840s, sparing the United States its Civil War.”

As a believer in the Multiverse, I suspect Roberts’ alternative timeline exists somewhere.
Yet another overly Euro-centric world history entirely ignoring the likes of India, China and Japan (and, of course, Africa)
Patrickov wrote:Yet another overly Euro-centric world history entirely ignoring the likes of India, China and Japan (and, of course, Africa)

The West/America made China rich, and made Japan rich, and made S. Korea rich, and by scam-phoning every Westerner trying to steal their credit card info they're going to make India rich too :lol:

Im only 30% kidding of course.
Unthinking Majority wrote:The West/America made China rich, and made Japan rich, and made S. Korea rich, and by scam-phoning every Westerner trying to steal their credit card info they're going to make India rich too :lol:

Im only 30% kidding of course.

The question is exactly, without American Revolution, would all places you stated above achieve prosperity without involving such massive multi-generational scam?
Patrickov wrote:The question is exactly, without American Revolution, would all places you stated above achieve prosperity without involving such massive multi-generational scam?

I dunno. What i do know is the losers (literally, not figuratively) tend to whine about being victimized while rarely if ever pointing out anything being their own responsibility.

Now take Jewish people generally. They've been horribly victimized throughout history and yet just keep winning. Moral of the story: stop whining, get educated, make money.

As for the OP, it's much too hard to speculate.
Unthinking Majority wrote:Now take Jewish people generally. They've been horribly victimized throughout history and yet just keep winning. Moral of the story: stop whining, get educated, make money.

As a matter of fact Jews excel in both getting educated and making money, and to a lesser extent Chinese.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

I have never been wacko at anything. I never thou[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]