Why did the Chinese Nationalists do so poorly against the Japanese in World War 2? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Those who do not remember the past are condemned to relive it. Note: nostalgia *is* allowed.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I understand that China had internal political turmoil between the nationalists, warlords, and communists, and how unlike Japan which was allowed to modernize relatively undisturbed, China had to modernize while under the sanctions of several unfair treaties by the Western powers that prevented them from properly expanding militarily. I'm also aware that the Chinese army was a lot more autocratic and corrupt than the more decentralized and well trained/strategic japanese army. That being said, I still can't fathom how they were able to lose nearly 20,000,000 of their own people to Japanese while the Japanese themselves only lost around 70,000. It just seems too ludicrous especially considering that China was fighting with industrial equipment and weaponry provided to them by the Soviets and formerly the Germans at the time.

Well, it turns out Palestinian propagandists just […]

It is not legitimate for protesters to harass stud[…]

Would be boring without it though. Yes, the oth[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Do you think US soldiers would conduct such suici[…]