Which country do you consider the greatest long term threats to your PERSONAL way of life? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Which country do you consider the greatest long term threats to your PERSONAL way of life?

USA
46%
Russia
7%
China
37%
EU
2%
Iran
2%
Lybia/Syria
No votes
0%
SA
No votes
0%
NK
No votes
0%
UK
4%
Other Country
2%
Julian658 wrote:Any Western nation that decides to go WOKE (as many are starting to do) is bad for the average person. Once the West is destroyed the replacement will not be any better.

You need to define "go WOKE" and explain how this would destroy the West.
"WOKE" is what racist conservatives like to call it when their racism is seen for what it is.

At the same time, as in everything, some people take it to an absurd degree. The vast majority, however, do not.
Godstud wrote:"WOKE" is what racist conservatives like to call it when their racism is seen for what it is.

At the same time, as in everything, some people take it to an absurd degree. The vast majority, however, do not.

I want to hear his narrative. It seems far more effective to refute him using his own words, because he could simply dismiss others' words as opinion or hate mail.
Don't you think that "woke destroying the West" isn't excessive hyperbole, @Patrickov?

I am sure men spoke like this when some wanted women to get the right to vote. It would "destroy the West". :roll:
Godstud wrote:Don't you think that "woke destroying the West" isn't excessive hyperbole?

That's why I asked him. I want to see his rationale exactly because I fail to see that.

In this case, if he cannot explain his own words there is no point to do it for him.
Patrickov wrote:Projecting any country other than the United States as the biggest long term threat is based on what's happening now, not imagination. The bolded part has never been in the equation.

Yes it is based on your imagination. There is no country more dangerous to the world today than the U.S. empire and it's not just me who believes that, but also the vast majority of people on this board who voted the U.S. more than all the other countries combined.

Even at home where about half the country don't have any or adequate healthcare, it's dangerous. Not to mention the intermittent mass shootings that seem to be a part of American culture.
Godstud wrote:Don't you think that "woke destroying the West" isn't excessive hyperbole, @Patrickov?

I am sure men spoke like this when some wanted women to get the right to vote. It would "destroy the West". :roll:

SAN FRANCISCO

POOP GRAFFITI in SAN FRANCISCO
SAN FRANCISCO STREETS

The same can be seen in many major cities including Seattle, LA. etc. All under WOKE management.

Wokeness

Before analyzing Wokeness as a status system, we must understand it as a quasi-religious doctrine. Unlike scientific theories or other empirical claims, the basic tenets of Wokeness are held with sacred fervor. Those who challenge them are not debated; rather, their motives are denounced, and they are cast out of polite society like heretics. To take just one example, when someone objects to the Woke principle that “diversity is a strength,” committed believers rarely greet the objection as an opportunity for argument. Instead, they attack the apostate for his sacrilege, and accuse him of unspeakable moral treachery (see table below for other examples).

The chief dogmas of Wokeness are that:

All demographic groups are roughly biologically the same (which we have termed cosmic egalitarianism elsewhere).
Bigotry is pervasive.
Almost all disparities among demographic groups are caused by bigotry.
If we all work really hard, we can create a more just, multicultural society.
Diversity is almost always a good thing.
These dogmas have far-reaching consequences. For example, dogma 2 compels Woke believers to view almost every human action as tainted, and possibly determined, by some kind of racial or sexual bias. When Serena Williams, for example, severely scolded an umpire and was docked a game, Woke pundits and preachers rose as one to announce that her punishment proved that sexism and racism still plague tennis. That her punishment might be the impartial response of the tennis umpire was hardly considered; and those who did consider it were met with derision and invective.
https://quillette.com/2018/09/21/the-pr ... awokening/

WOKE and anti racism have become religion. This movement is no different than MAOISM and STALINISM. The West is doomed once these morons take over.
Julian658 wrote:Image
SAN FRANCISCO

POOP GRAFFITI in SAN FRANCISCO
SAN FRANCISCO STREETS

The same can be seen in many major cities including Seattle, LA. etc. All under WOKE management.

Wokeness

Before analyzing Wokeness as a status system, we must understand it as a quasi-religious doctrine. Unlike scientific theories or other empirical claims, the basic tenets of Wokeness are held with sacred fervor. Those who challenge them are not debated; rather, their motives are denounced, and they are cast out of polite society like heretics. To take just one example, when someone objects to the Woke principle that “diversity is a strength,” committed believers rarely greet the objection as an opportunity for argument. Instead, they attack the apostate for his sacrilege, and accuse him of unspeakable moral treachery (see table below for other examples).

The chief dogmas of Wokeness are that:

All demographic groups are roughly biologically the same (which we have termed cosmic egalitarianism elsewhere).
Bigotry is pervasive.
Almost all disparities among demographic groups are caused by bigotry.
If we all work really hard, we can create a more just, multicultural society.
Diversity is almost always a good thing.
These dogmas have far-reaching consequences. For example, dogma 2 compels Woke believers to view almost every human action as tainted, and possibly determined, by some kind of racial or sexual bias. When Serena Williams, for example, severely scolded an umpire and was docked a game, Woke pundits and preachers rose as one to announce that her punishment proved that sexism and racism still plague tennis. That her punishment might be the impartial response of the tennis umpire was hardly considered; and those who did consider it were met with derision and invective.
https://quillette.com/2018/09/21/the-pr ... awokening/

WOKE and anti racism have become religion. This movement is no different than MAOISM and STALINISM. The West is doomed once these morons take over.

Da hell is "woke" management. This happens under any management, especially incompetent ones. The major problem for homelessness is absence of work and high rent/real estate prices. While there is enough work in San Fransico, the real estate prices and rent are abnormally large. This has nothing to do with Woke or Unwoke management and a lot to do with tax cuts that have been happening in the US and especially California and Florida since the 70s and 80s.

Read about it and read how the process of building new homes changed since the 70s. Read how this process has been harming US democracy by creating gated communities etc.
skinster wrote:Yes it is based on your imagination. There is no country more dangerous to the world today than the U.S. empire and it's not just me who believes that, but also the vast majority of people on this board who voted the U.S. more than all the other countries combined.

Even at home where about half the country don't have any or adequate healthcare, it's dangerous. Not to mention the intermittent mass shootings that seem to be a part of American culture.

China is much more dangerous than the United States. I have already said that those voting the United States are mistaken at best.

China has clearly shown that any calls for holding their elites to account will result in jailing, or worse, deadly mob violence on the part of their advocates (21 July and 31 August 2019). As proved in Myanmar, China's behaviour encourages such violent suppression, even when the said violent group claims to be anti-China.

As for healthcare, China is far from decent. It's easy to find how China sucks in that. I expect you, as a Chinese advocate, should be able to read this in Chinese and I don't have to translate.

Another side evidence is that Hong Kong wouldn't have such a population problem if it's so bad compared with China.

The suppression is right at my place. My local councilor is going to be disqualified for helping out in a survey that most of my contemporaries are happy to participate, just because China paranoidly sees it as a threat.

I do not have to imagine anything. You are the one imagining things.
@Julian658

Your very close-up images do not show anything significant. As @Godstud and @JohnRawls say, it can be anywhere in the world.

And frankly, United States has never been renowned for neatness.

Diversity is a strength, but I don't think racial diversity is the only kind of diversity on the table. I look more for political diversity, that means different people having different ideas or even goals sitting together and work out how they should move forward in a civilized manner.

As I see, you seem to hate those anti-racists and anti-sexists very much, presumably because you think they curb your freedom of thought and speech. While I do think some of them always accusing others for being racists or sexists are either exaggerating matters or being hypocritical, I don't find them worth such hate as you have demonstrated.

I rather hate oppressive countries and their apologists, which -- back to the topic -- is what I perceive as the greatest threat to my personal life. Oppressive countries, headed by China and Russia, are very probably forcing my contemporaries and relatives to consider emigration to escape the corruption and brutality.

I fail to see why people would think the United States, which actually makes people voluntarily go there (so much that Trumpists find it a problem), would be "a bigger threat".
@Patrickov I can understand your vote for China because you live in Hong Kong and Beijing has been bullying the shit out of HK in recent years. But China has little direct impact on people's lives once you leave its borders. As you state yourself emigrating would allow you to escape Beijing's influence.

Patrickov wrote:I fail to see why people would think the United States, which actually makes people voluntarily go there (so much that Trumpists find it a problem), would be "a bigger threat".

Many Latinos emigrate to the US to flee the violence and poverty that the US inflicts across Latin America.
Godstud wrote::lol: @Julian658 I can find pictures of that in every major city in the world and it has nothing to do with "wokeness". You're really grasping at straws, buddy! :knife:

Actually places on the west coast like California and Vancouver have some seriously horrible homeless problems, and some of it has to do with government policy.
Unthinking Majority wrote:Actually places on the west coast like California and Vancouver have some seriously horrible homeless problems, and some of it has to do with government policy.

It stems from the fact that California and nearby was one of the first places to start severe tax cuts and shifted to a CID housing development model. Probably more reasons then that but this is often considered to be the main one.
Unthinking Majority wrote:Actually places on the west coast like California and Vancouver have some seriously horrible homeless problems, and some of it has to do with government policy.
I can find you a great many places with poor government policy. Some imaginary "wokeness", or "Cultural Marxism" or whatever other conspiracy theory is popular, has nothing to do with it.
Godstud wrote:I can find you a great many places with poor government policy. Some imaginary "wokeness", or "Cultural Marxism" or whatever other conspiracy theory is popular, has nothing to do with it.

Is government in California a key part of this homelessness problem? What is the cause? Since you know what isn't the cause surely you must know what it is then.

In California they allow endless numbers of homeless people to set up tents and whatnot and live on the boardwalk of Venice Beach, and of course along the sidewalks etc. This is a policy. Dare not offend anyone. The "woke" judges in Cali ruled that you can't remove a person's private property if they lay it on public property, which is the dumbest thing i've ever heard. If they want LA and SF to grow sprawling 3rd world shanty town slums like India they're off to a great start.

Would you like this to happen to your city?

anna wrote:More like decades of unaffordable housing combined with weather an unhoused person can survive in year round.

Good weather is a part of it I agree.

A sane person who can't afford a house in LA or SF would move to a cheaper state. A lot of these people are addicts and mentally ill, runaways etc. Either way, you don't allow your city to become a slum, maybe help these people.

What do the tweets say? Read them? They have ex[…]

Dude, YouTube is your source? You are not a serio[…]

World War II Day by Day

They are words that will always ring true. So lo[…]

“Whenever the government provides opportunities […]