Which country do you consider the greatest long term threats to your PERSONAL way of life? - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Which country do you consider the greatest long term threats to your PERSONAL way of life?

USA
46%
Russia
7%
China
37%
EU
2%
Iran
2%
Lybia/Syria
No votes
0%
SA
No votes
0%
NK
No votes
0%
UK
4%
Other Country
2%
Godstud wrote::lol: @Julian658 I can find pictures of that in every major city in the world and it has nothing to do with "wokeness". You're really grasping at straws, buddy! :knife:

Most major large cities have a woke type government.

You are correct! The same can be seen in Paris and London.
The cities are a dystopia, a version of the future to come when the lefties dominate politics all over the world.
Conservatives don't put up with that shit. The homeless are mostly a bunch of drug addicts and mentally ill people that congregate in woke cities. It is a total disgrace!
Patrickov wrote:@Julian658

Your very close-up images do not show anything significant. As @Godstud and @JohnRawls say, it can be anywhere in the world.

And frankly, United States has never been renowned for neatness.

Diversity is a strength, but I don't think racial diversity is the only kind of diversity on the table. I look more for political diversity, that means different people having different ideas or even goals sitting together and work out how they should move forward in a civilized manner.

As I see, you seem to hate those anti-racists and anti-sexists very much, presumably because you think they curb your freedom of thought and speech. While I do think some of them always accusing others for being racists or sexists are either exaggerating matters or being hypocritical, I don't find them worth such hate as you have demonstrated.

I rather hate oppressive countries and their apologists, which -- back to the topic -- is what I perceive as the greatest threat to my personal life. Oppressive countries, headed by China and Russia, are very probably forcing my contemporaries and relatives to consider emigration to escape the corruption and brutality.

I fail to see why people would think the United States, which actually makes people voluntarily go there (so much that Trumpists find it a problem), would be "a bigger threat".

You fail to see that the extreme left in Western nations are religious zealots. They do not believe in a deity, they believe in totalitarianism and control of the people. It is a lot like Maoism who had its own bible "the red book". They cannot have arguments! All they do is throw insults and shut people down with cancel culture. In a deity religion known as excommunication.
Julian658 wrote:Conservatives don't put up with that shit. The homeless are mostly a bunch of drug addicts and mentally ill people that congregate in woke cities. It is a total disgrace!
That you think about people in such a manner is a disgrace! :knife: Conservatives are assholes who only care about the rich.
Godstud wrote:That you think about people in such a manner is a disgrace! :knife: Conservatives are assholes who only care about the rich.

The rich are also people and I like to get -- and stay -- rich too. Some parts of the world (NOT the United States) are too often the opposite of what you say and I don't find that appealing. If anything it is worse because the poor in power are often filled with spite against everyone else.

That said, some places like Bangladesh is quite good with the government caring for the general public instead of the rich, but in those places the rich are very much nonexistent.
Godstud wrote:@Patrickov Please tell me where the POOR are in power. What planet is that on? It certainly isn't on Earth.

China. Those in power have the mind of poor people, and most voters voting them in Hong Kong are poor. Any wealth they have are not earned in their own right, but at best beneficiary for holding the state machine. Rich people like Ma Yun and Li Ka Shing never actually get along with the regime.

Pol Pot of Cambodia and Ho Chih Minh of Vietnam were also of the similar kind.
B0ycey wrote:No UK?

If we go by the question in hand to me it is the UK. Not that I think the UK is a threat to the world or to my well being, but to my personal way of life, well I have just lost my rights as an EU citizen and may have to claim Scottish citizenry in the future to regain them. We also have the Tories in power and BoJo needs to be replaced by Sunak to at least build bridges before the next election. The rest of the choices although have home and international issues, aren't influencing my life at the moment.

Better than having what little democracy available stripped away and being thrown into a legal dictatorship pushed by foreign interest groups. Boris and the Conservatives are in power because they were elected. Perhaps the key here is to try and be objective and think of those who didn't want to be forced into a political union that they never voted for or be ruled by the unelectable oddities that make up the so-called opposition.

The point being, be careful of what you wish for.
Rebirth wrote:Better than having what little democracy available stripped away and being thrown into a legal dictatorship pushed by foreign interest groups. Boris and the Conservatives are in power because they were elected. Perhaps the key here is to try and be objective and think of those who didn't want to be forced into a political union that they never voted for or be ruled by the unelectable oddities that make up the so-called opposition.

The point being, be careful of what you wish for.

The world is forming into two superpowers. China and America. Russia will always be in the fringe but that is where they will stay. But a collective Europe, that is a potential third superpower especially now they are taking responsibility for their own security more seriously now. And the UK? Well our days of empire are over. It may not even be possible to retain the union in a generations time. So I know what I am wishing for. Do you? Because the way I see things sooner or later, if the EU continues to progress in the right direction, the UK are going to be returning to the EU not because I want them to, but because they will have to in order to retain some form of geopolitical influence.

The UK also have more in common with Europe than we do with America in terms of ethics and politics. Many of the EU law that has been copy and pasted into British law will be retained. We will also largely keep to their standards as the UK have strived for better standards. So the idea that we have lost sovereignty or power when we had a veto is ignoring how the EU works.

And finally on the Tories being democratically elected. They won the most seats but they didn't win the majority of votes. FPTP isn't the best democratic form given some votes are worth more than others. Had we had electoral representation we would have had a rainbow coalition of remain parties in power. So how about that for being objective?

When you don't mind Scottish independence in order to claim duel citizenship in order to regain your previous rights, you have to conclude that whoever is in power is a threat to you personal way of life. I am not saying the UK is a bad nation or a threat to world peace or whatever but they have effected the things I believe in and my way of life - you know, the poll.
B0ycey wrote:The world is forming into two superpowers. China and America. Russia will always be in the fringe but that is where they will stay. But a collective Europe, that is a potential third superpower especially now they are taking responsibility for their own security more seriously now. And the UK? Well our days of empire are over. It may not even be possible to retain the union in a generations time. So I know what I am wishing for. Do you? Because the way I see things sooner or later, if the EU continues to progress in the right direction, the UK are going to be returning to the EU not because I want them to, but because they will have to in order to retain some form of geopolitical influence.

The UK also have more in common with Europe than we do with America in terms of ethics and politics. Many of the EU law that has been copy and pasted into British law will be retained. We will also largely keep to their standards as the UK have strived for better standards. So the idea that we have lost sovereignty or power when we had a veto is ignoring how the EU works.

And finally on the Tories being democratically elected. They won the most seats but they didn't win the majority of votes. FPTP isn't the best democratic form given some votes are worth more than others. Had we had electoral representation we would have had a rainbow coalition of remain parties in power. So how about that for being objective?

When you don't mind Scottish independence in order to claim duel citizenship in order to regain your previous rights, you have to conclude that whoever is in power is a threat to you personal way of life. I am not saying the UK is a bad nation or a threat to world peace or whatever but they have effected the things I believe in and my way of life - you know, the poll.

You are wrong. America is not on par with China. Largest financial institutions are already in China. Chinese economy is projected to be 7-8 times bigger than that of the US.
Istanbuller wrote:You are wrong. America is not on par with China. Largest financial institutions are already in China. Chinese economy is projected to be 7-8 times bigger than that of the US.

Your idea of a superpower is finance and projections? :lol:

Jeez are you real? The only criteria for a superpower is size, presence, influence and military capacity. China and America are dominant on specifics of these but neither have a collective monopoly. But even if I accepted your claim that China was a much stronger superpower (I would say America currently are due to their military spending), why does that mean we only have one superpower anyway? It would just mean one was strong than the other and that is it.
B0ycey wrote:Your idea of a superpower is finance and projections? :lol:

Jeez are you real? The only criteria for a superpower is size, presence, influence and military capacity. China and America are dominant on specifics of these but neither have a collective monopoly. But even if I accepted your claim that China was a much stronger superpower (I would say America currently are due to their military spending), why does that mean we only have one superpower anyway? It would just mean one was strong than the other and that is it.

We are not living in Mongol era. Supremacy does not come with bare hands of fighters.

Only criteria is financial power today. Everything comes with financial well being. America was a net exporter country once upon a time. It was creating surpluses. Americans did military equipment with that financial suprluses. That is how America emerged as a superpower. Those days are passed away.

You see that Chinese economy creates huge surpluses which never seen before in history. It is a sign of a healthy economy. There is only proper superpower and that is China.
Istanbuller wrote:We are not living in Mongol era. Supremacy does not come with bare hands of fighters.

Only criteria is financial power today. Everything comes with financial well being. America was a net exporter country once upon a time. It was creating surpluses. Americans did military equipment with that financial suprluses. That is how America emerged as a superpower. Those days are passed away.

You see that Chinese economy creates huge surpluses which never seen before in history. It is a sign of a healthy economy. There is only proper superpower and that is China.

Being finance is merely a human construct, in terms of power, it is a subjective metric. But even if China was a stronger superpower, it wouldn't change that America is also a superpower anyway which was my point.

You are a poor debater. Not only are your opinions wrong they don't even make sense most of the time.
B0ycey wrote:Being finance is merely a human construct, in terms of power, it is a subjective metric. But even if China was a stronger superpower, it wouldn't change that America is also a superpower anyway which was my point.

You are a poor debater. Not only are your opinions wrong they don't even make sense most of the time.

China can increase its defence spending any time it wants. It is just a government decision. China's decisions change US's status. You have a booming country on one side and you have a shrinking one on other side. It is not possible for America to rival China under these circumstances.
Istanbuller wrote:China can increase its defence spending any time it wants. It is just a government decision. China's decisions change US's status. You have a booming country on one side and you have a shrinking one on other side. It is not possible for America to rival China under these circumstances.

Whatever happens in the future needs to happen. Currently America is the larger economy and it has the bigger military. That might well change but I don't see America losing its status of superpower in my lifetime even if we had economic collapse. It may even become number two as you claim. But so what? China is number two now and can get away with almost everything as conflict with America is pyrrhic and world ending as it would be if the roles were reversed.
B0ycey wrote:Whatever happens in the future needs to happen. Currently America is the larger economy and it has the bigger military. That might well change but I don't see America losing its status of superpower in my lifetime even if we had economic collapse. It may even become number two as you claim. But so what? China is number two now and can get away with almost everything as conflict with America is pyrrhic and world ending as it would be if the roles were reversed.

You will see it in just a couple of years. It just took 5 years for China, coming from scratch, overtake Japan GDP. It was half of Japan's GDP in 2005. It become bigger than Japan in 2010. See below.

I bet you will see that US to lose its status before Biden's term expires.
Istanbuller wrote:You will see it in just a couple of years. It just took 5 years for China, coming from scratch, overtake Japan GDP. It was half of Japan's GDP in 2005. It become bigger than Japan in 2010. See below.

I bet you will see that US to lose its status before Biden's term expires.

The graph does not justify what you see.

It takes 30 years of crash and stagnation on Japan's part to have it overtaken.
Does this graph actually tell China is going to go up?

I can say it instead suggests China is going to stagnate or broke just like Japan before it!
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

will putin´s closest buddy Gennady Timchenko be […]

The October 7th attack has not been deemed a genoc[…]

https://youtu.be/URGhMw1u7MM?si=YzcCHXcH9e-US9mv […]

Xi Jinping: "vladimir, bend down even lower, […]