Was Youtube Right to Ban the Alt-Right? - Page 36 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Was Youtube Right to Ban Bismarck?

YES
50%
NO
50%
QatzelOk wrote:Religious taught everyone this way of building a manipulative narrative for selfish gain.
:roll: Yet this is exactly what you are doing now, in regards to the Pandemic(which exists despite your lies to the contrary). I am sure the irony is lost on no one.
Godstud wrote:... in regards to the Pandemic...

This thread isn't about the pandemic.

Can a moderator please come in and decontaminate this page and do a contact-trace on anyone who read this infected Godstud post.
QatzelOk wrote:Yes, if my child is sick, and only a Moderna patented medicine can save the beautiful young soul's precious life, bla-bla-bla where's your compassion, thinkofthechildren.com.... etc.

Forget COVID vaccines. Other vaccines (technology) have saved an untold number of lives of children around the world.
Unthinking Majority wrote:Forget COVID vaccines. Other vaccines (technology) have saved an untold number of lives of children around the world.

Yes, but that doesn't mean that it's a good idea to let someone stick an experimental one into your arm, after the government protects the corporation against liability if it damages you.

Precedent doesn't work when you're talking about brand new tech.

And savethechildren.com is a trite way to defend corporate malfaisance and tyranny.
QatzelOk wrote:Yes, but that doesn't mean that it's a good idea to let someone stick an experimental one into your arm, after the government protects the corporation against liability if it damages you.

Precedent doesn't work when you're talking about brand new tech.

And savethechildren.com is a trite way to defend corporate malfaisance and tyranny.

Yes is it experimental I agree. It's a cost/benefit analysis everyone has to weigh. Are the risks of taking the vaccine greater than the risks of getting COVID unprotected? Are the benefits of not taking the vaccine greater than the benefits of taking the vaccine?
The vaccines were not experimental. people pushing that narrative are fucking morons who like to deny reality.
CORRECTED-Fact Check- COVID-19 vaccines are not experimental and they have not skipped trial stages 

https://www.reuters.com/article/factche ... SL1N2M70MW

https://www.newscentermaine.com/article ... a4dfd51c47

Try pushing a narrative that you can support, instead of spreading lies and making up false statements that are easily dismissed.

This is why free speech needs to be checked sometimes. Sometimes it's just a way for people to deny reality and spread damaging lies.
Godstud wrote:The vaccines were not experimental. people pushing that narrative are fucking morons who like to deny reality.
CORRECTED-Fact Check- COVID-19 vaccines are not experimental and they have not skipped trial stages 

https://www.reuters.com/article/factche ... SL1N2M70MW

https://www.newscentermaine.com/article ... a4dfd51c47

Try pushing a narrative that you can support, instead of spreading lies and making up false statements that are easily dismissed.

This is why free speech needs to be checked sometimes. Sometimes it's just a way for people to deny reality and spread damaging lies.

They approved the vaccines for emergency use. That means they were not fully approved, and only approved because we were in an emergency situation and needed something better than nothing.

If they weren't experimental why did they approve the AZ vaccine for emergency use, give it to tons of people, and then find out people were getting blood clots and so countries stopped using those vaccines? Human guinea pigs.

For fully approved vaccines, it usually takes several years of testing to fully approve vaccines. That means you have a longer period to observe side effects instead of just a few months.

I took the vaccine because getting COVID-19 was riskier to my health, but i'm not naive to think these vaccines were tested over a decade.
Godstud wrote:... fucking morons who like to deny reality...spreading lies and making up false statements that are easily dismissed.

.free speech needs to be checked sometimes. Sometimes it's just a way for people to deny reality and spread damaging lies.

Your scare talk (swear words and accusations of crimes) is followed by a call-to-fascism (end free speech now!), which is the purpose of the psy ops, so you're at the front of the parade throwing its baton in the air.

As opposed to... thinking.
@QatzelOk Call to fascism? :eh: You've lost all common sense. Limiting hate speech and harmful speech is the cornerstone of all societies.

No one said "end free speech now". You are making up and argument that was not made. Go to a dictionary and look up the words "limit" and "end". They are not synonymous.

I hope to hell you aren't in the educational industry with such a shoddy education that you can't even differentiate words. :knife:
Godstud wrote:Limiting hate speech and harmful speech is the cornerstone of all societies.

In Oceania, this is correct (today, that is).

But tomorrow, we might be at war with something else.

Straws?

In the meantime, we can only Follow the ScienceTM
Godstud wrote:You've lost all common sense. Limiting hate speech and harmful speech is the cornerstone of all societies.

On the contrary, it is hate speech itself which is the cornerstone of all societies. It was Socrates' hate speech against the Sophists and the Democrats of ancient Athens which led to classical Greek philosophy, and it was Jesus' hate speech against the Sanhedrin and the Pharisees which led to Christianity, the ethical and religious cornerstone of Western society to the present day. Limiting hate speech is the hallmark of a degenerate society in decline.
Potemkin wrote:
On the contrary, it is hate speech itself which is the cornerstone of all societies. It was Socrates' hate speech against the Sophists and the Democrats of ancient Athens which led to classical Greek philosophy...

Hemlock for Republicans?
In my opinion? No. No dissident should have their voices silenced simply for having different ideas. Even if those ideas could potentially instigate violence, many other contemporary ideologies such as neoliberalism and neoconservatism already do, just a different kind of violence.
Atulya Mishra wrote:In my opinion? No. No dissident should have their voices silenced simply for having different ideas. Even if those ideas could potentially instigate violence, many other contemporary ideologies such as neoliberalism and neoconservatism already do, just a different kind of violence.

You praised Putin's invasion in the Ukraine as an anti-zionist endeavour.

Look at Putin spreading freedom of speech to the Ukrainian people just like he spread freedom of speech to the Russian people who protested the war or those who published his corruption or disagreed with him.

Yet here we are being lectured in freedom of speech by fascist Russian bots. :knife:

Youtube is right to ban whoever it feels like and PoFo is right to ban all the trolls falsely believing that they will impose their Hitleristic narrative.
Sandzak wrote:@Noemon All the far right parties in Europe have to hope of an Russian Invasion, which would install this parties in power.

I think you are using your short-term memory a bit more than you historical memory.

We know what Putin's idea of a client state is. It is the old Warsaw Pact. Those who were nominally "in charge" in those countries had no power at all. They were not allies of the USSR, they were vassals.
Drlee wrote:I think you are using your short-term memory a bit more than you historical memory.

We know what Putin's idea of a client state is. It is the old Warsaw Pact. Those who were nominally "in charge" in those countries had no power at all. They were not allies of the USSR, they were vassals.

You are right they would be vassals.

Le Pen in France and her party (RN) is financed by Moscow...
Sandzak wrote:You are right they would be vassals.

Le Pen in France and her party (RN) is financed by Moscow...

So was, to a large extent, Trump's I imagine. At least he did not have to pay for a ton of advertising.

Russia is a pariah state and has been since just after WWII.
I remember a thread about 4 few centuries ago asking "Was the Religious Elite right to burn the Alt-Witches?"

I was against burning the Alt-witches because reasoning and wisdom require divergent information sources.

Very well, this is explicit too: Those acts show[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

French President Emmanuel Macron announced that U[…]

I was amused by her obedience to the ruling ide[…]

Dunno, when I hear him speak, the vibe I get from[…]