Your Foreign Policy View - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

What is your Foreign Policy View?

Nationalist
9%
Internationalist
38%
Liberal Interventionist
9%
Imperialist
5%
Realist
18%
Neoconservative
5%
Other (please elaborate)
15%
By JohnRawls
Internationalist . Liberal Internationalist is a failed foreighn policy of the United States . Exporting Liberal Laws and Right to other countries will fail .

As history has shown it has to start with Economical cooperation and intergration than it will slowly move to other fields like International laws and rights and then finally joint defense policy . (The eu is a good example of that )

Just exporting laws and rights fails because mostly INTERNATIONAL LAW is a creation of the western law systems ( Common Law and European Continental Legal System ( Roman law , Germanic Law whatever you call it ).

They need to understand our life style AND the Capitalist part in it before they can recieve them . Without them it will fail . Shariah law doesn't not follow the princples of Democratic Capitalist system , atlhough lately we have been fixing this trend. Making it more 'democratic' and 'capitalist' mostly in Uk thought. Same things are gonna happen in Germany probably soon.

But the competence of Shariah law in europe is small. It is mostly about Family law and Encheritance law.

Without understanding our Lifestyles , they will not understand International Law , since the foundation of that law are western Morals AND Habits ( May be not the most correct word ).
By Annatar
Realist

Morality has no place in foreign policy, global governance doesn't work, states are the only serious actor in international affairs, each state looks out for its own interests and last but not least war is a legitimate tool in foreign policy.
By redcarpet
war is a legitimate tool in foreign policy

Only pacifists like myself would disagree. Am I right in guessing you mean beyond defense? Do you also endorse wars of aggression?
By Annatar
Am I right in guessing you mean beyond defense?

You are right.

Do you also endorse wars of aggression?

If a war of aggression is in the national interest, winnable, achieving a profitable solution by dimplomatic means impossible and the national interest great enough to justify the widespread destruction of life, then yes.
By Meslocusist
Internationalist
By Dr House
Realist, for the reasons Annatar outlined.

This poll should allow more than one response. Realism, neoconservatism and imperialism all fall within the purview of nationalist foreign policy. Isolationism and armed neutrality do, too.
By Annatar
Realism, neoconservatism and imperialism all fall within the purview of nationalist foreign policy.

Neoconservatism is a globalist ideology and so is its foreign policy.
By Nets
I voted Neoconservative, but could easily place myself in Liberal Interventionist as well. I do believe that it was and is the United States' destiny to be world policeman.
By Fasces
It is clear most people here do not know what those labels actually mean in an academic way, including the author of the poll. I am a constructivist realist, if it makes any difference, when it comes to issues of international affairs.

Politically, I am a realpolitik nationalist.
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
Armed but anti-intervensionist.

I have no idea what any of these terms really mean though. :lol:
By NoRapture
I am a citizen of the world. We're all on it together. Cultures, religions, systems, ideologies, and histories.
By Dr House
Annatar wrote:Neoconservatism is a globalist ideology and so is its foreign policy.

Right, my bad.
By War Angel
I'm a Nationalist. I realise everyone has aspirations, but I still cannot allow what's mine to be harmed. My own comes first, under any circumstances. My family, my friends, my people and my country.

Beyond that, I'd say I'm a 'Realist', though that's something of a misnomer.
By Sgt Pepper
I'm a nationalist, it's my country, it's none of your business. My country comes first under any circumstance.
By grassroots1
Internationalist is the closest out of the list. I was looking for non-interventionist, but internationalist is probably even better.

"Realist?" Could there be an even more vague category? "I'm a realist" says absolutely nothing. I believe in things that are real?
By Donna
Realist/nationalist, I suppose. Countries should cautiously mind their own interests and avoid both imperialist and internationalist foreign policies.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

so now do you understand why Argentina wants to […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

If the actual claims are being ignored and we are […]

The English are identifiable genetically. Of cou[…]