* The war was started for political reasons, with both sides pointing the finger at the other (similar scenario as the start of WWI)
* Your country eventually kills about 25% of your enemies total population, and over half that figure is civilian casualties
* Your country eventually has about 10% of your total population killed, and about 2/3 of your deaths are civilians
* However, your country has allied deaths about equal to your total deaths.
* Civilians weren't activily targetted by either side, but everyone knew that civilians were being killed, but no one cared enough to even pretend to try to stop.
* Most civilian deaths were from artillery mistakes or bombing runs over cities.
* Total civilian deaths are roughly equal
* Populations are roughly equal.
* Your enemy had higher total deaths then any other country involved.
* Genocide is defined for this scenario as: "The systematic and widespread extermination or attempted extermination of an entire national, racial, religious, or ethnic group."
So, has a genocide occured, and if so, who committed it on who?