Are you European? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Are you European?

Yes
58%
No
27%
Maybe
10%
Other
5%
By W01f
Maybe. All four of my grandparents were born in Europe, but both my parents were born in Canada.
By stalker
NO

I am Eurasian, and oppose European cultural imperialism (including their attempts to define Russia as part of Europe).
By Dr House
Goddamnit Stalker.

Anyways, Other: I'm partly European.
By Varilion
It's one of the flew thing about my life which I'm sure about: 100% European, no mistake ;)
By Dr House
Also @ Wolf, you live in an European diaspora nation and have no non-European admixture. You're European.
By ingliz
Yes
By Thunderhawk
Do some Tatars (and Italians?) in an otherwise mostly European ancestral tree make me non-eligible?

Fuck it, Eurasian.
By Holt
Yes

Of mixed extraction (though I do have a Melanesian somewhere in my ancestry).
By Cartertonian
Maybe.

To a geographer - Yes

To a sociologist - No

For myself, I occupy a position of internal conflict and ambivalence. In purely theoretical terms, I support moves to break down international barriers and move progressively toward a 'One World' concept, but right here, right now, the pace of that progression is too fast, in my personal view.

Thus, politically, I would describe myself as 'Eurosceptic', that is to say, neither 'Europhobe' nor 'Europhile'.

;)
By Mazhi
Yes
By JohnRawls
Affirmative .
By Beren
Yes, I'm European. I was born in Europe, I've always lived in Europe, I have European (Hungarian, German and Slavic) origins, I love European culture and values and I believe in European liberal democracy. I want my country to become more and more (Western) European.

Is this actually an Opinion Poll anyway? :?:
By Captain Sam
Ethnically, yes.

My dad is Irish and was born in Northern Ireland.
My mom is Swedish and Scottish, and was born in Canada. Her Dad was also born in Canada.
By Icon
Some nebulous number of generations ago my family lived in Europe, but I don't think that makes me a European.

...Russia will conquer Ukraine. You will be happ[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Hamas massacred and kidnapped hundreds in October[…]

Supposedly Iran sent information on their attack […]

In some ways, the Debord text is a bit like Martin[…]