What are the most important things in the world to you? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

What is most important to you?

The environment
4%
My religion/God(s)
8%
Me, myself and I (including all possessions and material wealth)
20%
My career/calling in life
10%
My family and friends
36%
My nation
6%
My peoples (race/ethnicity)
3%
My pet(s)
1%
Nothing is important to me
2%
Other
10%
By Shadow Dragon
I voted for "My family and friends" and "Me, myself and I." Though my career and then nation would come next.
By W01f
I remember one time in grade 7, my teacher once asked the class: "Who are the three most important people in the world?"

I thought to myself: "Hmm, I don't know. I guess me, my mom and my dad..." and just as this thought finished processing through my mind, the entire class yelled out "ME, MYSELF AND I!" I was confused and a little embarrassed. How silly of me! Was I sick the day we were taught this?

Looking back, that's one of the first memories I have of blatant indoctrination in school. Strange that it was right-wing indoctrination, contrary to what followed in high school. Perhaps it had to do with the fact that this particular teacher was German and had lived under Nazi rule before he immigrated to Canada. Or perhaps that had nothing to do with it.

I don't consider myself any more important than the next person. I have selfish desires for a good, comfortable life like anyone else, and would easily choose my own wellbeing over that of a stranger's, but there are a number of greater goods I would sacrifice myself for, in part or in whole, including my friends and family, including my nation, including the environment (hah! just kidding about that last one).
By The Immortal Goon
My career/calling in life
My family and friends

I guess. Though me, myself, and I is probably next. Its important to me that I don't get cancer, for instance.
By Dr House
1. Family and friends
2. Myself
3. Pets
4. Nation/Ethnicity
By Potemkin
Other: my penis.
By Donna
Family, My People, and God.

Hey, I've done acid. I know what death is like.
By kingbee
Family and friends. If I had to sacrifice anything else, I would. But not them.
By FallenRaptor
Myself(although material possessions and wealth aren't that important to me), my closest friends, and my closest relatives.
By War Angel
1) Friends and Family
2) Myself

I did not check Nation or Ethnicity, as I see myself and my loved ones as being exactly that. We are the nation, the nation is us, and by preserving the nation I am preserving all that is dear to me, and vice-versa.
By JohnRawls
My peoples/race - That is, humanity.
The environment - Because we live in it.

Damn hippie :D
By Nets
Right now, career.
By Mazhi
My family and friends
By Figlio di Moros
Friends and Family, and my nation.
By Tainari88
Potemkin wrote:Other: my penis.

Now this one caught my attention, besides making me laugh out loud---it made me think just how it compares to the French penis size that is large by global standards? I think all men deeply care about two things in their physical appearance. The size of their penises and how much hair they have on their heads. If they have a lot of hair on their heads and large penises they are happy. LOL!

I voted Other first because I think the most critical virtue to improve society would be love and compassion and a sense of self sacrifice. What is best for the whole? And second, family and friends. I would do anything for those people. But, in today's society it is very hard to find true friends. I have only two really close friends. That I care deeply about in this state. Her birthday party is today. Though her real birthday was the first of December. And she is very different than I am. All her virtues I really don't possess and all of my virtues she doesn't possess. But what is interesting is that we would love to have each other's virtues. Lol. Thus a great friendship is born. I bought her a gift and she loves all my gifts. I hope she likes it. She is the only person I know who has offered to buy me the most expensive things in the world. And she says I am the only person she knows that has turned her down. Lol. We make a good match.

Love is everything. And so is compassion. Both are wonderful things.
By Figlio di Moros
Tainari88 wrote:I think all men deeply care about two things in their physical appearance. The size of their penises and how much hair they have on their heads.

That's not true- I don't care about going bald.

Taina wrote:...family and friends. I would do anything for those people. But, in today's society it is very hard to find true friends.

That's true... reminds of a brawl I was in before I joined the Navy, one of my cousin's was jumped at a party halfway to the next town. His brother and I came to help him, but the two other cats we came with bounced as soon as the shit hit the fan. When I came back in August, my cousin(the attacked cousin's brother) was still hanging with him; a few days before I got home, this Puerto Rican chick he was fucking was beat by her ex, dude barged into his apartment and fucked her up when he was at work. Another one of his roommates was sleeping in the next room and did nothing... I don't understand the fucking world we're living in, no loyalty, no morals, no fucking sack, just a bunch of fucking effeminate ricchones scared to take a fucking punch. Can't see how the fuck my cousin can hang around that kind.

Well one for example is that black people have da[…]

The more time passes, the more instances of harass[…]

He's not going to get 12 years. Relax. Yeah, the[…]

And I don't blame Noam Chomsky for being a falli[…]