Handing Back Northern Cyprus... - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Should Northern Cyprus be given back to Greece?

YES - RIGHT NOW!
20%
YES - In time with Northern cypriots given the choice to leave.
20%
YES - Move in with Military co-op with UK, take over NC.
No votes
0%
Middle of the road - Share power with both countries
20%
NO - The Turkish have made their home
7%
NO - It's Turkish land now, Greece can't have it back
7%
NO - IT'S OURS!
No votes
0%
Other
27%
By Figlio di Moros
Yes, but only if it's due to a war resulting in mass casualties and ethnic cleansing. I mean, it's be cool just to hand it back, but not nearly as entertaining.
By Aekos
Cyprus unfortunately does not belong to Greece, when did you get that idea? :?:

Anyway, of course it should. Turkey won't get into the EU without a Cyprus deal.
By Doomhammer
Turkey announced that it would soon withdraw its troops. If the negotiations between Christofias and Talat are successful, the nonsense, that is the Cyprus problem, will be solved.
By Corporatios
The real problem is the Turk emmigrants, not the turkish soldiers. The major problems of the unification are caused by their presence. Greek Cypriots naturally can't and shouldn't benefit those who took their homes. I can't understand why Talat and the Turkish Cypriots jeopardise the reunification for those illegal settlers.( I understand tbh, but it isn't right and I don't think it is in their very interest)
By eloweeth
Other
Ideally,there should be two sovereign states in Cyprus -one Turkish and one Greek- seperate from both Greece and Turkey. Island doesn't belong either side.
That's unlikely to happen though!
By Nets
Northern Cyprus should be annexed by Cyprus, and Turkish settlers should be repatriated.
By Fasces
Northern Cyprus should be made part of Turkey, and southern Cyprus part of Greece. Borders on the island should be effectively removed, allowing both populations to mingle on the island, despite the political barrier. This is the optimal solution, and all but impossible to see in my lifetime.
By Aekos
Fasces, most Turks of Northern Cyprus are not indigenous, they are settlers from Anatolia. They stole the homes of Greek Cypriots after the ethnic cleansing.
By Plaro
YES - In time with Northern cypriots given the choice to leave, or be deported.
By Fasces
Fasces, most Turks of Northern Cyprus are not indigenous, they are settlers from Anatolia. They stole the homes of Greek Cypriots after the ethnic cleansing.

Regardless of how they arrived there, they are now there. Much as I do not support repatriating the Israelis to their home countries to give the land back to Palestine, or moving the Kosovars back to Albania, I do not support forcing more men and women to move. The Greek Cypriots should ideally have the right of return to non-occupied land, and just compensation if it is unavailable, as well, but so be it.
By Godstud
Other
Cyprus should become its own country without any Turkish or Greek government influence.

I bet you'd love to watch footage of her being rap[…]

It does mean that thesis has to be proven, since t[…]

@FiveofSwords " Franz [B]oas " Are[…]

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/178385974554[…]