Politics Forum.org | The international political discussion forum.
Your PostsActive Topics  | Display:DesktopMobile
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

Was Jesus Christ a Good Person?

Was Jesus Christ a Good Person?

Yes
53%
No
11%
Other
36%

Total votes : 64
Absolutely Corrupt (x3)
Political cogitations: 6426
Absolutely Corrupt (x3)
Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:57 am
^ I don't understand this attitude either. If you are an athiest or agnostic, then by all means say so. Support it even. But there is no need, no call to belittle others who have a different opinion nor to belittle the belief. At the end of the day, no one has proof one way or the other. Its all belief.

Why on earth would we, the union workers give up our rights? Follow the money. Who benefits from union-busting? Business. Who supports business? Politicians who want money from Business.
Absolutely Corrupt (x12)
Political cogitations: 24575
Ideology: Libertarian
Absolutely Corrupt (x12)
Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:01 am
^Too bad the human mind doesn't actually work like that.
"No one in this world, so far as I know, has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby." -H. L. Mencken
1% Corrupt
Political cogitations: 35
1% Corrupt
Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:18 am
Stormsmith wrote:
^ I don't understand this attitude either. If you are an athiest or agnostic, then by all means say so. Support it even. But there is no need, no call to belittle others who have a different opinion nor to belittle the belief. At the end of the day, no one has proof one way or the other. Its all belief.

I know right. I never understood why Christians went around slaughtering an entire continent that didn't believe either. Now they have to put up with people being rude to them on the internet. It's so unfair.

When will these atheists realize that their non-belief is belief too. They're sooo arrogant.
Absolutely Corrupt (x2)
Political cogitations: 4122
Ideology: Communist
Absolutely Corrupt (x2)
Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:57 pm
ped2000 wrote:
I rest my case

What case? You've said nothing. Your recent posts are just arrogant pseudo-musings.

Stormsmith wrote:

New Atheism has attracted a whole slew of young, impressionable, internet nerds. This is all quite similar to lolbertarianism; both have attracted the worse breed of idiots.
1% Corrupt
1% Corrupt
Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:37 pm
Vera Politica wrote:
What case? You've said nothing. Your recent posts are just arrogant pseudo-musings.

New Atheism has attracted a whole slew of young, impressionable, internet nerds. This is all quite similar to lolbertarianism; both have attracted the worse breed of idiots.

Aww, someones butthurt. You going to give me another warning too princess?
Absolutely Corrupt (x2)
Political cogitations: 4122
Ideology: Communist
Absolutely Corrupt (x2)
Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:58 pm
Another excellent contributor to PoFo
1% Corrupt
1% Corrupt
Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:13 pm
So it's a pattern. Might tell you something about you then....
Absolutely Corrupt
Political cogitations: 3130
Ideology: Other
Absolutely Corrupt
Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:43 pm
ped2000 wrote:
So it's a pattern. Might tell you something about you then....

Lovely.
It really is quite true that the quality of PoFo's new users goes down during election season.

As for the poll, I voted Other. It is impossible to tell whether Jesus was a good person based upon the sources that we have, owing to the agendas of their various authors.
"Politics is the art of the possible." - Otto von Bismarck
1% Corrupt
1% Corrupt
Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:23 pm
J Oswald wrote:
Lovely.
It really is quite true that the quality of PoFo's new users goes down during election season.

As for the poll, I voted Other. It is impossible to tell whether Jesus was a good person based upon the sources that we have, owing to the agendas of their various authors.

Oh I'm sorry did I offended the high quality posters such as yourself?
I mean what with that brilliant treatise you posted there.
[+-]
Absolutely Corrupt (x5)
Political cogitations: 11918
Ideology: None
Absolutely Corrupt (x5)
Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:48 pm
Quote:
It is impossible to tell whether Jesus was a good person based upon the sources that we have, owing to the agendas of their various authors.
What? The agenda was to impose Jesus "the sign" onto some hypopthetical historical character - who just happened to be around and not doing anything else that day? Jesus the sign is what Jesus the hypothetical man produced. This is why I call it impolite and ignorant - not because of obvious freaks like ped - everyone has some warped opinion which they aren't even very interested in. It's not like picking a favorite color, and the whole topic of a historical Jesus is beside the point. If you aren't and have never been a practicing Christian why would you think you know anything at all about it?

Absolutely Corrupt (x3)
Political cogitations: 6426
Absolutely Corrupt (x3)
Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:37 pm
ped2000 wrote:
I know right. I never understood why Christians went around slaughtering an entire continent that didn't believe either. Now they have to put up with people being rude to them on the internet. It's so unfair.

When will these atheists realize that their non-belief is belief too. They're sooo arrogant.

FTR, warfare is common to all people, regardless of religious belief, or lack thereof. Arabs, Moors, and Carthiginians raided and conquored European countires long before Christianity existed, and by the looks of things, its still on-going. Ghengis Khan, Caesar, and so on had little to do with Christianity, other than to wage war on them, sometime incidently, sometime intentionally.

Wars happen. Some are justifable, some are not. Either way, it doesn't justify acting like a four year old who isn't getting enough attention from the adults, so wets on the carpet to gain notice.

As to behaving rudely: That's your call. If you wish people to believe you were made with a broad vulgarian stripe, carry on. If you want people to think of you as self-controlled, mature and rational, then you might want to change your approach. Your call.

Why on earth would we, the union workers give up our rights? Follow the money. Who benefits from union-busting? Business. Who supports business? Politicians who want money from Business.
[+-]
Absolutely Corrupt (x3)
Political cogitations: 7625
Ideology: Other
Absolutely Corrupt (x3)
Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:17 pm
J Oswald wrote:
Lovely.

Normally I'm a great fan of your pithy wisdom Oswald, but I have to be honest this is one of your duller posts.
Arguing the rise of ISIS proves, removing Saddam was wrong, is like arguing, the rise of the KKK proves Lincoln was wrong to end slavery
[+-]
Absolutely Corrupt (x5)
Political cogitations: 11918
Ideology: None
Absolutely Corrupt (x5)
Post Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:36 pm
I personally wouldn't say war is inherently embarrassing. So which war are you not a fan of ped?

Back to: Opinion Polls

Log-in to submit your comments.
More Political Forums: The Politics Forum UK. Historical Forums: The U.S.S.R. Forum, The History Forum.
© 2003-2016 Siberian Fox network. Privacy.