Should Harvey Milk Have Been A Registered Sex-Offender? - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Would Meghan's Law Apply To Harvey Milk If He Was Alive Today Doing The Same Things?

Yes, if he had sex with an underaged minor he should be registered as a sex-offender according to Law.
68%
No, he was within his rights to have sex with the 16 year old because they were reportedly in love.
19%
Maybe, if the teen was susceptible to coercion from Harvey Milk like "I'll give you a place to sleep and eat if you let me sodomize you".
10%
Other [explained in a reply]
3%
Silhouette wrote:I'd say laws like Prop 8, and others currently being written to be voted on this Fall would qualify as "backlash" against gays promoting a pedophile as their ambassador to children.

Right. Because none of those people would have opposed same-sex marriage if it hadn't been for Milk's sex life. :roll:

Then use another word. "homophobe" means "afraid of homosexuals". I'm not. In fact, mine has been an in-depth investigation as to what is behind this sudden and massive social push to legitimize sexual paraphilias as "race" and get special Constitutional protection thereby. When something odd tries to pass itself off as normal, I get involved. Call it something else, but don't call it homophobic.. "Investigative" is more accurate.

For instance, I think it's "odd" that the same homosexuals who become furious at the suggestion that their subculture embraces pedophilia, turn around and embrace a pedophile to hold out to children no less to emulate as their "quintessential gay hero ambassador". Apparently some 64% of posters voting on this thread feel the same way. I find it odd that parents would not even care, nor investigate the same book their children will read in connection with this "gay hero" that also tells how he sodomized a vulnerable, mentally ill, drug-addicted 16 year old minor and "always had a penchant for young waifs with substance abuse problems" [direct quote, page 180 from The Mayor of Castro Street; The Life and Times of Harvey Milk ]. I find it odd. And therefore I'm talking about it. It's called curiosity.

Why do you have this abnormal curiosity about Harvey Milk and his young lovers? If you're not homophobic, then why do you focus on it so much?
@Silhouette

However distasteful you may find it, if the age of consent is 16 in 34 states and sodomy has been decriminalised, it's hard to make an argument and say they are sexual deviants and "their subculture embraces pedophilia" when they bugger 16 year olds.

listed on the sex-offender's registry?

Under Californian law the age of consent maybe 18 but, if an adult is convicted of consensual anal or vaginal intercourse with a minor between the age of 14 and 17, and if the adult is within 10 years of the minor, the judge can decide whether the person should be listed on the sex offender registry.

illegal sodomizing

Through the 20th century, the gradual liberalization of American sexuality led to the elimination of sodomy laws in most states. During this time, the Supreme Court upheld the constitutionality of sodomy laws in Bowers v. Hardwick in 1986. However, in 2003, the Supreme Court reversed the decision with Lawrence v. Texas, invalidating sodomy laws in the remaining 14 states (Alabama, Florida, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri (statewide), North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, and Virginia).

— Sodomy laws in the United States (Wiki)

:)
He should have been charged as a sex offender purely on the basis of abusing an unequal power relationship during and alongside a professional capacity. He was supposed to be helping these vulnerable people; he had the power to do so, he was not supposed to be fucking them. Age in this case should not be the deciding factor. Had his victims been 16 or 26, doesn't matter.
Virtually no one in positions of power wants to take on the issues of homosexual predation. Obviously traditional Christian culture was no where near as bad as Islam when it came to the toleration of pederasty, homosexual paedophilia and the rape of boys which is just absolutely hideous. But even so its still terrible what they have got away with in traditional Christianity patriarchal culture. For example my best friend from a poor family on a scholarship at a fee paying school was sexually abused by one of his teachers.

But in the West the Left is even worse. I remember when the accusations came out about Kevin Spacey, the Left had absolutely no concern for his alleged victims. They were not concerned about his abuse of power, no what they were concerned about was that he admitted that he was homosexual, making homosexual people look bad. The Left as Joe Biden so succinctly put it prefers its truths to facts. The Left's truth is that there must only ever be allowed to be positive images for homosexuals. In same way that for the Left a "White person" can never be the victim of a "Black person" and an Infidel can never be the victim of a Muslim, so a heterosexual man or boy can never be the victim of a homosexual man or boy.

Care: 73 Fairness: 77 Liberty: 83 In-group: 70 Pur[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

You just do not understand what politics is. Poli[…]

Are you aware that the only difference between yo[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I'm just free flowing thought here: I'm trying t[…]