Homosexuality and Abortion - Page 7 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Would you abort a homosexual fetus and should it be allowed?

Yes, allowed
17
25%
No, allowed
21
31%
Yes, not allowed
1
1%
No, not allowed
24
36%
Other
4
6%
#13907749
Political correctness is basically the new Christianity, but with worse social results.


Nice try son. You had a bit of an argument going until you had to put this childish comment in there.

Why don't you post something about flying speghetti monsters too. :roll:

You equating political correctness with good behavior reinforces my earlier point about political correctness being increasingly enforced on Western societies by social censure


And that dodges the whole point. The point is that what you call political correctness is NOT some new form of behavior. It is the same old social conventions and some equally accepted new ones. You are not using the term political correctness to describe some new behavior. You are using it to denegrate a poitical position with which you disagree.

It has never, for example, been socially acceptable in polite society to personally insult a homosexual. The current trend (due in part to modern communications methods) is to expect ones public pronouncements to be consistent with the same standards always applied to ones personal ones. Is it PC to insist that a teacher not use the term darkee in a classroom? I think not. I think that the consensus of what is acceptable has clearly changed and having lived through the before I am happier with the after.

Now if one goes so far as to ban Mark Twain from the school library because of it racist language then I am with you. We can oppose that. But that is not political correctness it is censorship. I would not object to either term though as it is probably both.

Can we agree that political correctness is really an attempt to go to far in the right direction? Can we agree that it is fine to ban the term ni""er in a classroom but not in a book or in private conversation? So political correctness is NOT some new substitute for morality Christian or otherwise. Nor is it an attempt by some (mythical I believe) Marxists out to destroy America. It is really just a term we use when someone tries to deamonize behavior with which we do not disagree.
#13907756
You either didn't read my post or didn't understand it. Focus specifically on my chosen examples.

By the way, sodomy once resulted in capital punishment in many Western countries. Doesn't seem very PC.
#13907817
I read your post and I understand it just fine. For example you said:

Stating that discrepancies in achievement and behavior between various human populations has genetic causes violates political correctness, but it is not boorish.


Actually it is extremely boorish. You see, I am not naive enough to let you get away with even subtle racism. While you may think it cleaver to engage in such pointless goading on some mistaken reliance on plausable deniability, I don't. In every instance I have seen where this subject is brought up it is simply race baiting. Tell me. In what context would such information be important on POFO? It never would be. And I do not like people who race bait. That is not political correctness. It is calling an asshole an asshole.
#13907823
^
Take it easy there "PC" enforcer.


PC Enforcer
Searching for KKK by moon light
Looking out for racist speech by day light
Never surrender ground to racist plight
He is the one and not only PC enforcer!

He will never turn his back on minorities
He is always there to correct
Liberal constitution must protect
He is the one named Enfoooor......

Enforcer Captain S
Enforcer Pants
Enforcer Maas
Enforcer Stud

My inspiration
#13908609
Odd for you to bring in such a story.

I would have expected officials from the office of Equal Opportunity to come and threaten the racist tree with cutting its branches off unless it gave apples to all children equally.
#13908664
Drlee wrote:Actually it is extremely boorish. You see, I am not naive enough to let you get away with even subtle racism. While you may think it cleaver to engage in such pointless goading on some mistaken reliance on plausable deniability, I don't. In every instance I have seen where this subject is brought up it is simply race baiting. Tell me. In what context would such information be important on POFO? It never would be. And I do not like people who race bait. That is not political correctness. It is calling an asshole an asshole.

Thanks for reinforcing my point.

You are not letting me "get away" with anything--my posts are perfectly acceptable on this forum despite their offending your PC sensibilities.

Such information is important on PoFo in explaining the origins of racial disparities in achievement as well as global economic inequality.

Not that you care because you are a fanatical liberal... :roll:
#13909254
Not that you care because you are a fanatical liberal...


Grow up son. I was voting republican before you were born. You are wrong. Your idiotic "statistics" prove nothing of the sort. But racists are rarely on a search for the truth. :roll:
#13909599
Dave wrote:Revisionism.

Depends. If you accept a fixed definition for courtesy or 'being well bred' as treating people with common decency, to put people at ease, then no, its not. I'll allow little wriggle room as language is constantly evolving, which helps to explain your 'whore' example. The word seems to be adopting a less vicious tone. 100 years ago, one spoke of ladies of the night, or described someone as "being no better than s/he should". It allowed a non-judgemental conversation. The point isn't which word is used, rather, it's the intention: to insult or not.


Drlee wrote: I prefer the notion that much of what is disparaged as Political Correctness is indeed just objection to good manners

I agree. I admire people who stand their ground, who march to their own drummer, but too often people use the term 'politically correct' in a way that suggests they are about to trounce on good manners, as if the very term PC gives them licence to be as vulgar as they wish.


Dave wrote:Stating that discrepancies in achievement and behavior between various human populations has genetic causes violates political correctness, but it is not boorish.

Yes and no. As I wrote above, its down to intention. If one used the information to try and resolve an issue, fair dues, but to drag it out to insult an entire ethic or racial group is disgraceful. Take your own example of justifying abortion of poor or black people, based on some notion of eugenics. As I pointed out, there is no eugenic argument to be made here because this is simply random abortions down to personal situations. An argument for eugenics would have to involve a game plan for improvement. As it is, all one is saying is "Good for abortions. Reduces the number of riff-raff".

Conversely, one could attempt to fix social conditions. In Kuwait, everyone gets an annual paycheque from the oil profits. This lifts all native Kuwaitiis out of poverty and into a rather comfortable status. In America everyone chips in for a massive tax subsidy for oil companies who are already making record profits, thus undermining the wealth of all citizens twice over, once at the filling station and once on their tax forms.
#14175225
Other
There is no such thing as a homosexual fetus. Even if there were, there would be no way of detecting it. Homosexuality is not something genetic, it is something that comes about by environmental factors.
#14175257
I generally oppose eugenics on the grounds that our knowledge is insufficient to understand what we are doing, and that people are stupid in general. The social dislocation caused by widespread abortion of female foetuses in China is one example.

However, you can't read people's minds - you really can't know the entire reasoning process that leads up to an abortion. If you permit abortion, then you are forced to live with the fact that some people will abuse it.
#14176075
If homosexuality is a genetic thing then it may die out as gays become tolerated and don't feel forced to marry and procreate. As has been the case for eons.

So hug a homosexual today and offer all your admiration and love so we can eradicate it once and for all.
#14176802
No, and not allowed.

More generally, I oppose 'designer babies'. Apart from
preventing basic birth defects or medical precautions,
parents should accept children as they are.

A real parent is proud of their children no matter what.
#14179084
Other: "Homosexual fetuses" do not exist. Neither do "heterosexual fetuses" exist.
#14179272
Zionist Nationalist wrote:Sorry but none want a gay son the same none want an autist child.


As a parent, I can honestly say that it will not bother me at all to find out that one of my children is gay. It would, however, bother me a lot to find out that one of them had a significant mental or emotional impairment.
  • 1
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7

There is a connection since One Degree wants to […]

Remember how they swept the entire British governm[…]

I would suggest that the OP poster mediate of the[…]

Social democrats who identify as liberals are wro[…]