Web Browsers - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Which web browser do you use most often when surfing the Internet?

Chrome
44%
Firefox
38%
Internet Explorer
5%
Opera
8%
Safari
2%
Other (please specify)
3%
By Rancid
Google is a major donor to Mozilla who produce Firefox. There is no escape from google, you will be assimilated

By Corporatios
I have issues with my vision and I have a hard time using the mildly coloured google products. (gmail, chrome..ironic name)
By RhetoricThug
Firefox seems to be a great way to be great
By RhetoricThug
Donald wrote:What is Opera?

http://www.opera.com/

I only used it once on my Ipod touch. I thought it was only a 3rd party mobile browser. Looks like just another browser. Idk what certain features it has, or at least advantages.
By Rei Murasame
It's also not open-source, but this is its story:
Opera - About wrote:Opera started out in 1994 as a research project within Telenor, Norway’s leading telecom. Within a year, Opera Software ASA was launched as an independent development company. Today, Opera is headquartered in Norway, with over 700 employees in offices around the world.

Since the beginning, Opera’s founders and employees have shared the belief that access to the Web is a universal right. This has guided the company’s product development, and the Opera web browsers are adapted to a wide range of platforms, operating systems and embedded Internet products — including Mac, PC and Linux computers, tablets, mobile phones and PDAs, as well as various game consoles and other devices.

Opera Software has always strived to develop the fastest and technologically most advanced browsers. As a result, the Opera browser is the choice of some of the world’s most demanding and knowledgeable users. At the same time, when the powerful compression technology in the full browser is applied to the Opera Mini browser, the Web is accessible on even the simplest handsets, with small screens and limited memory. This has made the Opera Mini browser the world’s most popular mobile browser.

We are passionate about breaking down barriers, so everyone can share in the power of the Internet. We believe in the power of a single idea. Participation changes everything.

Opera Software ASA is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol OPERA.
By Thunderhawk
I like Opera as I can have 30+ tabs open with the browser remaining stable and just as fast. Its configurability is nice and rather useful when you have 30 tabs.
By wat0n
Opera introduced many functions that are now standard in the industry if I'm not mistaken. E.g. tabs (edit: Nvm, tabs weren't introduced by Opera).
By Plaro
I'm glad people do not use explorer, I hope Microsoft crashes and burns one of these days. After its Windows Vista (which they apparently somehow "messed it up") release, I realized Microsoft is nothing but full of crooks. Who produce all the operating systems that cost shitloads of money, and then say, wops sorry you need to buy a new one now, cause we do not support this anymore. And they know most people can't do anything but dash out the mighty dollar.

Why can you not just build one operating system, and improve on it as you go along. Scheming monopolizing innovation killing corporate bastards.
By fuser
Rancid wrote:It doesn't really matter who did it first at this point.

I agree, I don't give a fuck who started it and I am not using your product out of sympathy neither this is some sort of award ceremony.
By Corporatios
Explorer always asks for updates and service packs. My copy of Windows is genuine, but I don't have full rights on it, so I don't want to try my luck...

Does anyone use Comodo, or something like that. It was said that it is the safest browser before a year. I have used it for a little in a friend's PC and it is OK. I am just bored to download it and transfer my favourite from Firefox though.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

I have never been wacko at anything. I never thou[…]

I think a Palestinian state has to be demilitariz[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]