Will Russia invade Poland? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Will Russia invade Poland?

Very likely scenario
No votes
0%
Likely scenario
No votes
0%
50%
No votes
0%
Unlikely
15%
Very unlikely
30%
Zero chances
56%
hazelnut wrote:What are the chances of that happening?

If Russia were stupid enough to attack a NATO country, it wouldn't be Poland, it would be one of the Baltic states.

Russia's conventional forces, economy and population are all much smaller than NATO's. Russia could not afford a protracted war with the West and an invasion of Poland would trigger exactly that.

What it could possibly afford and win is a lightning fast campaign to capture territory with a large minority Russian language speakers; NATO might actually decide the risk of WW3 is not worth fighting on those terms. That's why NATO needs a significant presence in the Baltics: to deter Russia from potentially opening Pandroa's box.
I do not think it is stratigically feasible to invade Poland. There is only Kalingrad where directly one can invade, limiting operation copacity tremendously. But anyhow I'm no way an expert.

And then it's also politically unecessay, what is there to gain from invading Poland?
Albert wrote:I do not think it is stratigically feasible to invade Poland. There is only Kalingrad where directly one can invade, limiting operation copacity tremendously. But anyhow I'm no way an expert.

And then it's also politically unecessay, what is there to gain from invading Poland?

It's feasible, because Belarus is essentially a Russia puppet. But you're right, there is absolutely no sensible reason to do so right now.
Perhaps in long term there might arise a reason. But to judge historically what that reason might be: Russian Empire partitioned Poland with Prussia and Austria because Poland was a powerful enemy, occupying directly seemed to be the choice at the time (18th century).

Poland was a satellite after WW2 cause Soviet Union wanted to spread the benevolent Communist system and fight capitalism in which Poland might prove a good ally.

So if anything in future if Poland ever gets invaded it probably be more so because they will threaten security of Russia rather then anything. As I do not really see Russia becoming agresively driven by ideology in the future.

Edit:
But then again there is Putin and Syria. So perhaps Putin's ego for glory might drive a new invasion. :hmm:

You are right about Belarus though, but you see it would make sense to occupy Belarus, as it people of same culture and will add land/resources. Poland will bring difficulty, as it did when it was occupied by Russian Empire.
I voted for extremely likely. A Russian conquest of Poland will assure its dominance over Eastern Europe. Putin will then ban all political parties in Russia save the true Party. A second Soviet Union will emerge to serve the needs of humankind and liberate the world's working class from the scourge of oppression and exploitation.

The Dutch will be exiled to Greenland to spend the rest of their lives away from the rest of us.

None of this can happen without Poland being brought back into the fold of Mother Russia.
Lord have mercy upon our souls. You really had to do that Jones?

Putin should be inprisoned on the space station Mir. And then slowly letting that space station reenter the atmosphere. The treacherous troll! That treasonous pig! That little mongoloid looking piece of shit. Him and oligarch friends, the fucking liberal system it can all go hell. Checken dick sucking bitches. What did my grandfather die fighting the fucking Germans at Moscow, why so Tajiks, Uzbeks, Chechens and all the rest of them can celebrate new years at Red Square! Might as well let the Germans had occupied us, at least we would have had a functional modern economy finally. Fuuuuckkkk!
Last edited by Albert on 05 Oct 2016 10:38, edited 3 times in total.
I'm sorry Jones I know you thought what's best. I don't know what got over me. I guess the realisation of Mr Putin's stupidity, evils of liberal system and the wreck it brought Rusland is heard on me.

This solder's song of Chechen War connects best with how I feel now.

1:15
"Shall we smoke brother warrior, for us from devinity there is no buggering off. Pity the backup did not arrive, reinforcements were not send. Well usual business, me and you got fucked."

This is how solders have to fight in the modern fucking corrupt shithole liberal republic of Rusland.
Why invade?
Invasion needs an occupation force after words and they and the regime they support will be symbols to hate and cause friction. Better to have dependant allies in power who want to follow you, followed by puppets who are bought. If Russia wants to make Poland its puppet, it need only fuel division in the country - as the anti-Russian side becomes polarized and extremist it will likely become less able to govern. Their opposition can then be supported by Russia while the fuel can be turned down, making the opposition seem like a saviour.
Thunderhawk wrote:Why invade?
Invasion needs an occupation force after words and they and the regime they support will be symbols to hate and cause friction. Better to have dependant allies in power who want to follow you, followed by puppets who are bought.

A very good description of US policy. I wonder why the Russians never conceived of it. After all, it's not rocket science.
I don't think that the policy of making puppets out of countries will work for russia it doesnt need puppets it needs allies.
And the only way for russia to make it, is to join up to governments with similar ideas and history.
Never say zero, but it looks like Russians like to wait for Germany to propose it first.
Germany and Poland have a lof factories, but they get destroyed in War...

Just ressources digged deep in earth, can you after an invasion use. Europe has no mineral or fossil resources.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhTHsvuKa4s

I already said its origins are in Iran. So unsur[…]

He's a parasite

Trump Derangement Syndrome lives. :O