Will Trump be impeached? - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Will Trump be impeached?

Yes
26%
No
64%
Other
11%
Igor Antunov wrote:lol

They can't keep ignoring their image problem, or it will drop to 0% eventually. It was all instigated by RUZZIA of course.

Yep, just as I thought. You're refusing to deal with obvious facts, laugh it off, and point to something irrelevant.
NeoYeo wrote:Oh, I've heard. And it is indeed problematic and should be investigated. But as of yet, there are no results of this, and any proclamation that it shows Democrats stuffing the ballot box is premature. It could just as easily be that Republicans took those ballots. Or something else entirely that neither of us knows.

Meanwhile, there are substantiated and proven facts that Kris Kobach and friends kicked millions of people off the voter rolls so that they wouldn't be able to vote.
And this equals to voter suppression conspiracy how exactly?
I will chalk up the naivete on voter fraud to youthful ignorance. Voter fraud has always been a part of America. What? No one hear ever hear of political machines and political bosses. Richard Daley, Huey Long, etc.
Both parties are guilty of fraud. To think otherwise is naive. Historically the Democrats have been better at it.
I'm going to try and be generous and imagine that somehow the meaning of your post is agreeing that there is currently the same thing going on in this country as what has happened periodically through out our history.

The "etc.":

You'll notice I didn't exclude Democrats from election engineering. But I'm not talking about a century ago, I'm talking about right now. Voter fraud, as in where a voter shows up and commits fraud, does not currently happen in this country, and did not happen prior to voter ID being passed. The current political machine of the Republican party is engineering the electorate to advantage them, and using quasi-legal measures to do so. Voter ID, attacking voting registration groups (such as ACORN), Interstate Cross Check, amongst many other measures of kicking people off the voter rolls. Forget about the Supreme Court declaring Bush the winner in 2000, the election was "won" when the Republicans broke the law and disenfranchised black people.

Or how about the Jim Crow?

Or Kris Kobach?
Voter fraud, as in where a voter shows up and commits fraud, does not currently happen in this country, and did not happen prior to voter ID being passed.

What basis do you have for believing this? Voter fraud has always been part of our history. Why do you believe it magically changed?
The best end to Trump would be dying of AIDS or Syphillus.
I present to you, his majesty Donald Trump. Look at the hair. How can you deny his royalty?
NeoYeo wrote:Scientific studies. Many of them.

http://www.brennancenter.org/issues/voter-fraud

That's a good place to start.

No matter how "scientific" a study is, it won't be able to establish how common illegal voting is. We are obviously restricted to known cases and cannot assume that these are exhaustive, as the very nature of voter fraud makes exposing it difficult. Overstating the conclusions that can be drawn from studies and then doubling down and claiming to have exposed a "myth", as this website does, is far too common and should be rejected and denounced on principle.
Thank you. I thought of replying to that post in this manner, but decided it would be ineffective to someone who posted it as evidence and chose just to ignore it. You did much better than I would have. :up:
Kaiserschmarrn wrote:No matter how "scientific" a study is, it won't be able to establish how common illegal voting is. We are obviously restricted to known cases and cannot assume that these are exhaustive, as the very nature of voter fraud makes exposing it difficult. Overstating the conclusions that can be drawn from studies and then doubling down and claiming to have exposed a "myth", as this website does, is far too common and should be rejected and denounced on principle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance

"Voter fraud exists because you can't prove it doesn't."

If voter fraud was a widespread issue, then scientific studies on the matter would show so. I just spent a few minutes going through what conservatives say is voter fraud, and not a single issue would have been resolves with voter ID. Most of them have to do with mail in ballots, where a photo ID is not required. Or instances where if it is occurring, we can prevent it using other methods which don't prevent living, actual people from voting.

My favorite part about this idea that somehow voter fraud will be what prevents some machine from stealing an election is that, for some reason, the only thing that such a political machine can't do is produce fake ID's. You know, that thing many college kids have. Give me a fucking break.
So, your argument is we should not require ID's that prevent some types of fraud, because they do not prevent those with fraudulent ID's? :knife:
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Just to note that the secret police the heart of […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

If making a lot of money is your goal, it is bett[…]

The cause of the Oct 7 attacks is that Israel exi[…]

No, @FiveofSwords the insanity is not realizing […]