Will Trump be impeached? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Will Trump be impeached?

Yes
26%
No
64%
Other
11%
Well the FBI is now investigating him for Russian links. So it's conceivable for semi-treason reasons he could be impeached.
The republicans won both parlaiments, so it is nearly impossible. Like no other president in the last decades, Trump has 2-4 Years time and nearly incredible power to pass any law
redcarpet wrote:Well the FBI is now investigating him for Russian links. So it's conceivable for semi-treason reasons he could be impeached.

The United States has diplomatic relations with Russia. It's not considered an enemy state like it was during the cold war. Until the US decides to call Russia an enemy state, Trump could have all the ties to Russia he wants. That's not illegal. Taking bribes is illegal.
blackjack21 wrote:The United States has diplomatic relations with Russia. It's not considered an enemy state like it was during the cold war. Until the US decides to call Russia an enemy state, Trump could have all the ties to Russia he wants. That's not illegal. Taking bribes is illegal.

Russian hack claims is a serious issue. Your elections may have been manipulated by another country. It shows you a like banana republic.
I voted 'other' because I think it is a real toss up. What is going on is new. Amazing as it seems, Trump must really be out to drain the swamp based upon the hysterics of the establishment in both parties. That is a very dangerous task. Nothing would surprise me.
Clinton and her allies really have many plans both about The US and the world.

Those people are very idealist and were about to launch their all kind of plans to set up "new world order". Now they have to impeach Trump or delay their ideas for at least 4 years.
No

Those in the Republican party who think they can control him are quickly submitting to him. Every outlandish cabinet pick, every conflict of interest, every shirking of his duties...each of these is a test, to see if people will react against it. With each test, as people accept it, it will become normalized, and the next test will be bigger, with greater stakes, but it will not seem any harder than the last. Once you have one white supremacist in the cabinet, it doesn't seem any harder to accept 2 or 3 or 10. And not only the Republicans, but a large portion of the Democrats are failing these tests, which indicates that they will continue to fail every subsequent test, and permit the rise of totalitarianism at each step of the way.
One Degree wrote:I voted 'other' because I think it is a real toss up. What is going on is new. Amazing as it seems, Trump must really be out to drain the swamp based upon the hysterics of the establishment in both parties. That is a very dangerous task. Nothing would surprise me.
It seems they are. Even in Europe they are freaking out.

ANALYSIS-European anxiety deepens over "disruptive" Trump presidency

It appears they hoped the guy will back down and forget the people that voted for him. Yet that does not seem to be happening. He is also choosing people into his office that have them worried as well.

Trump is not willing to tow their liberal world order line anymore and that change has them nervous. I have to say Trump has balls, real big balls to stand up to all these assholes. Good for him, America and the West needed someone like this for a long time.
Interesting article. So many people being shocked that non stop verbal abuse could cause someone to react negatively to you.
Istanbuller wrote:Russian hack claims is a serious issue. Your elections may have been manipulated by another country. It shows you a like banana republic.

There were some brute force hacks of email accounts. Single accounts. Not a whole server. That doesn't sound like Russian intelligence. It sounds like an individual hacker did this. The FSB would have everything and leave no trace. Intelligence agencies never reveal sources and methods.

Albert wrote:Trump is not willing to tow their liberal world order line anymore and that change has them nervous. I have to say Trump has balls, real big balls to stand up to all these assholes. Good for him, America and the West needed someone like this for a long time.

Indeed. I have to laugh everytime I see Hillary and Bill wearing purple.
Voted no, Trump will not be impeached. The only real threat of usurpation would come not from impeachment, but from replacement via the 25th Amendment. This would be in effect an internal coup requiring the participation of the vice-president and a majority of the cabinet. This is a remote possibility, contingent on the idea that Trump is an actual disruptive leader.

The myth that Trump is somehow 'disruptive' will take a long time to fade. It is as ingrained in his followers as 'hope and change' was for the Obama crowd, and similarly irrational.

The features of Trump's administration are already quite clear, given his appointments and characteristic leadership style. This will be a hard-right government, period. The illusory conflict between the establishment (Romney) and the alt-right tricksters (Bannon) is one of style at best. There will be no economic nationalism and no populism. This will be straight-up neoliberal crony capitalism enforced by a newly-empowered state security apparatus.
But the one consistent thing that Trump has done since he announced he was running for President is to spout racist and bigoted ideas. He certainly does play the media into thinking he might be more moderate by "entertaining" Romney for SoS, but in the end he went with someone with corporate interests and a cozy relationship with Russia. But it is wrong to think that he is just using the alt-right. And because of that, it's not simply the continuation of the crony capitalism this country has had since Reagan, but fascism.
But the one consistent thing that Trump has done since he announced he was running for President is to spout racist and bigoted ideas.

How is this different from Hillary being the champion of minorities? They both pursued a demographic that would get them votes. Do you think Hillary believes what she said? Why would you believe what Trump said?
One Degree wrote:How is this different from Hillary being the champion of minorities? They both pursued a demographic that would get them votes. Do you think Hillary believes what she said? Why would you believe what Trump said?

Why is it you think I need to defend Hillary? I voted for her, but I did not support her.

But to answer the silly questions, Hillary didn't attack white people or white men. Any suggestion that she did isn't based in reality. She didn't call groups of people rapists or criminals. Holy hell, her slogan was "Stronger Together."

What she DID do was attack white supremacist. But that is a big difference.

Oh, and I don't believe a lot of what Trump says. But as elsewhere, this is not just about what Trump says, but his actions. He has appointed white supremacists to his cabinet in key positions, used race and bigotry whenever he can, and has bragged about molesting women.
What she DID do was attack white supremacist. But that is a big difference.

So you agree with her that one half of Trump supporters were "deplorables" meaning white supremacist?
Please explain the difference to me? I fail to see the difference between her racism and Trump's supposed racism. What is this 'big difference'?
Suntzu wrote:Seems it is the Demokraps who don't understand that the United States of America is not a democracy but a union of sovereign states, a republic. :D

The Civil War was fought to establish the fact that the several states are not in fact sovereign. They lack most of the essential powers of a sovereign state. They cannot form treaties with other nations. They cannot fight wars with other nations. They cannot impose immigration rules on travel between the states. They cannot issue their own currency.

Most importantly, they cannot choose to dissolve their association with the federal entity.

One Degree wrote:So you agree with her that one half of Trump supporters were "deplorables" meaning white supremacist?
Please explain the difference to me? I fail to see the difference between her racism and Trump's supposed racism. What is this 'big difference'?

This is literally stupid. Parties don't have admissions tests based on moral or intellectual capacity - and any that did would lose every election in the country.

This is what the Democrats have been saying to the working class for decades:

1) You're a racist.
2) You're too stupid to know what's good for you.
3) Fuck you, you're getting what you deserve.
4) Why don't you move to the city and get an education, cracker?
5) And, btw, we are the party of working America, so vote for us.

This, incidentally, does not change the obvious and undeniable fact that Trump is an idiot, and he will do even worse.
Last edited by quetzalcoatl on 15 Dec 2016 17:49, edited 1 time in total.

I am not the one who never shows his credentials […]

As a Latino, I am always very careful about crossi[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Interesting: https://jackrasmus.com/2024/04/23/uk[…]

Here are some of the the latest reports of student[…]