Should Israel have kept the Sinai Peninsula? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Should Israel have kept the Sinai?

Yes
25%
No
69%
other
6%
Zionist Nationalist wrote:Russia will not back Hezbollah in a conflict with Israel
Russia even ordered Iran and Hezbollah to stay away from the Golan heights border area

I wasn't talking about a conflict with Israel, just a complete Assad victory in Syria. His own forces might suffice near Golan.
Zionist Nationalist wrote:The SAA wont do anything without Russian agreement

Syria have become a Russian puppet now

But it also owes a great deal to Iran and Hez. They put the actual boots on the ground. Putin is afraid to do that. :)

Assad owns his life to Putin

It wouldn't be surprising if Russia demanded that Hez and Iranians stay away from the Golan area. All of Assad's allies have their hands full dealing with rebels and ISIS. The last thing they need now is a confrontation with Israel--which more radical elements like Hez might be tempted to provoke.
But I think this restraint is only tactical and temporary. The civil war won't go on forever; it may be wrapped up in a year or so. Inevitably, arab attention will again shift to Israel. If Putin, or Russia want great influence in the Mideast in the long run, they'll have to take an anti-Israel stance, just like the USSR.
I've argued this also but here's the rundown for both sides:

Pro
No war with Egypt since
Less responsibility over mostly the desert

Con
Losing land, even if desert
Ripe for terrorist activity
Should Israel have kept the Sinai Peninsula?

No. Israel is an illegitimate state and all Israelis should go back to Europe, Russia, America or wherever they traveled from in the Middle East, unless they agree to be good neighbours, call themselves Palestinians and allow for Palestinian rule. :)

Subliminal wrote:Actually, Israel has been shrinking and shrinking over the last decades.

I smell a hasbara troll. What you just stated is the opposite of reality. Here:
skinster wrote:I smell a hasbara troll. What you just stated is the opposite of reality.

By "shrinking" I think he was he was referring to the withdrawals from Sinai and Gaza.

R-G, no war with Egypt outweighed the cons, even loss of Sinai oil. Had Egypt remained a belligerent, there would've been another conflict, probably before 1990, dwarfing all prior ones.
starman2003 wrote:By "shrinking" I think he was he was referring to the withdrawals from Sinai and Gaza.

The Sinai belongs to Egypt and Gaza is still occupied and blockaded and expansion in the West Bank continues while Israel illegally controls the majority of the West Bank which is Palestinian territory, but ok, Israel is "shrinking" and not an expansionist state at all. :lol:
skinster wrote:The Sinai belongs to Egypt

Yes of course but it was occupied for a long time prior to about 1973-82. The Israeli withdrawals from Sinai reduced the area under Israeli control by maybe 50% at least. Not that Israel had any right to Sinai in the first place of course. :)

and Gaza is still occupied and blockaded

Blockaded yes occupied no.

and expansion in the West Bank continues while Israel illegally controls the majority of the West Bank which is Palestinian territory, but ok, Israel is "shrinking" and not an expansionist state at all. :lol:

Believe me I concur Israel is doing wrong, and have predicted a tragic culmination of its policies on the West Bank.
Decky wrote:Things can change quickly, the world is patient. When the US collapses there will be no one to keep propping the Zionist entity up.

I've long thought the US would experience a severe economic crisis eventually, but not for some time. Even then I think the US will be transformed not collapse entirely.
But with regard to the Mideast I agree that things could change dramatically, if not necessarily quickly. But it'll take time for internecine arab fighting to end and for the arabs to get back on their feet. Even then it'll be tough just to be able to confront Israel with the same odds as in say, '73.
skinster wrote:
No. Israel is an illegitimate state

Most states do recognise Israel.

and all Israelis should go back to Europe, Russia, America or wherever they traveled from in the Middle East,

What about the majority of Israelis who were born in the country? What about the Jews who were expelled from Muslim countries?

I smell a hasbara troll. What you just stated is the opposite of reality. Here:
[stupid fake map]

Actually, your map is a hoax:
Your sentence doesn't make sense, noir.

Subliminal wrote:What about the majority of Israelis who were born in the country? What about the Jews who were expelled from Muslim countries?

They can stay in Palestine as long as they're okay with equality / oppose zionism. :excited:

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]

Which gives rise to an equally terrible far right[…]

Imagine how delighted you will be when the Circus[…]