How to respectfully respond when someone says the R-word. - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.
Read this thread with much amusement. I think the premise is just another example of political correctness gone mad. How many other words could you pull the offence card out for if you tried?

Should all black people be offended when someone says 'blacklist'
What about 'idiot' that was originally used to describe mentally challenged people on censuses.
How about describing something as 'mental' is that offensive to the mentally challenged

How many words are we proposing to not even say anymore in favour of labelling it an '?-word'

It seems most people who can't construct an argument will resort to playing the 'mock offence card' or 'race card' to silence or disparage the party that they disagree with.

Maybe if everyone was taught 'sticks and stones may break my bones, but names can never hurt me' all this nonsense would stop.

Whats next, should we start considering expressions like 'I find your views depressing' offensive because it is an insult to those suffering from depression?

Its all crazy in my opinion.....wait a minute, can't say that C-word either because its offensive to crazy people :hmm:

@FiveofSwords Doesn't this 'ethnogenesis' mala[…]

Britain: Deliberately imports laborers from around[…]

There's nothing more progressive than supporting b[…]

A man from Oklahoma (United States) who travelled […]