Avatars & Top Banner - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Shall we enable caricatures on Avatars and Banners?

Yes to both
29%
No to Both
53%
Yes to Avatar
2%
No to Avatar
6%
Yes to Banner
10%
No to Banner
No votes
0%
Other
No votes
0%
By noemon
Philby wrote:I have some spare time the coming months and I am willing to do some work on the banner(s). Please let me know if you want me to do so.

If you could update our banner with mr Trump and Theresa May or as you see fit that would be great, thanks for offering.

politica-leaders-banner3-1200x75.png
politica-leaders-banner3-1200x75.png (62.95 KiB) Viewed 2878 times

I have asked from an artist to make a caricature version for us to test, but it would be great to have a picture banner ready. And I am not very good at making that. Varax did the existing one.

Yeah about the new avatars, the decision is quite clear, we will not be allowing the new avatar generator.
No to Both

I had initially thought the avatars looked exciting and new. However I feel that they are unnatural and do not convey the same level of seriousness that the traditional black and white pictures do.

If we have pictures and graphics instead of actual photographs we might find ourselves turning into a cartoon forum.
Do stereotypical pink-haired anime girls count as caricatures? Because there would be nothing more hilarious and stand-outish than to see a bright pink anime girl in amidst a bunch of black and white photographs.

@Political Interest

PoFo is already a cartoon forum filled with interesting and unique personalities, It's also ridiculous and not serious at all. In fact, if you replaced the avatars of everyone with caricatures you would swear that you were reading satire.

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]