Trump has no ideological concerns and almost apolitical - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Is it a problem that Trump has no ideological concerns?

Yes
52%
No
36%
Other
12%
He's very good at that.

I don't think he's all that pragmatic. I've not seen any evidence of that, just hopeful wishes on the part of his supporters. I grant that he has "some" business sense about him, but I have never been under the impression that someone who makes lots of money for themselves, often by bullying, intimidation, threats and actual law suits, taking out multiple bankruptcies and failing to honestly live up to contracts and pay his contractors, is a pragmatic way to run a nation where the incentives are not the same as running a business.

Have you been paying attention to what is happening and he has not even taken office yet? Companies are abandoning plans to move overseas. Foreign nations are vying for his favor, sometimes in backhanded ways. He is extremely pragmatic and knows the 'art of the deal'. He is still an unknown quantity and will probably remain somewhat so, as it is his style. Way too early to know if he is an idiot or a genius.
One Degree wrote:Have you been paying attention to what is happening and he has not even taken office yet? Companies are abandoning plans to move overseas. Foreign nations are vying for his favor, sometimes in backhanded ways. He is extremely pragmatic and knows the 'art of the deal'. He is still an unknown quantity and will probably remain somewhat so, as it is his style. Way too early to know if he is an idiot or a genius.

He wants his enemies to think he is an idiot and his followers to think he is a genius. In having a technique like that he already shows his intelligence. His enemies underestimate him and his followers are loyal to him.
One Degree wrote:Have you been paying attention to what is happening and he has not even taken office yet? Companies are abandoning plans to move overseas. Foreign nations are vying for his favor, sometimes in backhanded ways. He is extremely pragmatic and knows the 'art of the deal'. He is still an unknown quantity and will probably remain somewhat so, as it is his style. Way too early to know if he is an idiot or a genius.

Everything I've read is that Trump is taking credit for corporate actions, where it is undeserved. I guess is is a good selling point to his supporters, so why should they care about the reality? Carrier is still moving 1400 jobs over seas, keeping less than 900 here in the USA at a cost to the tax payer of $7M, and with no guarantee that those remaining 900 jobs won't move as well. Ford made their own bottom line decision based on auto economics and lower gas prices. Trump is showing himself on the world stage as a person who can be bought. His favors curried by merely booking rooms at his hotels. Foreign leaders finding the low hanging fruit would be silly not to pick it. As for his "art of the deal".... his ghost writer had a few things to say about the ignorance of Trump: http://www.npr.org/2016/07/21/486924253 ... -president
"I helped to paint Trump as a vastly more appealing human being than he actually is. And I have no pride about that...
<snip>
"One of the chief things I'm concerned about is the limits of his attention span, which are as severe as any person I think I've ever met," Schwartz says. "No matter what question I asked, he would become impatient with it pretty quickly, and literally, from the very first time I sat down to start interviewing him, after about 10 or 15 minutes, he said, 'You know, I don't really wanna talk about this stuff, I'm not interested in it, I mean it's over, it's the past, I'm done with it, what else have you got?' "
<snip>
Add to that the fact that Trump is so easily provoked, that what Schwartz calls Trump's insecurity "makes him incredibly reactive whenever he feels threatened, which is very, very often."
PraiseKek wrote:He wants his enemies to think he is an idiot and his followers to think he is a genius.
Like I said. he's very good at that. It will be interesting to see how his followers feel after he's walked back every single platform issue that stirred their support, in the first place.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@Tainari88 I think it is you who fails to unders[…]

The young need to be scared into some kind of mor[…]

It's the Elite of the USA that is "jealous[…]

Anomie: in societies or individuals, a conditi[…]