Trump has no ideological concerns and almost apolitical - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Is it a problem that Trump has no ideological concerns?

Yes
52%
No
36%
Other
12%
Apparently new US president has no ideological concerns. He can say something today and tomorrow he can tell crowds another thing which conflict with the first one. In other words, Trump hasn't any certain world view. It is just a fantasy world in his mind.

Anyone and anything can influence him. As you see that his cabinet picks are mosyly conservative figures. Can you imagine that this was the same person who was targeting these people in election season? Yes, we are not surprised anymore. It is just new normal.

So what is the point of being president if you don't emberace a political ideology? Turning White House into a family business? Childish "my country beats yours" rhetoric? Going for a trade war while has no adavtange of fighting?
This is what makes Trump unpredictable, to both his friends and enemies. They expect a set of actions premised on a specific ideological world view.

This expectation is, so far as I can see, misplaced. Trump has no views, only interests. His actions will be informed by his perception of his interests, and only in that respect will he be predictable. Trump actions are closest to a medieval warlord advancing his clan's power - if you can conceive of a medieval warlord who happened to stumble upon control of a modern state.
Trump is more like a Roman Emperor than a medieval warlord. His narcissism, his nepotism, his lack of interest in ideology, his obsession with being popular, his proclaimed opposition to the 'Establishment' (i.e., the Senate).... all of this suggests that he's basically Commodus reincarnated and ensconced in the White House. :lol:

I'd say an absence of ideology is a good thing. Ideology is always nonsense and lies except worse because fundies witlessly repeat the same shit over and over which is really boring.

------

In other news I have discovered the inner mystery of pepe from this nice article.

The Truth About Pepe the Frog and the Cult of Kek

TL;DR - it woz 4chan wot dunnit
If he were an ideologue he would probably be some sort of Zionist Neo-Con.

Which is basically why I voted 'no'. It is probably fortunate for the world that he is uninterested in ideology and has never troubled himself to create a consistent world-view for himself. He will probably just do whatever is pragmatically in his interests from day to day. This means that there is a limit to how much damage he can do, especially given his lack of hostility towards Russia.
Potemkin wrote:Which is basically why I voted 'no'. It is probably fortunate for the world that he is uninterested in ideology and has never troubled himself to create a consistent world-view for himself. He will probably just do whatever is pragmatically in his interests from day to day. This means that there is a limit to how much damage he can do, especially given his lack of hostility towards Russia.

What is most interesting about this is that it gives us an insight into how the average American would think about politics if given the reigns of government. Trump is the essential American without any ideological training or biases. It is definitely encouraging that he is not ideological. In spite of all his weaknesses one can only imagine if the very ideological Hillary Clinton had been elected instead.
What is most interesting about this is that it gives us an insight into how the average American would think about politics if given the reigns of government. Trump is the essential American without any ideological training or biases.

I agree, and this is something else he has in common with the Roman Emperors. Guys like Nero or Commodus were actually hugely popular with the Roman people, a fact which is often forgotten now. And they were popular precisely because they behaved exactly as an average Roman pleb would have behaved in their position. The common man could identify with them, in a way that they couldn't with, say, a senator or a consul. And the fact that they were enthusiastically lopping the heads off senators didn't hurt either. :lol:

It is definitely encouraging that he is not ideological. In spite of all his weaknesses one can only imagine if the very ideological Hillary Clinton had been elected instead.

Absolutely. I was glad when Trump stopped Ted Cruz in his tracks, and I was even gladder when he stopped Hillary Clinton in her tracks. Simply by being elected, Trump may have saved the world from a global war.
I'm inclined to agree. He is a bit like an American Caesar. And he is probably the lesser evil compared to the 'bitch with the bombs'. I do think there will be many disappointed supporters if they think Trump will improve the lot of common people in America. But they were going to get screwed regardless of who won.
He has his own personal ideology, which is as fixed and dogmatic as an ideology can be. It sort of bubbles up from the unconscious through always the same channels to produce a mishmash of largely incomprehensible gibberish. But it has nevertheless coagulated into a very fixed form that cannot be easily changed. To Trump it makes sense just like a psychopath has an internal logic that may only be comprehensible to himself. What is astounding in Trump's case is that he managed to link into the amorphous mix of emotions and resentments that forms the worldview of tens of millions of Americans. Psychopaths sometimes have an uncanny intelligence or a sixth sense that allows them to sense the fears and weaknesses of others.
Yes, it is a problem.

One possible reason is that he is so old, no offense to the older men on here, that he gets a bit senile. He forgets that he said "No" on Monday and says "Yes" on Tuesday. Maybe we all need to hold up enlarged cards with his past statements pasted on like Bernie Sanders did before Congress on Friday's session.

Another possible reason is that he just really wanted to become President to add a sticker to his book of accomplishments? He probably was thinking, "I will just say all that shit to please them and get the vote. Then when I reach my goal, I can do what I want to do." What a manipulative bugger, hm? :eek:

Atlantis wrote:He has his own personal ideology, which is as fixed and dogmatic as an ideology can be.

Yes, well said. He is old enough that he is set in his ways. There is a saying, "You can't teach an old dog new tricks." He probably has no inclination to learn new ways of doing business or new ways of leading. He has his methods and he will not change it for anybody.
Atlantis wrote:He has his own personal ideology, which is as fixed and dogmatic as an ideology can be. It sort of bubbles up from the unconscious through always the same channels to produce a mishmash of largely incomprehensible gibberish. But it has nevertheless coagulated into a very fixed form that cannot be easily changed. To Trump it makes sense just like a psychopath has an internal logic that may only be comprehensible to himself. What is astounding in Trump's case is that he managed to link into the amorphous mix of emotions and resentments that forms the worldview of tens of millions of Americans. Psychopaths sometimes have an uncanny intelligence or a sixth sense that allows them to sense the fears and weaknesses of others.

Very interesting. Can you spell out what that ideology actually is?
quetzalcoatl wrote:Very interesting. Can you spell out what that ideology actually is?

Yes certainly:

M A K E A M E R I C A G R E A T A G A I N

Build a wall, restrict Muslim immigration, ally with Russia, keep Assad in power, stop criticising Israel, use the militarily aggressively and without worrying about human rights, protectionism and economic interventionism, infrastructure spending, law and order, authoritarianism generally, opposition to political correctness, but moderately progressive on social issues.

I mean how much do you want? What did Mussolini's ideology amount to? but he still made his mark.
No.
He is not bound by any ideology, so he can get results.
Everyone said it is not possible to halt illegal immigration, bring jobs back to blue collar workers, and so on, and Trump does not care, he just does it, or at least tries.
I think he can be persuaded to change his mind on many issues and he will change course and the people will approve.
Let's see.
I always thought the one thing most of us agreed on was the oligarchy controlling our government. We finally elect a president who, at the minimum, gives us the illusion he will do something about it and all half of you want to do is trash him before he has a chance to show us. When do you think we will have another opportunity like this. Give him your support on at least that issue. We can undue anything else he does if he accomplishes that one thing. A hugely important thing. You should let him know you will support him or he can not succeed and it will be your fault, not his.
Trump is a part of the oligarchy, the United States has went from having politicians who are puppets belonging to the billionaires to having one of the billionaires governing the country directly, that is most definitely a step backwards when it comes to the American people actually controlling their government. I don't see how any honest person could construe it in any other way.

How about Russia uses a battle field nuclear we[…]

@Tainari88 , @Godstud @Rich , @Verv , @Po[…]

World War II Day by Day

March 29, Friday Mackenzie King wins Canadian el[…]

Hmmm, it the Ukraine aid package is all over main[…]