Taxing US export goods and services - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Should the rest of the world tax US goods deadly?

Yes
40%
No
60%
Other
No votes
0%
Half the US is desert and can not depend on traditional farms,

Take a close Google look at that desert. You will find it permeated with irrigated farms.
The scenario you describe requires the US against a unified Earth. This will never happen. The US becoming isolationist will not unify the rest of the world, it will shatter allegiances. Few countries would risk angering the US in this situation. Look how they want to curry favor with Trump after denouncing him.
Farms that are requiring tons of water and minerals to operate since the land is not welling.
Those are things the US is already going into problems with.

It doesn't require a unified earth, it only takes to make hostility with the major nations like China, Russia, India, Brazil, and core nations of Europe.
The US is already in hostility with Russia, tension is escalating with China.
New tension with Europe and India created by Trump. And also minor tension with Brazil since a few years that Trump would probably escalate sooner or latter.
They don't need to go to war with the US, it only takes the US president to start economic disputes with these nations to put the first step down that path.
The US cant use military force with any of these nations. Why ? Because MAD.
So a military conflict is not in the list of options, but an economic warfare and internal dis-stabilization which both are pretty much already seem to be starting in early stages.
Thats why everyone in and outside the US who is experienced in the field of politics and international affairs warned Americans about Trump.
And thats why your enemies were happy when he won the election.
anasawad wrote:Thats why everyone in and outside the US who is experienced in the field of politics and international affairs warned Americans about Trump.
And thats why your enemies were happy when he won the election.

Amen to that!

They shot themselves in the foot, just like the Brexshitters.

Doesn't mean they won't try to make others pay for it, though.
[quote][And thats why your enemies were happy when he won the election./quote]

Our enemies are globalists, not the people living in different countries. Those who support the globalist approach are supporting a world economy that only benefits the very wealthy so we can have some different trinkets in our stores. The price they want us to pay for this is a universal morality based upon Western liberal ideas of Utopia. It has no real value to the average person. It is all a pretend reality that serves no real human need. I can be totally self sufficient with an acre of land. My community can be self sufficient with a few square miles. There is nothing of importance that we can not build and finance with 50,000 people. The rest is just a matter of coordinating these communities production for the benefit of the elite.
@One Degree

You're talking about a very basic self sufficiency not a self standing modern economy.
Two are entirely different things.

Trust me when i say this. You have real enemies out there whom are not globalists and not elites, but rather the countless many your government has ruined their lives and they make up entire nations today.
[quote][You're talking about a very basic self sufficiency not a self standing modern economy.
Two are entirely different things./quote]

What does a modern economy give me that I did not have before. I still had food, shelter, and medical care.
Nothing has changed economically in my 69 years that has provided a net gain in quality of life. It has actually deteriorated dramatically. Why should I support a 'modern' economy that seems to make my life worse?
Well, with Americans being used to many luxuries (i.e everything not basic), and generally consumerism.
That would be a major shift to take.

Maybe, maybe not. A lot of Americans are into camping. I think they long for simpler times. Most just don't stop to think we have a choice. You are not suppose to doubt that the global economy is essential, so most don't. We are a brain washed world. Just keep repeating to us something is good and we will believe you and not bother to ask 'why?' and ignore all the evidence to the contrary.
One Degree wrote:A lot of Americans are into camping. I think they long for simpler times. Most just don't stop to think we have a choice. You are not suppose to doubt that the global economy is essential, so most don't. We are a brain washed world. Just keep repeating to us something is good and we will believe you and not bother to ask 'why?' and ignore all the evidence to the contrary.

Back in '08 '09 did the Americans who lost their homes say "OhBoy! Now we can go Camping? "
Tewodros III wrote:I said with trump and his looter gang, impossible. The reason they were able to succeed both isolation and success was due to FDR Soviet influence economy plans. I also stated FDR and Stalin were cool with each other and would have a Cold War if he lived long.

No, this still doesn't make sense. I realise English is not your first language, but try and keep it simple, with a normal sentence structure, like 'subject-verb-object'. Try to explain what you think the Soviets had to do with the Americans converting their economy to wartime production.

Whether FDR and Stalin were really 'cool with each other' is highly debatable. They co-operated against the Nazis, but there wasn't a significant difference between FDR and Truman, his vice-president, so I don't think the post-war events would have been much different.
Back in '08 '09 did the Americans who lost their homes say "OhBoy! Now we can go Camping? "

I don't know. I did not talk to all of them.
Yes, we should fight against China. But Trump's reasons are not accurate and his way of handling the situation is wrong either.

We should fight against China for various reasons like its state sponsored human rights violations, aggressive and expansionist attudie toward neighbor countries, undemocratic state structure.
For the love of god stop this stupidity. If you don't like the elected president that doesn't mean he or she is not elected.
Erdogan as unliked he is in the west, is democratically elected.
The leadership in Iran is elected.
And same wise, Trump is elected.
All are democracies so stop the fucking stupidity and the dumb arguments casually following it to deny the fact its democratic.
Because guess what, even if a president who hates you was elected, it doesn't mean much, because half the world population hate everything you represent thus obviously atleast somebody who hates you will win election at some point here or there.
anasawad wrote:For the love of god stop this stupidity. If you don't like the elected president that doesn't mean he or she is not elected.
Erdogan as unliked he is in the west, is democratically elected.
The leadership in Iran is elected.
And same wise, Trump is elected.
All are democracies so stop the fucking stupidity and the dumb arguments casually following it to deny the fact its democratic.
Because guess what, even if a president who hates you was elected, it doesn't mean much, because half the world population hate everything you represent thus obviously atleast somebody who hates you will win election at some point here or there.

Total nonsense.

Erdogan or better his party is elected, but since HDP MPs have been arrested based of fake terrorism charges calling Turkey a democracy is silly. And obviously the elections were not fair since Erdogan has shut down opposition media.

The Islamic Republic of Iran was never a democracy. The guardian council is not elected. It strictly controls who is allowed to run for elections. Last time 99% of opposition candidates were rejected. It's a farce, nothing else.
Iran is a democracy, the supreme leader is elected whom he assign only half of the guardian council and they need to pass any veto on candidates with the Parliment and the supreme court, both having their officials elected.
If it strictly controlled who is allowed to run the election the clerics which is currently the ruling party wouldn't have lost both the Parliment and the assembly this past election by around 59% and will be losing the supreme leader (i.e like the president of the united states position) in 2020.
And 99% of opposing candidates were rejected ? thats some class A bullshit you're throwing.
If 99% of the candidates were rejected, they wouldn't win the election. You know, by logic.

And Turkey is still a democracy the majority, atleast a simple majority elected the leadership. Thats what democracy is.
Liberalism and democracy are two entirely different things and they don't always exist together.
Democracy put in simple terms is rule of the people or rule of the majority. If the majority is Islamists then the system is islamists.
If the majority is zionists then the system is zionists.
With all the each entails in a system.
And democracy does actually mean shutting down the opposition, thats why it has a lovely little name; the dictatorship of the majority.

And BTW, to add on the previous post. The people who get rejected from running to an official post in Iran are usually people who are seen by the government as ones would cause imbalance in the system (i.e tip the scales towards a certain faction). Because the entire system is designed to make sure there is a constant balance between the 5 different nations forming Iran which each has its own culture, language, ethnicity, history and even religion.

Its not rejected based on which party you're in, thats why it has to pass through both the Parliment and the supreme court before the veto pass.
Here you go anasawad:

https://www.iranhumanrights.org/2016/02/elections/

Free elections means every citizen can run for office and every citizen's vote is counted. As soon as those in power restrict who is allowed to run for office, the system ceases to be a democracy. That is plain obvious. There is no "rule of the majority" when the majority cannot pick candidates which properly represent them. It doesn't matter whether those in power were once elected. Hitler was elected once too, and you wouldn't call him a democrat, would you.

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong???[…]

Sure, but they are too stupid to understand, Trum[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

This is the issue. It is not changing. https://y[…]

@annatar1914 do not despair. Again, el amor pu[…]