First Crisis of the Trump Administration - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

First Foreign Policy Crisis of Trump's Administration

State Collapse in Venezuela
No votes
0%
Iran
29%
Israel-Palestine
14%
South China Sea
No votes
0%
Russia
No votes
0%
Eurozone Disintegration
No votes
0%
North Korea
No votes
0%
Major Domestic Terror Attack
No votes
0%
Major Terrorist Attack in the West
No votes
0%
Domestic Unrest in Egypt or any GCC country
No votes
0%
Mexico
29%
Other (please specify)
29%
What does PoFo believe will be the first major crisis of the Trump Administration?

Right now Iran has been "put on notice" and there is renewed conflict in Eastern Ukraine. On the other hand closer to home we have deteriorating relations with Mexico and the continuing economic collapse in Venezuela. Had you asked me a week ago I would have likely said South China Sea, or Venezuela. Now I'm guessing Iran, his administration contains many Iran hawks and other potential adversaries may stand by to gauge any further actions taken between Iran and the United States and use those to extrapolate Trump's reactions to them asserting their perceived interests.
I think domestic opposition is already Trump's first crisis. The foreign policy situation will likely evolve over the coming month(s)., keep in mind, the Trump executive office has been governing without a Secretary of state for almost two weeks.
I am not saying it should, and I am not saying it shouldn't, but it is high time for Iran's Revolutionary Guards to be de-clawed, de-fanged, humiliated and possibly annihilated.

As a close second, China needs to realise that annexing 90% of the oceans in the Region is unfair.

If those two problems could be solved by Trump, I wouldn't call it a crisis but a remarkable achievement.

It might not come to that. Since Trump is in the White house, Iran's little speed boats are now keeping their distance from American war ships :)
Other. I agree with MB.

He is in a tailspin domestically. Perhaps the republicans can get a handle on him pretty soon but here is the deal.

The major money people are getting really frightened. The UBER (idiot extraordinaire) bailed on his domestic council after seeing his AP slammed big time. Walmart and Amazon are seriously pissed. The Koch brothers are fuming.

The people are pissed. His approval rating is in the tank. All of that said. He is playing a smart game in the hinterlands but the money people are about to jerk on the chain. Ryan is slavering to get ahold of Social Security and Medicare and if they go after that they my face a real drubbing in 18. If the money goes blue (and it very well might)...all bets are off.

Trump has the advantage of being flexible. Congressional and senate republicans can't play the middle of the road.
I voted for Mexico, but I also am hoping that there will not be a domestic/Islamic terrorist attack that causes a severe problem. I expect there to be one, but I don't think that Trump will really have much choice on what to do. It will most likely be handled by the FBI or local law enforcement, which I am assuming (which may be dumb) that Trump will not micromanage and will allow to do the effective jobs that they normally do in bringing the perpetrator(s) to justice.

The reason I voted for Mexico is that I think he will not back down from having Mexico pay or the narco intervention, which would lead to a huge crisis between the two countries that have enjoyed relative stability in relations since the Mexican-American war. I would hate for that to happen, because many of my friends, family, and colleagues are pro-Mexican if not Mexican themselves, and thus I have a huge affinity for the country and the people. I don't think it's right for him to single out Mexico and feed on the anti-Mexican sentiment, but it is what it is.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oex20hQeQp4 No, […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhTHsvuKa4s

He's a parasite

Trump Derangement Syndrome lives. :O