Will Trump start another war during his presidency? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Will Trump start another war during his presidency?

No, Trump will not start any conflict
29%
Yes, Trump will start one or more trade wars (which region?)
29%
Yes, Trump will start one or more regional wars (which region?)
39%
Yes, Trump will start WWIII
No votes
0%
Others
3%
starman2003 wrote:I doubt many State or Defense Dept pros want war with Iran, which could have very serious repercussions. No doubt, the pro-Israel lobby is full of men who want war with Iran.

Any war with Iran would have the necessary approvals before hand. The repercussions would be minimal and probably non existent to the average US citizen.
One Degree wrote:Any war with Iran would have the necessary approvals before hand.

Cheap politicians may overawe State and Defense Dept pros, as during the prelude to the 2003 invasion of Iraq, but "approval" was superficial....

The repercussions would be minimal and probably non existent to the average US citizen.

A war in the Persian gulf, possibly spreading farther, could disrupt much of the oil flow, sending prices through the roof and sparking a serious global economic downturn.
Decky wrote:Look at Obama's drone campaign. The US does not declare war any more, they are in a permanent state of bombing children in one part of the world or another. There is not one single day when they are not fighting. Declarations of war are sort of out of date as far as the US is concerned.

This is one or the rare occasions I actually agree with Decky.

How does it feel to be complicit in these crimes Decky, now that your Brexit government has tightly bonded with the great deal maker? :lol:

Not that you couldn't do enough damage on your own. You are practically in the pockets of the Saudis and party to the illegal war in Yemen. What was it again that made you give preference to the Saudis and Trumpists over Europeans?
That endeavor would fail, harder and more expensively than Iraq and Afghanistan failed. Russia, India and China all have their fingers in that cake. Whatever the US imposes by force will begin to unravel the moment it ceases the campaign. Bombing Iranian government, industry and infrastructure will just incite more popular support for it among its people. It will continue doing what it wants to do in secret. But it won't be isolated like NK is-which is now more dangerous than ever before precisely due to US policies of the mid-90''s. It will be another long term folly.

What the US can do is suck Putin's toes, and hope he keeps Iran in line. Trump has inherited the possibility to rebuild and repair his broken country. Another un-affordable bout of Foreign adventurism will ensure its downfall. This is just lip service to keep his campaign running mates satiated.

Big step one: Build the wall, save $130 billion annually. That's how much illegals are costing the US economy every year. Build wall and deport every last one.
Igor Antunov wrote:Big step one: Build the wall, save $130 billion annually. That's how much illegals are costing the US economy every year. Build wall and deport every last one.

Conventional wisdom has it that immigrants contribute to the domestic economy due to their labor. Why would illegals cost the US economy 130 billion USD annually? That seems very unlikely.

Aside from that, I agree with your analysis of the geopolitical situation. Perhaps Trump thinks that Iran is an easy target because it's smaller than China. But that doesn't take into considerations Iran's relations with Russia and China, in particular.

I wonder why Trump is so focused on Iran. Trump doesn't seem to be the kind of person who cares a lot about non-proliferation.
Considering the state of the world today (which is directly linked to the catastrophic Iraq invasion), it's going to be WWIII or go home. I don't think he's going to go after Iran (which would put the U.S. on a collision course with Russia again) and more than likely he's just posturing against Obama's policies in order to weaken the Democrats, who made a political misstep in giving a shit about Palestinians. In reality Israeli regional interests naturally conflict with the Shi'ite political bodies and their Russian guarantors.
I agree that the Democrats made a big mistake by supporting the Palestinians instead if Israel. They also made a mistake by electing a Muslim as President. His bow to a Muslim King did not help them either. However, it might have helped him get the Noble Peace Prize. The liberals like that sort of thing.
Hindsite wrote:I agree that the Democrats made a big mistake by supporting the Palestinians instead if Israel. They also made a mistake by electing a Muslim as President. His bow to a Muslim King did not help them either. However, it might have helped him get the Noble Peace Prize. The liberals like that sort of thing.

You're trollin....
Donald wrote:Considering the state of the world today (which is directly linked to the catastrophic Iraq invasion),

Sure.

I don't think he's going to go after Iran (which would put the U.S. on a collision course with Russia again)

Even without that prospect, it would be crazy to launch another costly, futile adventure in that part of the world.

and more than likely he's just posturing against Obama's policies in order to weaken the Democrats, who made a political misstep in giving a shit about Palestinians.

It's true that Israel's backers wield infinitely more clout, but a slightly favorable view toward the Palestinians isn't what did Hillary in.

In reality Israeli regional interests naturally conflict with the Shi'ite political bodies and their Russian guarantors.

Notice Trump hasn't moved the embassy to Jerusalem. Despite AIPAC power, the real foreign policy pros must've talked him out of it. It might've alienated a lot more muslims than those in Iran....
Igor Antunov wrote:Because illegals send most of what they earn back home and tend to be over-represented in welfare and the criminal justice system, both directly and indirectly with poorly conceived anchor babies who grow up to be criminals and a net drain.

That may be your opinion, but it is no proof to show that immigrants are not beneficial to the domestic economy. I'm not familiar with the situation in the US, but in Europe we have found that immigrants are very beneficial to the domestic economy even if they send their savings back home.
In the USA, there is a difference between legal immigrants and illegal immigrants. Here it is the illegal immigrants that are causing all the trouble. They are committing many crimes, like robbery, rape, murder, and illegal drug dealing to name the more serious. Some of the illegal immigrants do benefit our economy. That was what was happening in the beginning and why it was mainly ignored. But now the harm to our legal citizens and the economy exceeds any benefit we have received.
Trump's plan is to build a southern border wall were all the cocaine and any other illegal drugs are being brought across from Mexico in order to at least slow it down, if not completely stopping it. It is also meant to make it easier for our border agents to stop the flow of the bad Hombres into the country. Once we get rid of the bad Hombres, then we can begin to control how many good hombres that want to work that we wish to allow in and out.
It is not likely for someone from Manhattan would have a clue about the problems the border agents have.

Border agents have said that bad Hombres are coming and going across the Mexican border and many are bring in loads of cocaine.

Once in awhile they catch the Hombres and confiscate their drugs. Some border guards have said they would like a border wall on parts of the border in order to funnel them into certain areas so that they can more easily apprehend them.

As a Latino, I am always very careful about crossi[…]

As I pointed out. the source says 'there is no sc[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Interesting: https://jackrasmus.com/2024/04/23/uk[…]

Here are some of the the latest reports of student[…]